• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

panty

untitled-5z9j7r.gif

There, it was a hand ball.

Kyoufu

Didn't he block the viewing angle for Casillas and at the same time stand right there obviously making confusion? Not even sure what the rules are on this but I have seen that judged as offside quite a few times.

Nah, Casillas was being blocked by Pepe. If the guy offside isn't interfering with play then it's fine.

MPW

*Philipp Lahm
He's the best full back out there, but he's getting old sadly.

him and swinetiger (sp) are two players i wish madrid buys in the summer, knowing bayern, they won't sell them

madrid needs to find a good LB and RB in the summer

coentro and arbeloa ain't world class

him and swinetiger (sp) are two players i wish madrid buys in the summer, knowing bayern, they won't sell them

If you ask nicely you can get Bosingwa.

untitled-5z9j7r.gif

There, it was a hand ball.

Pepe certainly wasn't with Casillas here.

Nah, Casillas was being blocked by Pepe. If the guy offside isn't interfering with play then it's fine.

But you are interfering if you are standing like that disturbing Casillas view and jumping over the ball... No?

Kyoufu

But you are interfering if you are standing like that disturbing Casillas view and jumping over the ball... No?

If there is a gif of Casilla's viewing angle then you'll see it was Pepe who blocked the view.

The Bayern player jumped away from the goalkeeper/Pepe so he had nothing to do with anything.

That handball however... well that's a whole 'nother story lol

MPW

it sets up the 2nd leg really well, everything to play for

also, i think higuain will leave in the summer, it is clear mou prefers benz over him

rvp for higuain?

or man city giving us crazy $$$ for higuain, why not

madrid will need to buy a reliable striker to play back up to benz

Noirulus

Uh, that was a pretty clear handball. I was at the bar and saw it in slow motion and HD. I didn't think it should've counted though because it didn't seem intentional.

panty

Go on, I'm still waiting for your "are you seriouz" posts and tell me that wasn't a hand ball.

Probably a visit to an eye doctor wouldn't be a bad idea.

elsk

Banned
Go on, I'm still waiting for your "are you seriouz" posts and tell me that wasn't a hand ball.

Probably a visit to an eye doctor wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like the Marcelo red card and the Coentrao penalty?
If badstuber is a handball then Pepe is a handball too haha

Noirulus

I am serious. the ball deflects from the madrid player and hits badstuber's shoulder immediately afterwards. there was no intention or movement of the arm towards the ball at all.

It wasn't his shoulder, the angle I watched clearly showed it hitting his arm. Agree it wasn't intentional, though.

Kiraly

It deflected off Ramos chest to the Bayern player his shoulder/upper arm.

Some might consider it a hands ball, but he had not even a split second to react and was struck possibly the same as any other player in the box.

Pachimari

Alonso to my mind in front of the defense is as much they need in the way of a defensive midfielder.

I would have had Kaka instead of Khedira, to be honest - Sami does not offer much going forward, and Alonso is so deep, there is little link-play - Ozil could come deeper much deeper.

Khedira is just too slow for me - I prefer Diarra or Granero as a defensive player in any case, but we only need Alonso in that role IMO.

Of course, I'd also play both Benzema and Higuain up front and let Ronaldo roam in behind, so what do I know.

Too defensive for me.
Xabi Alonso is too slow for a single man midfield, especially against quick attacks. You saw it today.

Granero is an Attacking Midfielder, not a defensive one. He is terrible at defending, just look at the free kick he gave Malaga who scored.

Lass makes headless decisions a lot of times even though I love his play style. The thing with Khedira is that he is intelligent, ESPECIALLY off the ball. He is also a true box to box player which we need besides Xabi's spraying of the ball.

Though I got respect for your opinion of a Lass - Xabi partnership. He just makes too many mistakes when he have an off-day.

We don't need a left back when we have the world's best attacking left back in Marcelo and our golden 30 million boy Coentrao. Arbeloa is solid but yea, we need a right back in the summer unless we let Varane get more minutes which he deserves.

panty

Might've hit his chest too but definitely hit his arm, NOT his shoulder. Just zoom the gif if it's too small. He even raises his arms afterwards.

spidye

It wasn't his shoulder, the angle I watched clearly showed it hitting his arm. Agree it wasn't intentional, though.

