• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Wilbur

Banned
Off to Sutton United to see my local teams last game of the season :) they won last week to confirm us staying in the conference south for another season! On the coach at the moment and there is a party atmosphere :)

Enjoy! I was going to go today but can't make it. Sutton are guaranteed a play off place so should be like a friendly haha

Yeah we've shifted our horrendous official merc over to Kitbag and somebody high up in SAFC or Kitbag, I can't remember, has ties with adidas so we've switched. Tbh this season's home kit is the only decent one we've had. Last years away kit was really, really nice as well, to be fair.

Umbro have been a pretty shit supplier anyway, our official club shops ran out of the away kit this season after a week and haven't been restocked cos they stopped printing them before the season even started! Have had to buy them from 3rd parties which is ridiculous.
Ugh, I hate kitbag. They run the official Chelsea online store. Robbing bastards too.

Kyoufu

Random gif time.

i4u2fFvQ7gnKU.gif

faridmon

The Everton kit has been leaked and is very, very nice.

iBU9exIiriJtl.jpg

That looks Better than expected, but last seasons one (the one which I have) is much nicer. Can't take photo of it, since I am not at home, but the stitching is done exceptionally well.

Leon Osman is going to make his 300th appearance today and this is him making the debut:

558732_10150688530956277_56909226276_9621842_1281555397_n.jpg

a very underrated player.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale uncertain over Spurs future

After spending much of the season in contention for the Premier League title, Spurs have fallen to fifth after winning just three of 14 games.

Tottenham need to finish in the top four to have a chance of qualifying.

The left-sided midfielder told BBC's Football Focus: "If we don't [qualify for the Champions League], I have to discuss what's best for myself."

:lol

Did he forget what happened when Modric tried this?

Ah well, always knew it'd be a very slim chance of Coventry beating Southampton. I fucking hate the play-off's, losing to Palace in the 2004 final was heart breaking.

dc89

Did you guys see on BBC Transfer Gossip thing that Dirk Kuyt fancies a move away from Liverpool. Apparently a foreign club can trigger a release clause I his contract for a cool £1,000,000

Bumhead

Banned
Ah well, always knew it'd be a very slim chance of Coventry beating Southampton. I fucking hate the play-off's, losing to Palace in the 2004 final was heart breaking.

Might be an omen coming up, actually. In 2005 the play-off finalists that year were West Ham, Sheffield Wednesday and Southend United. All 3 of those sides are currently in play-off spot's in their respective divisions again this year, in the same league's as in 2005.

We are still fighting for second so I hope we buck the trend but.. yeah. If the omen comes full circle, don't worry, we are both going up.. ;)

Did you guys see on BBC Transfer Gossip thing that Dirk Kuyt fancies a move away from Liverpool. Apparently a foreign club can trigger a release clause I his contract for a cool £1,000,000

Didn't see that. But Hamburg seems to want him pretty bad. They were talking how awesome he is last week.

Salazar

But you probably have to pay him wages he is no longer really worth.

Omikron

Lol I know this post is in jest but there is a feeling that a lot of west ham fans think like that

The west ham way etc

Yeah, total myth. The fans really want their sides to play the 'right' way, just rarely happens. Last time I remember WH playing decent football was under Pardew, played some really nice stuff then.

Pity he had to bone a players wife.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:0

Say I'd Spurs miss out on fourth. Surely it would be too audacious to offer Adebayor and £25M for Bale.

The chairman will never sell Bale to you and it would take a truly absurd fee for him to sell to anyone else, just like Modric.

ShogunX

Bale uncertain over Spurs future[/URL]

What a crock of shit. A 22 year old lad who is unsure about his future because Spurs might fail to qualify for a competition they have no chance of winning. This Champions League or bust hype really has to stop and what makes it worse is seeing how differently the likes of Bilbao have treated the Europa league as opposed to the mighty Spurs who went out early because top four was their main priority.

Kyoufu

I hate that it's so contrived these days

If your team scores a last minute winner to pull off the impossible then ok but now it's just limp most of the time

You'll invade your pitch this time next year :p

What a crock of shit. A 22 year old lad who is unsure about his future because Spurs might fail to qualify for a competition they have no chance of winning. This Champions League or bust hype really has to stop and what makes it worse is seeing how differently the likes of Bilbao have treated the Europa league as opposed to the mighty Spurs who went out early because top four was their main priority.

Blame UEFA for the high amount of CL money compared to the pennies of Europa money. Clubs want that cash.

The chairman will never sell Bale to you and it would take a truly absurd fee for him to sell to anyone else, just like Modric.
That's not always the best way to go about things though.

Bale should have kept his mouth shut and done his damn best over the next 2 weeks to get Spurs that 4th spot. No idea why he's come out with that right now, poor and misguided.

Top Bottom