• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
Regardless of who wins this tie, both teams will carry huge amounts of intrigue into the final. Real for obvious reasons, and Bayern because they'll be playing on their home pitch.

I think I'm leaning towards Real simply because of all the drama that will surely surround the build up and fall out no matter the result in Munich.

If we win, it'll be the underdog story and having gone through the two biggest clubs in the game for our first European title.

If we were to lose, it'll be all about Mourinho, and likely, him leaving La Liga for a new challenge.

Lot of Spanish reports and actually straight from Mourinho's mouth that he'll stay on next year

Guys I am at work! I may not talk much, don't miss me.

UsiJl.gif

Zabojnik

The scoreboard at San Siro showed that Cesena scored (technical mistake/trying to motivate them?)

Which kinda explains why Boateng was celebrating lol

Looool. Well, that explains it. I was switching between Juve and Milan after our goal and was totally confused when the crowd went wild at San Siro.

Colocho

Banned
I think Marcelo is much better than Coentrao for this type of match, he is much more likely to go on attack than Fabio and let's face it, he got his ass raped by Ribery and Lahm last game. Just because he neutralized Dani Alves in one match, doesn't inmediately put him above Marcelo who has played very well as of late.

dc89

HAHA!! <3

----

Any of you fellow Twitter goers see this?

nteresting news... <runs to bookies> #afc #mcfc

Mr Van Persie was out of the country last night with his agent and a few 'representatives' arrived back into Heathrow this morning #mcfc

This isn't the first time either that RVP has been in the company of some Manchester City delegates, top City target this summer #mcfc

Not saying anymore, got the same 'abuse' about similar tweets regarding Nasri last summer, don't like us then unfollow, simple really

@Fourth_Official

And finally...

@TheRealFbloke he looks dashing!

ArVsQ7ACAAAdiQ0.jpg

I'll say it now, this is going to be this summers transfer 'saga', wether he moves or not.

Antioch

I think Marcelo is much better than Coentrao for this type of match, he is much more likely to go on attack than Fabio and let's face it, he got his ass raped by Ribery and Lahm last game. Just because he neutralized Dani Alves in one match, doesn't inmediately put him above Marcelo who has played very well as of late.

Let's see how Marcelo handles Robben.

Damn, pretty nervous. Not really getting anything done at work. Will have to go off the internet when the match starts till I get to watch it later. I can't even visit GAF OT. Blablurn (I think) spoiled a match once with his 'Lets all laugh at Real Madrid thread' after getting knocked out by Liverpool.

Also Pepe, don't pull an EBJT!

I spent the entire evening painting our living room and trying to understand what was going on with our match. From what I've seen, it was bad. Really, really bad. Oh well, three points, just because. And from today we've secured our second spot, which is great!
:(

Anyway, I just want to watch Bayern tonight, only team I can support in Europe after Milan and Manchester United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I spent the entire evening painting our living room and trying to understand what was going on with our match. From what I've seen, it was bad. Really, really bad. Oh well, three points, just because. And from today we've secured our second spot, which is great!
:(

Anyway, I just want to watch Bayern tonight, only team I can support in Europe after Milan and Manchester United.

Judging by our performance today, trust me...it's not over yet.

dc89

luv u bby

AHHHH I JUST GOT OFFERED TICKETS TO THE WATCH THE THRONE GIGS AHHHH

WTF! Awesome news.

---

Last bit of City propaganda and then I will shut up.

So good to see Micah Richards back on Twitter, @Micah2Richards

He closed his account due to racial abuse he was getting and his first tweet is:

I'm finally back on here - Just spreading news to all MCFC fans. Let the haters hate. http://pic.twitter.com/YbM33d3p

Massive game in our season monday..I'm sure we can get a result and win the title this year. #MCFC

Can i also just say that City fans are the best in the prem without a doubt...

Look who else joined...

https://twitter.com/#!/RaffaeIlaFico

ArRdZ0cCMAAY7WQ.jpg

Balotelli's GF!!!

This might have been the worst Copenhagen match I have seen in the last five years, holy shit that was terrible. We lost 4-3 but went through anyway (cup game, won the first 1-0 at home). Our manager said it nicely to the players afterwards "you played like shit, but we are in the cup final".

Stadsgaard was a fucking disgrace, think he can just take it on auto pilot after coming home from Malaga and Zanka thinks he is already at PSV, at least he didn't seem to give two fucks about defending. Good thing we got N'Doye. But jebus... Can't get over how bad that was. We are through with 4-3 and yet we, in the stoppage time, let the other team attack us 4 vs 4 and hit the crossbar, it was the most retarded shit I have ever seen, not even me drunk in Fifa defend like that.

Pachimari

Regardless of who wins this tie, both teams will carry huge amounts of intrigue into the final. Real for obvious reasons, and Bayern because they'll be playing on their home pitch.

I think I'm leaning towards Real simply because of all the drama that will surely surround the build up and fall out no matter the result in Munich.

If we win, it'll be the underdog story and having gone through the two biggest clubs in the game for our first European title.

If we were to lose, it'll be all about Mourinho, and likely, him leaving La Liga for a new challenge.
Mourinho won't leave us the next 2 years.

But Di Maria is still there killing all our attacks :mad:
Not this again. =p

Man, tonight and yesterday has got me so gutted about how shit we were in the CL this season. We've done as well anybody over the past few years (apart from Barca of course) so had some great nights, but nothing can beat the tension and excitement before one of these big games, missing it big time.

Hala Madrid!

I will be lying if I said that last night's result hasn't shaken my confidence a bit - after Saturday I was really confident about tonight, but last night shows that anything can happen.

Munich are a good side, and are dangerous.

That said, in Munich Madrid were poor and hardly any players were on form - I really can't see a repeat of that tonight.

I have to believe with all the records Madrid has been setting this season that we are witnessing a changing of the guard, and that means I see Madrid in the final.

C'mon!

Ozil to be man of the match!

Kyoufu

WTF! Awesome news.

---

Last bit of City propaganda and then I will shut up.

So good to see Micah Richards back on Twitter, @Micah2Richards

He closed his account due to racial abuse he was getting and his first tweet is:

Pretty sure Man City doesn't have the best fans in the PL.

Top Bottom