• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Choc

Banned
Anyone who thinks the referee relying on the ASSISTANT REFEREE for the red card is wrong is a knob. ARs are trained to look behind the referees heads for these incidents so they are not missed. I am trained like this all the time

This is why they are called ASSISTANTS not LINESMEN

compared to every other sport a football ar has a lot more responsibility

Seriously learn the rules before you go off your heads. The ref IMO had a good game.

Clegg

Not quite

Gifs were made for wrestling!
tumblr_m1xlibsQxy1qh8wujo1_400.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone who thinks the referee relying on the ASSISTANT REFEREE for the red card is wrong is a knob. ARs are trained to look behind the referees heads for these incidents so they are not missed. I am trained like this all the time

This is why they are called ASSISTANTS not LINESMEN

compared to every other sport a football ar has a lot more responsibility

Seriously learn the rules before you go off your heads. The ref IMO had a good game.

I never saw the assistant flag for the red card. I might be mistaken but can't remember it

ATF487

Like I said above you. Call him a cunt all you like, I'll agree with you. But folks need to leave the racist shit out until he's actually proven guilty.

We can't wait that long; there should have been a verdict already, and if he wasn't England's Brave John Terry then the trial would not have been pushed back until after the Euros.

In the meantime, we've come up with our own conclusion: He's a racist cunt

Wilbur

Banned
We can't wait that long; there should have been a verdict already, and if he wasn't England's Brave John Terry then the trial would not have been pushed back until after the Euros.

myfavouritegif.gif

Messi

We really should watch the language that is being thrown around here at the moment. You guys better not get the thread shuttered.

Not mad at all.

I straight up admitted that Krul is the biggest time-wasting GK I've seen. Sometimes I'm amazed he gets away with it. RVP was obviously pissed and I don't blame him :lol

Lol fair enough, I still chuckle that Krul was getting louder boos than when Nasri first returned to the Emirates.

Also, some of the tweets about Shreeves are hilarious:

After ruining Branislav Ivanovic's night, Geoff Shreeves is now walking around the Nou Camp telling children that Santa isn't real...

Bless Ivanovic, he looked like a kid who's just been told he can't go on the trip to Alton Towers because his mam didn't sign the forms.

Tau

What a high he must be feeling. Well done!

Indeed, Torres must feel like he's on top of the world right now. If playing barca in the semi finals, 2nd Leg and scoring the final goal to completely finish barca off doesn't help him regain his skills/confidence I don't know what will!

:lol, so should he be cleared can we all call you a cunt? Or what if we take your stance and can't wait that long, can we just call you a cunt now? How does this work?

Moobabe

Yeah the whole "Is John Terry a racist" is kind of moot - as is "Is John Terry a cunt." The guy doesn't 'deserve' to be playing in the final because of his stupidity tonight, regardless of how fantastic he's been for the club.

Dibbz

I'm just going to go ahead and quote the entire post.

It's unbelievable. Look at the determination Shreeves puts into reducing Ivanovic into a scared and bewildered child. In less then 30 seconds he pretty much breaks his mind. It's really bad, but I couldn't stop laughing as Ivanovich frantically struggled to understand what was happening. Honestly, as if that's the one thing you want to highlight minutes after that match, and then when it's clear he doesn't know, ram into his fucking head that he won't be playing! No, can't be playing! You can actually see the cogs spinning in Ivanovic's head as he takes in obviously too much to comprehend, and just reaches a choke point where his mind sadly explodes.

Ivanovic actually looks wildly across to Ashley Cole, and in a moment of absolute desperation clearly wills for him to make Shreeves explode, or disappear. He's thinking, quick Cole, please do something so that the words this bad man is saying doesn't come true! And then he realizes, fuck, Ashley doesn't have these powers. The words are true. And then just at that moment Shreeves re-inforces what he is now just understanding, and reminds him again, he won't be playing. The final touch from Shreeves there was outstanding, almost like he was trying to break down a terrorist, but instead it was just Ivanovic, the footballer.

brb printing out and saving it to read to my grandchildren.

You know I went to the Barca forums with every intention of trolling them but upon reading some posts on the latest page by some of their members I decided not to they are being incredibly reasonable (at least the ones I have read) and I respect that.

Salvadora

You know I went to the Barca forums with every intention of trolling them but upon reading some posts on the latest page by some of their members I decided not to they are being incredibly reasonable (at least the ones I have read) and I respect that.

I think its the same with most fan forums.

I went there just to check it out and a hell lot was calling for Pep to be fired and one about jumping out of the window. Laughed at it and couldn't be bothered to log in, although I am probably perma banned from there anyway after I called Alves the most vile human on earth from back when they played Copenhagen.

iFP4AcFkqJ0HK.gif

Kylehimself said:
Sarcasm mate.

What has Ledley King got to do with it? I said not to call him a racist (in regard to the other posters) as any racist allegations are at the moment, just that. I wasn't saying you called him that.

Well I don't know why you took issue with what I said then. It seems I am forever in your crosshairs.

To the guys who recently bought Juve kits from Soccer Triads, how were they? I'm not expecting greatness, but like, were they not bad? Can't afford like a 50quid shirt.

Moobabe

This is awesome.

Regarding yellow cards, IMO, there should be a clean sheet for the final match.

Yep - it won't be until Messi misses the CL final through suspension that the rule will get changed though. Or I hope whoever wins tomorrow loses a few as well and maybe, just maybe, someone will have a rethink about the rules. No-one should miss a final for a cumulative yellow card count.

ATF487

:lol, so should he be cleared can we all call you a cunt? Or what if we take your stance and can't wait that long, can we just call you a cunt now? How does this work?

You can call anyone a cunt for any reason, it's the football thread way. Don't worry though, he won't be cleared ;)

Fintan

WOW! I didn't get much chance to post during the match. That was quite possibly the most tense experience of my football watching life. When Torres scored I jumped up out of my seat screaming and ran around the house. It was amazing.

I was very surprised by Barca's performance in the second half. It seemed like the penalty miss killed a lot of their drive and momentum. They looked out of ideas after that.

Who do we expect to start in the final?

I see something like this:
Cech
Bosingwa-Luiz-Cahill-Cole
Mikel-Lampard
Mata
Sturridge-Drogba-Kalou

All this talk of footballing tactics tonight has made me wonder: could this work and if not then why?

Three/four players huddle around to form a circle, arms placed on each others shoulders with the ball in the centre. The rest of the players then form another circle around the first group.

Do this as high up the pitch as possible and have no players behind this circle. It'd be extremely difficult to win the ball from that circle - its essentially a defensive wall similar to that in set pieces. And if they did get the ball, they wouldn't be able to counter without being immediately called offside.

images

defel

Cech
Mikel-Lampard
Mata
Sturridge-Drogba-Kalou

They may have a few suspensions but thats a pretty good line-up. Essien and Torres on the bench too but I hope he starts

Kyoufu

Cech
Mikel-Lampard
Mata
Sturridge-Drogba-Kalou

I don't see Sturridge starting over Torres after that goal.

Gotta try and capitalise on his confidence rather than benching him and losing any kind of momentum.

Also, Torres scoring a hattrick against a possible Spanish side would be amazing lol.

Top Bottom