• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashes

Banned
I wasnt suggesting you were being racist at all. I'm one of the least sensitive people to "racism" that I know!

I get that Park was a strange buy. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so inflammatory in my post. It's more a reaction to the general repeated occurrence.

I chuckled when I remembered you were a Liverpool fan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Damiao. I know it, you know it, everybody knows it. :/

I just read an amazing interview with Iaquinta.

Q: What's your biggest regret?
A: The many injuries in the past year and a half. There's nothing you can do about that.

Q: What's the meanest thing they say about you, something you really can't stand.
A: When they say I'm always injured.

YOU. FUCKING. ARE. Even you said so. In the same interview. God, we have him under contract for another year. It's gonna be another Amauri, isn't it?

Iaquinta: Why Always Injured?

Poor guy (not literally, rich fucker), he did say he doesn't want to be the next Amauri too. Well, Iaquinta.. leave and don't milk your contract then.

I watched Damiao a handful of times and mostly in friendlies. Not really impressed.

Arnie

Why not? I wasn't implying it but do you really think he's not good enough for you? Not what you need?

Why not exactly? You have Downing and Henderson playing out wide right now.

Yes, I don't rate him as highly as some of you do, and I don't think we should inundate the club with scoured talent from struggling clubs. Sure, we have Downing and Henderson out wide currently, which as you're implying isn't ideal, so I don't want to fill up the squad with even more average wide men, in my opinion.

Ushojax, you seem to be assuming, incorrectly, that I don't want to buy wide players; I do. I just don't want Victor Moses.

Why not exactly? You have Downing and Henderson playing out wide right now.

They do have them, but they are both international players for the English team!!! ;-) :p

Nudge-nudge-eric-idle-14590613-500-396.jpg

Regarding the Arsenal chat earlier, I am happy to let Van Persie leave if the price was £30m or more like the papers/Twitter ITKs are suggesting. (not saying I believe them though! :lol) anything less would be fucking stupid and it can't happen again after the Fabregas saga, can it :(

Anyway if VP leaves the first team should be:

Chesney

Sagna/new RB
Koscienly
Vermarlen/new CB
Gibbs/Santos/new LB (Baines?)

M'Vila/Song
Sexy Man-God/Ramsey

Chamberlain/Walcott/Ryo
Wilshere
Gervinho/Podolski

Grioud (is it confirmed we definitely got him?)

that is the makings of a very good team, attacking wise. Defensively, it's not good enough for me yet. So that's why I put the new CB, RB and Lb there.

bjaelke

Regarding the Arsenal chat earlier, I am happy to let Van Persie leave if the price was £30m or more like the papers/Twitter ITKs are suggesting. (not saying I believe them though! :lol) anything less would be fucking stupid and it can't happen again after the Fabregas saga, can it :(

With his performance at the EC I'd be surprised if he went for over £15m. Bendtner on the other hand...

Zabojnik

Still can't believe we're going to pay Parma 12,5M€ for the half of Giovinco we don't own. He was our player for Christ's sake. That's some Inter level mercato genius. Although Parma did pay us 4,5M€ for half, so that makes it 8M€. And I'm sure we could sell him for about 10-15M€ next year, if things don't turn out the way we hope. Still ... this is so stupid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabojnik said:
Still can't believe we're going to pay Parma 12,5M€ for the half of Giovinco we don't own. He was our player for Christ's sake. That's some Inter level mercato genious.
12.5+40= 50.5M.

70-50.5M= 19.5M. Who's worth 19.5M again? Simone Pepe?

Still a couple of years to go by before we can start to feel sympathy for Juve again.

Pogba is staying with United. Book this post!

Linius

With his performance at the EC I'd be surprised if he went for over £15m. Bendtner on the other hand...
I don't think you can compare RvP playing for the national squad and RvP playing for Arsenal. In London everything is about RvP and he's the undoubted star of the squad. At the Dutch national squad we play much different from Arsenal with too much players with each their own ego's. When RvP returnes to Arsenal for next season I bet he will be his own self again.

Maxi Lopez: "Milan have to sell before they buy someone. And if I have to wait, then I’ll wait until the end."

Maxi <3
We probably won't buy him :( shocking, isn't it?

Wilbur

Banned
Don't really care if Pogba stays, he's dicked us around.

If Arsenal get Giroud, RvP should go. Don't see how they can accommodate everyone.

Liverpool fans not wanting Moses are silly. Look what Rodgers has done with Sinclair and Dyer. Moses is a real potential talent

Hixx

Been watching some videos of our 2010/11 season. If only we'd had a competent manager with that squad :(

Bent, Gyan, Welbeck, Malbranque, Henderson, Cattermole, Muntari, Zenden, Sessegnon, Mensah... If we'd kept that midfield and strikers and added O'Shea and Brown we really could have kicked on :( Mental thing is only Henderson made more than 30 league apps that season too.

Our squad for the season just gone was so vastly inferior. Suppose looking back 13th wasn't too bad a finish with the dross of a midfield/forward line Bruce left us with.

Also Sess to Spurs. Don't think he'll go to Spurs but he'll defo leave. For all O'Neill's shouting about wanting to keep him, it's clear as day he wants to play 4-4-2 and Sess just doesn't fit into a 4-4-2.

dc89

Don't really care if Pogba stays, he's dicked us around.

If Arsenal get Giroud, RvP should go. Don't see how they can accommodate everyone.

Liverpool fans not wanting Moses are silly. Look what Rodgers has done with Sinclair and Dyer. Moses is a real potential talent

Bit of a headless chicken, but I'd take him. Assuming it's about £7m or less.

Did Liverpool fans want Downing?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7825145/Garcia-reveals-Newcastle-bid

We've bid 4m for Debuchy but Lille have turned it out as they think it's too low. They seemingly want 6m which - IMO - we should give them. He's been excellent in the Euro's and unless we snatch him soon, more teams will get in on the bids. We need to secure him ASAP.

He's been very impressive so far. He hasn't had to do too much defending, but his forward runs have been very good. I think he would suit the PL.

bjaelke

Still, they seem to be happy if they received 6m which is equally cheap arse. Then again, it is the French league where talent goes for cheap a lot of the time (see Giroud).

I'd imagine we'll get him. Just not for the price we wanted haha.

I'm just glad we're spending money (provided we get De Jong and Debuchy) :D If we can hold on the our squad as it is (maybe let Ba go) I'll be very very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom