• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

keit4

Banned
This weekend Bayern will play with the B team.

In the other hand, Madrid plays a final against Barça to decide La Liga...

Bayern have this.

Clegg

This was a terrible day for Ronaldo as well. I just hope he can get it all together for saturday because he's going to be a shadow there if he doesn't step up.

Awful game.

Ronaldo is usually a shadow when he plays Barca.

He has never had a great game against them.

This was a terrible day for Ronaldo as well. I just hope he can get it all together for saturday because he's going to be a shadow there if he doesn't step up.

Can't blame Ronaldo or Benzema much, Mourinho had both Khedira and Alonso, and there was not connection between those 2 and Ozil or Di Maria.

I hate Mourinho's insistence on playing 2 defensive midfielder's on every away game, he has a squad that should be dominating, controlling the game, not relinquishing posession and territory, especially when the defense is so ropey.

panty

Can't blame Ronaldo or Benzema much, Mourinho had both Khedira and Alonso, and there was not connection between those 2 and Ozil or Di Maria.

I hate Mourinho's insistence on playing 2 defensive midfielder's on every away game, he has a squad that should be dominating, controlling the game, not relinquishing posession and territory, especially when the defense is so ropey.

I agree but Ronaldo was really silent. How many times did he touch the ball, I bet not that many.

Mou made some crappy decisions today that backfired. Taking Özil off and putting Marcelo on... yeah no.

Pachimari

This weekend Bayern will play with the B team.

In the other hand, Madrid plays a final against Barça to decide La Liga...

Bayern have this.

It doesn't decide anything..

Both teams can choke in the remaining 5 matches. Yea, we got Athletic Bilbao away but I honestly think we can get all the three points there.

But you would still keep the 2 man midfield right? Just swapping one of the defending midfielders for a central midfielder correct?

---

I wouldn't change much for the return leg against Bayern. I would just tell Özil to stick to the middle and swap Coentrao for Marcelo.

Wilbur

Banned
El Clasico is still a must win game for Real though.

Lose that and Madrid are in serious trouble in the league.

I agree but it's not a final. They're capable of winning every other game, I've got a feeling they'll surprise people by winning at San Mames

In today's shocking news, Juventus's out of favour winger and Dutch international Eljero Elia was seen at practice, actually working hard rather than updating his twitter status.

b6433618-62e0-4afa-946c-0b3674e71c87.jpg

*checks his twitter*
Oh wait... nevermind.....
fc226ac288b111e19dc71231380fe523_7.jpg

Fucking guy. On the plus side, he'll probably stick around after we ditch Krasic.

Rad-

Ronaldo is usually a shadow when he plays Barca.

He has never had a great game against them.

None of the Madrid players have a great game against Barca. It's just Ronaldo that always gets the blame because in other matches he carries the team. :p

I agree but Ronaldo was really silent. How many times did he touch the ball, I bet not that many.

Mou made some crappy decisions today that backfired. Taking Özil off and putting Marcelo on... yeah no.

You're looking at it wrong. Coentrao would have been more exposed if Marcelo was not on. Marcelo was doing his job when Coentrao got done. If that hadn't have happened then the game finishes 1-1 and it's a good result, considering how well Bayern Munich played. Individual error let the team down.

bud

that was not a very good game. second half was downright terrible. the first half was quite open and entertaining and was nowhere near as bad as the second half, but it was still rather poor, technically.

FootballFan

Müller is a great actor.

:lol nice one, almost thought you were serious.

Entertaining game(sloppy though), was fun to see Ozil and Ronaldo falling to the ground asking for the ball to be kicked out as soon as the match got to 1-1.

Marcelo challenge could have easily been a red, not going for the ball AT ALL. And right when Bayern is about to counter-attack.

2nd leg should be an entertaining spectacle, but first, bring on Chelsea. :D

Pachimari

I agree, that was a bad substitution.

I blame Mourinho for the loss really.

You're looking at it wrong. Coentrao would have been more exposed if Marcelo was not on. Marcelo was doing his job when Coentrao got done. If that hadn't have happened then the game finishes 1-1 and it's a good result, considering how well Bayern Munich played. Individual error let the team down.
Legit point indeed.

Clegg

None of the Madrid players have a great game against Barca. It's just Ronaldo that always gets the blame because in other matches he carries the team. :p

Marcelo and Pepe have had good games against Barca.

The problem is that they usually get sent off too.

I expect Bayern to score at the Bernabeu. Madrids defence is bad. They'll have to step up and get the tactics right.

Big difference in the way Mourinho will set out the team, he can't get away with the negative approach he did tonight, Madrid will come out to win, and I'm comfortable they will.

Tonight is easily the worst performance I've seen from them this season with the exception of Levante, although I have to give Munich credit for that, but nearly every Madrid player bar Pepe was well off-form tonight - Alonso's distribution wasn't it's usual self, Khedira was mogodon and preditcable, Di Maria was terrible - a passenger, Ronaldo pretty anonymous.

In fact the more I think of how bad they've been I expect a massive improvement on Saturday, it will be demanded.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Except if Barca win they're still a point behind

Could be a blow to their morale. 2 losses in a row will put pressure on them.

we all know how well they cope with pressure.

Tonight is easily the worst performance I've seen from them this season with the exception of Levante, although I have to give Munich credit for that

they've been playing bad for weeks now, that win 1-4 scoreline against Atletico was Ronaldo beasting and Courtois being a shitty gk. They've tied against teams like Malaga, Villarreal and Valencia had to come from behing from a team like Sporting. They are not in-form.

panty

I think the whole "1-1 is enough, now lets defend" thinking was wrong. Mou shouldn't have went that way. Even then he should've put Granero for Khedira. The decision to take Özil off killed the whole midfield/creative thinking Real had.

Wilbur

Banned
Big difference in the way Mourinho will set out the team, he can't get away with the negative approach he did tonight, Madrid will come out to win, and I'm comfortable they will.

Tonight is easily the worst performance I've seen from them this season with the exception of Levante, although I have to give Munich credit for that, but nearly every Madrid player bar Pepe was well off-form tonight - Alonso's distribution wasn't it's usual self, Khedira was mogodon and preditcable, Di Maria was terrible - a passenger, Ronaldo pretty anonymous.

In fact the more I think of how bad they've been I expect a massive improvement on Saturday, it will be demanded.

Yeah got to say Alonso was fucking awful. Absolutely awful.

Pepe though, brilliant.

xbhaskarx

Wait until the imminent bad refereeing decisions in tomorrow's game.

ibhhA0JgJnDWU1.gif

(that GIF goes for Webb too. Show a fucking red card for once, ffs.)

A yellow was fine there. I mean it could have easily been a red but as far as "bad refereeing" is concerned, that is hardly a good example.

I think the whole "1-1 is enough, now lets defend" thinking was wrong. Mou shouldn't have went that way. Even then he should've put Granero for Khedira. The decision to take Özil off killed the whole midfield/creative thinking Real had.

To be fair he only went from leaving 3 up to leaving 2 up. It wasn't that negative. They didn't shut up shop completely. Considering they went a goal down and that Bayern Munich were proving hard to break down at the back, it was the right decision I think.

Top Bottom