• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

But you would still keep the 2 man midfield right? Just swapping one of the defending midfielders for a central midfielder correct?

Alonso to my mind in front of the defense is as much they need in the way of a defensive midfielder.

I would have had Kaka instead of Khedira, to be honest - Sami does not offer much going forward, and Alonso is so deep, there is little link-play - Ozil could come deeper much deeper.

Khedira is just too slow for me - I prefer Diarra or Granero as a defensive player in any case, but we only need Alonso in that role IMO.

Of course, I'd also play both Benzema and Higuain up front and let Ronaldo roam in behind, so what do I know.

Too defensive for me.

Gomez10.gif

Gomez2.gif

mourinho.GIF

To add to that I accept that Real Madrid were better, and looked the better side, when they had Ozil, Benzema, Ronaldo and often Di Maria up against the Bayern Munich back four. You can say they should have kept playing that way, but it's very risky to maintain that strategy at 1-1 and Mourinho isn't the type of manager to do that anyway. I think you have to accept that with the way they set up Real Madrid were unlucky to lose today.

Blablurn

i saw a lot of fair madrid fans before, during and after the game and i loved it. but i also saw some who were talking about madrid crushing us, winning 8:0 or something like that. fuck you.

besides that, i'm just happy right now. great teamwork, great fighting and wow, what a great performance by our defense.

we're not throught yet, it will be tough. but i'm sure its an advantage for us that we can rest a little, and madrid needs to play against barca. they seemed pretty tired at the end of the match.

oh and...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

Wilbur

Banned
i saw a lot of fair madrid fans before, during and after the game and i loved it. but i also saw some who were talking about madrid crushing us, winning 8:0 or something like that. fuck you.

besides that, i'm just happy right now. great teamwork, great fighting and wow, what a great performance by our defense.

we're not throught yet, it will be tough. but i'm sure its an advantage for us that we can rest a little, and madrid needs to play against barca. they seemed pretty tired at the end of the match.

oh and...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

The 8-0 comment was clearly tongue in cheek

Fry

Alaba and Gustavo were goddamn amazing. Keep in mind they played their asses off being one yellow card away from being suspended.

bud

A yellow was fine there. I mean it could have easily been a red but as far as "bad refereeing" is concerned, that is hardly a good example.

a yellow was not fine there.

muller had already played the ball. marcelo wanted to hurt him. that's a clear red card and a suspension for several matches.

ramos and coentrao also got off easy.

rififi

Here it is. Real Madrid's typical bullshit thuggery when they're getting their asses kicked.

In all fairness, Marcelo is the only one who does tackles for the sole purpose of hurting the other player with no intention of a play advantage. Pepe and Ramos, while they do act erratically out of frustration, mainly just make poor decisions and late tackles out of frustration (I'm not condoning their actions, but Marcelo is a different story - his tackles are just him being an asshole).

Although Madrid lost, they still got an away goal, so I'm not too upset (I'm just a bit irritated by the way they played after Ozil came off).

bud

Alaba and Gustavo were goddamn amazing. Keep in mind they played their asses off being one yellow card away from being suspended.

alaba was having a great but gustavo, save for a few great interceptions, was mostly slowing their game down.

schweinsteiger was even worse. perhaps even the worst player on the pitch.

Just saw Jose's interview, seems pretty ok with the result

'Will be a very different atmosphere at home, let's go for it'

Of course, a bad result on Saturday may affect the 2nd game, but equally, a repeat of the excellent 2-2 draw the last time we were at Camp Nou would be a huge lift to the team.

Bayern deffo deserved the advantage, let's see how things go next Wednesday.

elsk

Banned
Good result. The team really deserved the win, I was scared about Schweini getting sub out, but Kroos did a fine job as CM! We should've been awarded a penalty... Coentrao foul was awful.

Real Madrid is playing against Barcelona in the weekend, and we are going to play a B team against Bremen. If Barcelona do they work and trash Real Madrid, we could win in the Bernabeu.

btw, I don't get the Xabi hype. I see nothing special there.

Wilbur

Banned
if yes, i'm sorry. but for me it sounded serious.

yeah, big respect to those guys. i hope they can maintain that form for the next game.

No one believed Madrid were going to win 8-0 haha! I thought elsk was being mental saying 3-0, so for someone to say 8-0 would mean they're deluded

Good result. The team really deserved the win, I was scared about Schweini getting sub out, but Kroos did a fine job as CM! We should've been awarded a penalty... Coentrao foul was awful.

Real Madrid is playing against Barcelona in the weekend, and we are going to play a B team against Bremen. If Barcelona do they work and trash Real Madrid, we could win in the Bernabeu.

When was the Coentrao foul?

And Xabi's had a poor season by his standards.

Clegg

Xabi Alonso is one of the best holding midfielders in football.

He has struggled a bit this season but he is still a classy player.

Nemic77

Always had high hopes for Alaba, but never really expect to see him mature so quickly and grab a place in the starting eleven, especially at LB.

Amazing. Reminds me of Lizarazu, one of my favourite players ever.

santouras

There should be a gif of Gomez' celebration with a "fabulous" as his arm sweeps around

also Marcelo should have seen red and Ribery should have seen a few yellows for some terrible diving.

Happy to see Bayern get the win, they are the only team that can stop Barca

spidye

I couldn't believe my eyes when alaba singlehandedly stopped ronaldo. wow. what a progress.
alaba is going to be really huge.

and wow badstuber. I always believed in him but today he was something else. van gaal redeemed.

elsk

Banned
not a bad result, as long as madrid wins 1-0 or 3-1 at home, it is all good

1-0 is almost impossible.

el RMA ha recibido goles en 20 de los 26 partidos que ha jugado en el Bernabéu esta temporada.

RMA have conceded goals in 20 of the 26 games they have played at the Bernabeu this season.

elsk

Banned
I couldn't believe my eyes when alaba singlehandedly stopped ronaldo. wow. what a progress.
alaba is going to be really huge.

and wow badstuber. I always believed in him but today he was something else. van gaal redeemed.

All the van Gaal kids are awesome, really. Sooner or later they have showed why he believed in them.

Alaba is going to be "the next Lahm". Thank God, we finally found a replacement for Sagnol!

edit: Zidane was in the stadium!

MPW

1-0 is almost impossible.

RMA have conceded goals in 20 of the 26 games they have played at the Bernabeu this season.

3-1 it is

a red card to a bayern player would be great! just like bayern vs man utd not too long ago

spidye

Mario Gomez is awful.

Gomez been watching welbeck?

This Gomez fella is shite

does he ever score

Flashes of Amauri watching Gomez.
lol

Fuck u gomez
Et tu, Brute? :eek:

All the van Gaal kids are awesome, really. Sooner or later they have showed why he believed in them.

Alaba is going to be "the next Lahm". Thank God, we finally found a replacement for Sagnol!

edit: Zidane was in the stadium!
I always believed in badstuber but the progress he made in this season has been enormous.

In FM wonderkids we trust.
FM never let me down. EVER.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Philipe Lahm is class, he gets looked over because of bundesliga but he is one of the best fullbacks in the world. top 3 IMO.

Top Bottom