• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Yen

Great, and I'm not an opposition fan and thus don't care. Every team loves their cunts, and we love ours. Which is why I never understand why people make such efforts to whine about other teams players when they probably love and defend their own. He's not your player so don't worry about him, and don't worry about the fact that many a Chelsea fan, if not the vast majority, would want to see him in the final.

It's natural to defend your own players but mist people wouldn't defend and feel sorry for a player who deliberately kneed a player in the back, greatly jeopardising his teams chances.

This. Switch JT and Chelsea for any other player who is loved by their club and the reaction would be the same.
So happy with the result TrueBlue, as I'm sure you are.

Gutted for Big Gary Cahill tonight.

It's natural to defend your own players but mist people wouldn't defend and feel sorry for a player who deliberately kneed a player in the back, greatly jeopardising his teams chances.
Well I can choose to get over it now or hold some sort of futile grudge for the foreseeable future. But like I said, let the fans of every other team complain about him. As soon as your local cunt does something don't complain when every other fan get's on their back.

I swear, having a cry about other teams players is just one thing I can't understand or ever remember doing.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Terry done the stupidest fucking thing he's ever done on a football pitch today. But hey, he's missing the final. He's paying for it, and I'm pretty happy about that, so not going to say much about it. If Chelsea had gone out he should have been lynched.

Salvadora

I think Terry done the stupidest fucking thing he's ever done on a football pitch today. But hey, he's missing the final. He's paying for it, and I'm pretty happy about that, so not going to say much about it. If Chelsea had gone out he should have been lynched.

I think Abramovich could have ordered that.

GorillaJu

I wasn't too emotionally swayed one way or the other with this game - I like the spirit Chelsea have showed and who doesn't want the underdogs to win? Also happy for Torres. But to me, Barça are still the best team and deserved to win the CL again this year. I wanted to see them make history, so it really all evens out.

Bayern have a chance to make me really happy though. Real Madrid is the Man Utd of Spain. Please cut them down, Bayern.

TeegsD

I'll admit it, I didn't think Barcelona would go down like that but I'll happily eat my crow. That Torres goal was well worth it.

Kyoufu

This. Switch JT and Chelsea for any other player who is loved by their club and the reaction would be the same.

Guess I'm not as disgusting as others then. If a player from Newcastle was a racist then I'd be fucking furious and want the fucker gone. Let's not even get into the red card today.

TrueBlue

So happy with the result TrueBlue, as I'm sure you are.

Gutted for Big Gary Cahill tonight.

I'm still pinching myself. These nights remind me why I fell in love with Chelsea (and football as a whole). Even if we win nothing this year, I am sp proud of my club. On top of the world.

Also gutted for Gaz, as well as all the suspended players.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/ungracious-catalan-press-call-chelsea-cowardly-vulgar-and-unworth

The Catalan press aren't too pleased with tonight's events and weren't gracious in defeat. We all know Barcelona's qualities but tonight but they couldn't find a way past Chelsea when they really needed to.

Sport.es said:

Unjust, cruel, horrible... Any adjective is not enough to describe the incredible Barca elimination at the hands of Chelsea. Few times a team had all the qualities to move to a Champions League final and also Guardiola. And rarely a rival, with so little, won the prize.

Meow.

That isn't all, there's some more insults for Chelsea:

It is difficult to explain how the club could throw away a tie in which it was infinitely better than its rival. The Chelsea at Camp Nou was like that of the first leg at Stamford Bridge. A team stingy, cowardly, vulgar. Unworthy of a competition as big as this. Their ultra-conservative tactic led them to defend tooth and nail with all players in the area of Cech. It's amazing how, with so little, they were able to score three goals in 180 minutes.

Quite an astonishing attack on the English team who presumably should have played the game Barcelona wanted them to and provided space for Barcelona to enter the area.

Barcelona themselves will be criticised but the attacks on Chelsea by the Barca friendly press are uncalled for and will make Chelsea fans even happier with the victory. The Barca team were far more gracious after the game and congratulated their counterparts.

PoK9q.gif

Guess I'm not as disgusting as others then. If a player from Newcastle was a racist then I'd be fucking furious and want the fucker gone. Let's not even get into the red card today.
And Kyoufu, this is why you're a mug. JT's a racist? Really? and when did the proper authorities come to that conclusion. Oh right, they haven't yet. So why don't you wait for a verdict before typing some shite on your keyboard.

I'm still pinching myself. These nights remind me why I fell in love with Chelsea (and football as a whole). Even if we win nothing this year, I am sp proud of my club. On top of the world.

Also gutted for Gaz, as well as all the suspended players.
If we don't win I'll be disappointed, but so happy we knocked Barcelona out and stopped them winning it two years on the trot.

