• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT9| Dedicated to Morosini & others who didn't make it. RIP.

Noirulus

Oh man I miss our old players. Raul, Hierro, Salgado, Redondo, Helguera, Guti, Morientes.

5E8aG.gif

They defined Madridismo. I can't criticize Mourinho's tactics that solely focus on the result, but I wish we didn't play so defensively against Barcelona.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tikka Masala probably. Mum's getting a Korma and the step dad's having some sort of Rogan dish. We'll probably share most of it. Of course there's popadoms and that too, and naans. It's a send off before I head back to Uni tomorrow, and it's my 20th birthday on Monday.
Just in case: HAPPY
Monday
BIRTHDAY ARNIE!

I know you're gonna watch the match, something I added in a stealth edit.

But seriously, this ain't the spirit of the madridismo, having no faith in beating Barca of all teams.. =/

HALA MADRID!

Have it been mentioned yet?
Casillas - Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrão - Alonso, Khedira - Di María, Özil, Ronaldo - Benzema.

Spirit must be supported by facts.

And the fact is that Coentrao has played in our five loses this season.

Friedel is having a mare. Cost us the goal and is giving everybody the jitters. Bale is taking the piss and farying around doing nothing.

Bale is so overhyped, man. Has 1 good game every 8 weeks and everything is blown out of proportion. One of the best running with the ball, no doubt about it, that's why you stick him on the flanks.

Why is he being allowed to wander around the field? Stay on the flank and use that pace.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Well I'm heading out to buy some beer and food for El Clásico.

Congrats to Dortmund on winning back-to-back Bundesliga titles assuming the result holds.

Wes

venison crêpe
If it stays like this and Bolton beat Villa in the rescheduled match:
Code:
15 	Aston Villa 	35 	-14 	36
16 	QPR 	        35 	-18 	34
17 	Wigan 	        35 	-26 	34
----------------------------------------------------
18 	Bolton 	        34 	-28 	33
19 	Blackburn 	35 	-26 	31

I know you're gonna watch the match, something I added in a stealth edit.

But seriously, this ain't the spirit of the madridismo, having no faith in beating Barca of all teams.. =/

HALA MADRID!

Have it been mentioned yet?
Casillas - Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrão - Alonso, Khedira - Di María, Özil, Ronaldo - Benzema.

It is the spirit of the madridista to complain about a speck of dust when staring at a pile of gold, so it sounds about right to me :p

Ill take a shower and then grab some booze in time.

Dunno if I will post during or after the match.

Good luck to everyone, but better to us.

I expect massive meltdowns, so dont fail me GAF.

Salvadora

If it stays like this and Bolton beat Villa in the rescheduled match:
Code:
15 	Aston Villa 	35 	-14 	36
16 	QPR 	        35 	-18 	34
17 	Wigan 	        35 	-26 	34
----------------------------------------------------
18 	Bolton 	        34 	-28 	33
19 	Blackburn 	35 	-26 	31

Villa's drop has been astounding.

dc89

Rafa is too good a manager to be sat doing Sky punditry. Someone needs to give him a job.

---

Fady will be there now!

T-minus 30 minutes and counting till the biannual Footy-Gaf total meltdown

Good luck to all involved and hopefully will get good football without all of the extracurriculars
won't happen but one can dream, right?

Nobody get banned on account of this match,ok?

Hala Madrid!

Hopefully Coentrao and Di Maria will replay Mourinho's faith in sticking with them after Munich.

In this particular game I do think Marcelo is too much of a worry for being sent off, his temperament is poor against Barca especially.

Need big, BIG performances from Ozil, Khedira & Di Maria especially.

I think this game will come down to who will take their chances, I expect Barca to get more chances, but I hope that Madrid are more clinical.

Barca's back line is suspect and this front-line should show that tonight.

I'm predicting 3-2 to Madrid :D

Pachimari

Hala Madrid!

Hopefully Coentrao and Di Maria will replay Mourinho's faith in sticking with them after Munich.

In this particular game I do think Marcelo is too much of a worry for being sent off, his temperament is poor against Barca especially.

Need big, BIG performances from Ozil, Khedira & Di Maria especially.

I think this game will come down to who will take their chances, I expect Barca to get more chances, but I hope that Madrid are more clinical.

Barca's back line is suspect and this front-line should show that tonight.

I'm predicting 3-2 to Madrid :D
We need a big game by Benzema first and foremost. Hala Madrid!

Marcelo will play against Bayern and we'll need him to be in top shape in that match.

Seeing how Bayern reserved 8 players Madrid should have done the same, since we're gonna lose anyway but we'll be 1 point ahead.

That's what madridismo is about! :)

The important match is Athletic Bilbao guys.

Have to disagree there, nothing would be more 'madridismo' than to wrap up the league at the Camp Nou, creating a massive psychological advantage for the Champions League final.

Bilbao does not need to be an important match, Madrid should have won the last time at Camp Nou!

Of course, circumstances are different now in terms of form, but I still believe we can win this game.

Top Bottom