• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

LegoArmo

Does anybody have a longer name than Stracqualursi on a jersey?

jan%2Bvenn.jpg

4-4?

United wants to be as awesome as Dortmund lol

In BVB news, Kevin Großkreutz told Jürgen Klopp that he won't be back at the training area before Wednesday :D

What. The. Fuck.

Why do we have to go to City and park the bus? We're not that sort of team. You think we are not good enough to win at City? If you do, you should stop calling yourself a United fan. I fully expect us to go out there and attack City right from the get-go because we are the fucking reigning champions and we are not going to give up the title without a hell of a fight.

And you also don't think we can beat two mid-table teams?

It's one fucking draw, people, and we are still six points ahead at the top of the table. Get some perspective for fuck's sake.

Oh he mad.

I love how we want to gift the Scudetto to Juventus today. I really do.

So do we. I was going to say that I don't want to win the scudetto like this, that I want to win it kicking and screaming until the end, but no I just want it any way I can get it. If it means we wrap it up in a couple of weeks then I'm fine with that, even if it means a couple of meaningless weeks of Serie A.

If you're going to call Busquets 'Busi' that then we might as well shorten and put an I on the end of every Barcelona player's name:

Valdi
Dani
Poohi
Piqui
Abi
Xavii
Busi
.ini
Fabi
Messii
Alexi

Salvadora

What. The. Fuck.

Why do we have to go to City and park the bus? We're not that sort of team. You think we are not good enough to win at City? If you do, you should stop calling yourself a United fan. I fully expect us to go out there and attack City right from the get-go because we are the fucking reigning champions and we are not going to give up the title without a hell of a fight.

It's one fucking draw, people, and we are still six points ahead at the top of the table. Get some perspective for fuck's sake.

This is what I wanted :lol :lol

If you're going to call Busquets 'Busi' that then we might as well shorten and put an I on the end of every Barcelona player's name:

Valdi
Dani
Poohi
Piqui
Abi
Xavii
Busi
.ini
Fabi
Messii
Alexi
:lol :lol :lol

Can somebody removed Clegg as a United fan from the OP, Elyrion laid down the law!

So depressed, majorly sick, exams coming up, United in self-destruct mode. Time for some retail therapy.

Clegg

What. The. Fuck.

Its not just one draw. United have been playing poorly for the last few weeks

Wigan 1 United 0

United 4 Everton 4

United 1 City 6

I'm not expecting anything from next week if we play like we have recently. And don't you even dare say I'm not a fan. You are burying your head in the sand if you think United are playing anywhere near good enough to win the title.

I'm bolding this result because we got bummed the last time we attacked all out against City in the league.

ElyrionX

I really don't understand the United fans who are fully expecting us to lose at the Eastlands. If you don't even have any faith at all in your team winning against your most bitter rivals then why be a fan at all? Especially when it comes to a team like United with the kind of mentality and tradition we've always had. We lost 6-1 at Old Trafford but this is football and that doesn't mean shit. Every team has its off day and that was one hell of a off day for us. It's not going to be easy to win at City but that doesn't mean we don't have what it takes to win if it really comes down to it.

So do we. I was going to say that I don't want to win the scudetto like this, that I want to win it kicking and screaming until the end, but no I just want it any way I can get it. If it means we wrap it up in a couple of weeks then I'm fine with that, even if it means a couple of meaningless weeks of Serie A.
We are very far from wrapping it up. Even if Milan can't get two goals past a poor Bologna, we still have to beat Roma. And there are still five games against those very sides we simply love to draw 0-0 and 1-1 with.

Wigan 1 United 0

United 4 Everton 4

United 1 City 6

I'm not expecting anything from next week if we play like we have recently. And don't you even dare say I'm not a fan. You are burying your head in the sand if you think United are playing anywhere near good enough to win the title.

It's been a gazillion weeks from the disaster.

ElyrionX

Wigan 1 United 0

United 4 Everton 4

United 1 City 6

United 1 City 6 is in "recent weeks"?

Our form in the last 10 games are WWWWWWWLWD. You call that poor form? And I'm the one burying my head in the sand?

Zabojnik

I'm calling it, 2 - 1 for Milan within the first 10mins of the 2nd half. Ibra, Ibra (pen.).

Genoa is fucked. Can't say I'll be shedding any tears seeing them go down to Serie B. Terrible team, scumbag owner.

GorillaJu

Our form in the last 10 games are WWWWWWWLWD. You call that poor form? And I'm the one burying my head in the sand?

Lowering your expectations to avoid shock is not an uncommon defense mechanism. Not sure why you're so surprised - hardcore fans of every sports team do this.

Clegg

:lol :lol :lol

Can somebody removed Clegg as a United fan from the OP, Elyrion laid down the law!
My name has never been on that list.

I'm a City fan in disguise.

And that was an ill informed rant that didn't take into account Uniteds gash recent form.

There is nothing wrong with doubting your team.

I find blind loyalty to be much more annoying.

Wessiej

30 minutes till our next match. If we win this one there is possibly no way that we aren't going to be the champion in one week.

Well, yeah. And I'll be shocked if Milan do actually drop points tonight, but a two game cushion with only five games left would put us in an amazing place.

It's weird. We're actually competing on more fronts than Milan right now. We can actually complain to be exhausted now
KuGsj.gif

ElyrionX

I will never understand this logic.

First of all, it's not as if there is a huge gulf in quality between United and City. They are not leagues ahead of us on the pitch (assuming that they are even ahead, at all). If the fans don't even believe that the team can win, how can we expect our players on the pitch itself to have that kind of belief?

It's a fine line between faith and delusion. But don't behave as if we don't have a chance and it's a foregone conclusion especially when you're a fan of the team. I've been a fan of United more than 19 years and if there's anything I've learnt, it is that you never write United off, anytime and anywhere. This team has always been about overcoming the odds and doing what it takes to win. Did anyone really expected us to win the treble back in 99? More recently, did anyone really expect us to be top of the table at this point in the season?

bjaelke

Confirmed lineup. Sterling shafted.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Spearing, Maxi, Suarez, and Carroll
Subs: Doni, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Bellamy, Shelvey, Kelly

GorillaJu

First of all, it's not as if there is a huge gulf in quality between United and City. They are not leagues ahead of us on the pitch (assuming that they are even ahead, at all). If the fans don't even believe that the team can win, how can we expect our players on the pitch itself to have that kind of belief?

It's a fine line between faith and delusion. But don't behave as if we don't have a chance and it's a foregone conclusion especially when you're a fan of the team. I've been a fan of United more than 19 years and if there's anything I've learnt, it is that you never write United off, anytime and anywhere. This team has always been about overcoming the odds and doing what it takes to win. Did anyone really expected us to win the treble back in 99? More recently, did anyone really expect us to be top of the table at this point in the season?

City beat you 6-1 at your own stadium. They lost their form, but have just got their mojo back and are on a rampage similar to the one they were on before they massacred you last time. City winning this one is a likely result.

You forgot to mention that the referee was there to help you guys in a few of those games.

Confirmed lineup. Sterling shafted.

Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Spearing, Maxi, Suarez, and Carroll
Subs: Doni, Coates, Downing, Carragher, Bellamy, Shelvey, Kelly

I'm beginning to think Daglish don't like giving many good players a chance.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/rTprM.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/HeDGs.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/gYIXy.jpg[/IMG]

[G]http://i.imgur.com/cXPLS.jpg[/IMG]

I can't stand first names on jerseys. Nicknames for Brazilians or countries that have super long names makes sense. But instances like these bother me.

zhmcz.jpg

Top Bottom