Kyoufu

And Kyoufu, this is why you're a mug. JT's a racist? Really? and when did the proper authorities come to that conclusion. Oh right, they haven't yet. So why don't you wait for a verdict before typing some shite on your keyboard.

You're right. He said he wasn't a racist just like he was just trying to intercept Sanchez today.

Yup. You're right.

Messi

My opinion of you has changed slightly tonight.

Lunchbox

Banned
A team stingy, cowardly, vulgar. Unworthy of a competition as big as this. Their ultra-conservative tactic led them to defend tooth and nail with all players in the area of Cech. It's amazing how, with so little, they were able to score three goals in 180 minutes.
maybe its cause you are shiiiiiiiiiiite

go back to spain and put 6 pass malaga you fucks

TrueBlue

Good on you then. I never said that defending cunts like JT is the moral or proper thing to do.

However, most fans won't give a shit with a player they adore. Lets not kid ourselves, tne footballers of today aren't exactly tne best role models, but their will always be fans who will defend them. Just the way things are, and that applies to nearly every club.

You're right. He said he wasn't a racist just like he was just trying to intercept Sanchez today.

Yup. You're right.
No no. Let's ignore what he said. He is in trial now. Has a verdict been made? No. So stop talking bollocks.

My opinion of you has changed slightly tonight.
Well Messi that is regrettable. But I don't know what to say. You have a poster who is insistent on calling somebody a cunt, which based on the action of tonight he is more than welcome to do. But to declare the guy a racist when he has not been proved to be one is another thing entirely. If JT is found not guilty, surely that would make the people accusing him in the wrong the cunts? He's entitled to think JT is a racist but that doesn't make him one, nor has he been proved to be so. By all means, if he's proven guilty, call him it all day long.

Lightning

Banned
I can't understand you, Kyle. Terry almost cost his team a place in the CL final and you defend his intergrity? Are you serious? John Terry has no integrity and he proved it once again today. The only reason he is "sorry" is because he got caught. If this clown played for Arsenal I would have wanted his ass gone long time ago and and no way should this idiot be captain...

He's a disgrace....

Wilbur

Banned
I don't get what the big hoo hah is about Terry. Kyle's said he's a cunt and Cyberdyne must have made Terry self aware by now

GorillaJu

It's so easy to say this when it hasn't happened yet. When an incident occurs and everyone wants your man burned at the stake, but the situation is still unclear, then we'll see your attitude.

Remember that allegations and actual occurrences are two different things.

I don't really care about John Terry since I don't really care about what other teams' players outside of the game. I really don't care if he's a dick or not.

What he did to Sanchez was pretty idiotic though. :lol He's paid the price. Lucky for him it didn't add to his tally of CL semi-finals lost by his own fault.

I can't understand you, Kyle. Terry almost cost his team a place in the CL final and you defend his intergrity? Are you serious? John Terry has no integrity and he proved it once again today. The only reason he is "sorry" is because he got caught. If this clown played for Arsenal I would have wanted his ass gone long time ago and and no way should this idiot be captain...

He's a disgrace....
Like I said above you. Call him a cunt all you like, I'll agree with you. But folks need to leave the racist shit out until he's actually proven guilty.

Edit: again, what he's done for the club out ways shit like tonight. If this was somebody on your team I wouldn't give a bollocks if you still liked him. Which is why I can't understand why people are bothered that Chelsea fans still like JT.

Kyoufu

Like I said above you. Call him a cunt all you like, I'll agree with you. But folks need to leave the racist shit out until he's actually proven guilty.

I didn't think anyone could look worse than JT did tonight, but you have somehow managed to do one better.

Well done.

I didn't think anyone could look worse than JT did tonight, but you have somehow managed to do one better.

Well done.
Well then Kyoufu, I very much hope that one day you get pulled up on something by the law and they show you the same judgement you do others. "Did he do it? Did he not? Fuck it, let's not wait and find out, guilty!"

But yeah, I look bad.

I'll redeem myself by defending some racists.
Whoop, there it is. Jesus mate.

Edit: You'd think I was arguing the Klan are a bunch of top blokes.

Wilbur

Banned
Bayern needs to score at least one goal or make it a draw correct?

What happens if Real wins 2-1?

Extra time, maybe penalties.

And yeah Kyoufu, stop. Every team has cunts. Liverpool fans vehemently support Suarez and that's their prerogative. Same here for Kyle. Just leave it be

TrueBlue

This really shouldn't be about JT anyway. His actions, while undeniably stupid, were made irrelevant by the performance of the team. That should be the real talking point. Will things bite us in the arse come Munich? Maybe, but I'm far too euphoric to care at the moment. Gonna find it hard to sleep lol.

Top Bottom