• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Zabojnik

Obligatory.

l.jpg

Good effort from our guys today, but it has to be said. Both Novara and especially Siena are already thinking about beach football ...

We need to win two more after this. If you fuck up, We can relax for an extra game. It isn't as I'd you'd be out of champions or anything. And it'd be nice, actually, to get Inter in Champions rather than a team like Udinese, frankly.

Zabojnik

We need to win two more after this. If you fuck up, We can relax for an extra game. It isn't as I'd you'd be out of champions or anything. And it'd be nice, actually, to get Inter in Champions rather than a team like Udinese, frankly.

My thoughts exactly. Although I'm not sure Inter will have a better squad than Udinese, Lazio or Napoli next year ...

EDIT: Inter scores!!! All according to keikaku.

Guys, Elia was tracking back. Has Conte finally broke him? Maybe we'll do something crazy and keep him?

Eliaaaaa almost omg imagine if he scores.

Zab, think they'll be fine. They just need to give a coach a chance to y the players that fit his system. And with Sneijder back to form, yeah they'll be better than Udinese. Only so long they can ride on Di Natale's coattails.

I prefer to see Napoli in CL, Inter need to be rebuilt from scratch. It would be another season like this one: I'd be happy with that, but if we need to have a "strong" team in Europe I'd go with Napoli.

GorillaJu

Commentator: "Who could you get to replace Pirlo? You'd have to get Paul Scholes. No one can really sit and do that job."

I present you: Charlie Adam of Liverpool Football Club

Charlie-Adam-of-LIverpool-007.jpg

defel

Thanks for the gifs Kyle. I rely on this place to see all the goals.
Really happy for Torres, no one wants to see world class players under-performing. I hope he can do enough to earn a spot in the CL final starting line-up and Id like to see Drogba start too since he definitely deserves it.

Thanks for the gifs Kyle. I rely on this place to see all the goals.
Really happy for Torres, no one wants to see world class players under-performing. I hope he can do enough to earn a spot in the CL final starting line-up and Id like to see Drogba start too since he definitely deserves it.
No problem.

rififi

I wake up to see a Torres hat-trick, did he just double his record at Chelsea in one game?

Hopefully his form will stick.

Edit: completely forgot the Madrid game was this early, relieved to see they won - would have thought they would still be exhausted and possibly with low morale after Wednesday. Fortunately that wasn't the case, especially since they have Athletic on Wednesday. If Madrid win (assuming Barca win today and Wednesday as well) at San Mames, they clinch the title - should be an interesting situation for Madrid to celebrate their title in Bilbao.

True, but Napoli has proven they can't compete on multiple fronts. And given rumors of selling two of their front here, they look to be almost in selling mode.
Yeah, it's kind of depressing. I just want Italian teams to step up to Europe and improve each year. I guess they could start by actually giving a shit about the Europa League...

Siena have pulled a goal back. Fingers crossed something silly happens in the dying minutes.

Top Bottom