• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

It is in Serie A at least. If Juve and Milan finish with the same amount of points, obvisouly you'll look at how they played with each other to determine which is the better team. Makes perfect sense to me.

But then you could argue that goal difference is a more overall look at the performance over a season, not just a game here or there.

Anyway, United played horribly tonight - ridiculously sloppy, couldn't counter and gave the ball away way too easily.

Mancini said the sideline stuff was just heat of the moment, nothing more.

Thanks...that was hilarious during the match.

Again I have to ask what was the point of playing Park and Giggs?

Both have been brilliant servants of United but they are clearly over the hill. Giggs only looks good when he comes on with 20 minutes to go and Park doesn't have the same zip that he used to.

I hope that these Kagawa rumours are true because we need something different.
It's weird to me about Park because he was so clutch last season...Arsenal games come to mind. But Giggs over Valencia today I will never get.

kharma45

Again I have to ask what was the point of playing Park and Giggs?

Both have been brilliant servants of United but they are clearly over the hill. Giggs only looks good when he comes on with 20 minutes to go and Park doesn't have the same zip that he used to.

I hope that these Kagawa rumours are true because we need something different.

Baffled me that they both started, and again that Scholes came off and Giggs stayed on.

dc89

Post it! Blur out your dad's face if you're nervous about that sort of thing or whatever.

*currently listening to The Masterplan album due to earlier post*

Haha! I currently only iPad and I don't have an app for that! If I do it in the morning I'll PM you the post!

Kyoufu

The most epic result we could hope for on Sunday would be:

4 City goals in the first half. Then 5 Toon goals in the 2nd half. The universe would collapse.

elsk

Banned
I have a question. Is Manchester United wasting their transfer money in overpriced english players like Liverpool, or the 'new' owners aren't giving money for transfers?

Salvadora

I have a question. Is Manchester United wasting their transfer money in overpriced english players like Liverpool, or the 'new' owners aren't giving money for transfers?

Didn't they spend like 60m on De G, Jones & Young last summer? Thats no Arsenal.

K1LLER7

Bit of both, and buying players in positions which don't really need improving. Our midfields been poor for the past 3/4 seasons and we haven't fixed that yet. Don't think money is a big problem, it's just Fergie doesn't want to spend big on a player, last time we did was buying berba for £30m

I think it's funny to suggest that a lot of United's injuries were out of their hands. Looking at their injury list it's almost Spurs-tier.

And if your team has a lot of injuries maybe you should, you know, actually use the January transfer window as something other than a chance to talk shite all month.

Meier

One other item of note, during the telecast, Ian Darke mentioned that ManU hadn't lost a Monday game since 1998 (I believe that was the figure). Pretty amazing run even if they are fairly rare.

doicare

It's getting boring now dude, United have steam rolled teams with big players missing. They just didn't turn up tonight, or not enough of them did.
Sure United did well in some games when they were missing a significant amount of players, but just because sometimes they manage to get the job done doesn't mean you can hold it against them for every other game they dropped points due to missing half there first choice team.

ElyrionX

If there's anything to be learnt from this season, it's that we either need to give our youngsters a major shot at first team action by getting rid of the older players (just like when we sold Ince, Hughes and Kanchelski) or we need to seriously bolster our midfield with new signings.

As if being humiliated by Barca two seasons in a row isn't a strong enough sign.

Messi

Ah I see we got our customary Doicare appearance post game.

ow_giggle.gif

My facebook exploded with people saying united were robbed by the ref.

Bo-Locks

When the Glazers bought out United, they piled on £600m n debt. I think that the debt currently stands at about £400m. The Glazers have been generally good owners in terms of not interfering with the inner-workings of the club, but the massive annual interest payments have no doubt hurt the club. They seem to be giving Fergie just enough money to get by each season, with a marquee signing every few years or so.

Even if the debt wasn't there, Fergie wouldn't be going out and spending hundreds of millions like Real Madrid, City, Dalglish etc. It's just not in the DNA of the club and there's no point trying to compete with Chelsea and City. United really have been hamstrung for the last few years because of the debt , but as the debt is reduced and the repayments are reduced, the financial situation should improve a lot,

Fuck leveraged buyouts and fuck the PL, FA, FIFA and UEFA for even letting that shit happen.

doicare

I think it's funny to suggest that a lot of United's injuries were out of their hands. Looking at their injury list it's almost Spurs-tier.

And if your team has a lot of injuries maybe you should, you know, actually use the January transfer window as something other than a chance to talk shite all month.
So spend over the odds in January trying to get world class players (good luck with that) only to then end up with a squad that's way to big in the summer when the other players come back from injury and then they'd have to sell off a whole bunch of players to compensate, good plan :)

Meier

Specifically they were robbed as Kompany should have been sent off and Hart was faking an injury at the end to time waste.

Kompany sent off? The yellow card was bullshit as is. Hart's potential "time wasting" at the end was absolutely inconsequential anyway. The match was over once he was fouled at all since he was going to get to kick it downfield anyway and United wouldn't have had an opportunity to mount another attack -- the time just ran past 5 minutes instead of ending there.

Educate your friends!

Top Bottom