I zoomed in and it still looks like his shoulder but if you say you saw it in HD then I believe you. like you said, there was no intention

Mou should've watched his Bayern-Dortmund tapes more often, lol
But I guess he can't mold his team to his tactics the way Klopp can. A CR or Di Maria would never work their asses off to help stop Ribery.
At least the wing backs should be good, but Coentrao is such a joke (I noticed that around Oct last year...no idea whom they played), he just kept disappointing and today was like a culmination of pure crap on his part.
Khedira seemed like he ran a marathon in the first half (I tuned in only in the second)
Ronaldo put his head in the sand, like always when his team disappoints.

But whatever, I just hope Dortmund can kick a bit more ass in the CL next season..

Pachimari

it sets up the 2nd leg really well, everything to play for

also, i think higuain will leave in the summer, it is clear mou prefers benz over him

rvp for higuain?

or man city giving us crazy $$$ for higuain, why not

madrid will need to buy a reliable striker to play back up to benz
If Higuain leaves then its because he wants more minutes. Mourinho has said in press conferences that it would be stupid to sell him. Even Butragueno have called him a boy of hours, who has grown up with the madridismo.

Oh, and Highain has a reliable goal tally. At a point in the season he were the one who had scored most goals in less minutes in entire Europe. Now I think he is 3rd or 4th on the top scorer list in Liga BBVA.

We don't need another striker.

Mou should've watched his Bayern-Dortmund tapes more often, lol
But I guess he can't mold his team to his tactics the way Klopp can. A CR or Di Maria would never work their asses off to help stop Ribery.
At least the wing backs should be good, but Coentrao is such a joke (I noticed that around Oct last year...no idea whom they played), he just kept disappointing and today was like a culmination of pure crap on his part.
Khedira seemed like he ran a marathon in the first half (I tuned in only in the second)
Ronaldo put his head in the sand, like always when his team disappoints.

But whatever, I just hope Dortmund can kick a bit more ass in the CL next season..
I'm a little bit disappointed with Di Maria's defensive display today but usually he is the one attacking player of our entire team who works his ass off, defensively too. That's why he gets all those minutes. But again, he just came back from an injury.

Kyoufu

If Higuain leaves then its because he wants more minutes. Mourinho has said in press conferences that it would be stupid to sell him. Even Butragueno have called him a boy of hours, who has grown up with the madridismo.

Higuain is awesome. Has a good goal scoring record and still young. We'll buy him.

Kyoufu! How you feeling about the Stoke game on saturday?

We should win it, if we do we will spend around 45 minutes in 4th :D :D :D If we do the pressure might hit Spurs and QPR might just pull off a result. I think they can do it.

VIVA LA TOON!

Kyoufu

Kyoufu! How you feeling about the Stoke game on saturday?

We should win it, if we do we will spend around 45 minutes in 4th :D :D :D If we do the pressure might hit Spurs and QPR might just pull off a result. I think they can do it.

VIVA LA TOON!

With the way we've been playing we should win. HBA, Ba and Cisse trio is deadly.

I want 3rd. Nothing less.

Kyoufu

Ba shat on Stoke all by himself without Ben Arfa and Cisse. The three of them together now? Stoke have no chance.

Ba is a different player now though. His position now doesn't seem to be a goal scoring one. More like a provider of sorts. I didn't realise a striker could end up not scoring due his position. lol

Hixx

Nice to see Reading back in the PL. Southampton to take the other spot and Blackpool to win the play offs would be ideal.

Ba shat on Stoke all by himself without Ben Arfa and Cisse. The three of them together now? Stoke have no chance.

Ba is a different player now though. His position now doesn't seem to be a goal scoring one. More like a provider of sorts. I didn't realise a striker could end up not scoring due his position. lol

He's due goals. They will come against Stoke. We gotta get that goal difference up, could be crucial!

Top Bottom