• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should honestly be starting some of the younger strikers in preparation for 2016.

There's only one solution

Itdab.jpg

Seriously though, it's hard to see any strikers with potential for the national team at the moment. Don't have much faith in Helenius or Makienok but I guess it's worth trying... Only having Bendtner is certainly not a good situation either, haha

Linius

P8mu0.jpg

Tough he's not an attacker, I can see him being very usefull for the Danish squad in the future. Fischer played very well last year despite some injuries he suffered. Was very important for the Ajax youth squad in the NextGen series. Managed to score two goals against Barcelona and a hat-trick against Liverpool. Impressive numbers for a attacking midfielder.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
photo_1339210719650-1-0.jpg

Sara Errani: "I really like football. I detest Inter, though."

"Favorite player? Matri of Juve. In the Nazionale? Giovinco & Marchisio. I like the good guys."

"I've always liked Juventus & Milan but never had a favorite team. I hate Inter, that's for sure."

photo_1339210719650-1-0.jpg

Sara Errani: "I really like football. I detest Inter, though."

"Favorite player? Matri of Juve. In the Nazionale? Giovinco & Marchisio. I like the good guys."

"I've always liked Juventus & Milan but never had a favorite team. I hate Inter, that's for sure."
She could be a gaffer, we could get along very well.

Yen

Wow, just caught up on the Rangers drama. Crazy to see a club with so much history disappearing before out very eyes.

They should have all the titles and cups they won while this was going on stripped off them and handed to the second placed team/runners up.

They should have all the titles and cups they won while this was going on stripped off them and handed to the second placed team/runners up.

What do they call it in Scotland, a bescut?

Also, Soccer Triads be damned - I bought a real one..

IMG_0428.jpg

It turns out, I'm a sucker for QR codes on clothing.

IMG_0429.jpg

Yen

I don't understand how QR codes work, or what they even do? Do you get a reward? Because you could just scan all the shirts on the shelves.

Edit: There shouldn't be a question mark in my first sentence, but I will leave it there anyway?

I don't understand how QR codes work, or what they even do? Do you get a reward? Because you could just scan all the shirts on the shelves.

Edit: There shouldn't be a question mark in my first sentence, but I will leave it there anyway?

Only if you're an evil man!

It's just some low quality video with Chiellini and Buffon. The novelty value is certainly there.

It's why Keith Andrews got sent off last night.

QR codes serve the same purposes as UPCs do. It's just the evolution of that logistical matter. That QR code probably serves as an authenticator where you can verify if the shirt is a real one or not. It also probably would direct you to puma.com/football if you were to scan that with your phone.

Linius

I once saw a small plane flying over with a QR code waving behind it. How am I supposed to even scan that? :p

But yeah, it's prolly the novelty of it, looks hip.

EDIT

The plane was just like the one on this picture.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sky is saying we bought back Giovinco's remaining half for €11 mill cash. It's stupid, but seems like a fair price for developing him for two years (In other words a €7m investment).

Welcome back Gio
you whiny bitch

giovinco.jpg

MarshMellow96 said:
It's just some low quality video
with Chiellini and Buffon

!

Arnie

I once saw a small plane flying over with a QR code waving behind it. How am I supposed to even scan that? :p

But yeah, it's prolly the novelty of it, looks hip.

EDIT

The plane was just like the one on this picture.
The pilot was Wilbury and the QR code took you to meat spin.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
UEFA fine Croatian Football Federation £65,000 for racist chanting & improper conduct by fans at Euro 2012 #SSN

It's almost the same as Bendtner/Paddy Power was fined for their little stunt.
The Euros thread has turned into a cesspool.

It's quite possible the first time ever that I've seen opinions (covered up as facts) being wrong. The EUROs really bring out the worst fans.

Linius

It's quite possible the first time ever that I've seen opinions (covered up as facts) being wrong. The EUROs really bring out the worst fans.

Is this the first time that Gaf has a big football topic like the EURO's? It sure has lots reactions anyways.

Linius

I noticed people in this thread being surprised about the folks overthere, so I wondered.

Also footy gaf, is there an topic about music? I mean talking about new releases and stuff, mainly rock (Indie), I'd like that.

Arnie

Get the Busweisers out boys, 20 for £10 at Morrisons.

Really do hope Roy picks a bold team selection and rests a few players; I think the older group will benefit in the knockout stages, should we get there. And I also don't think playing the likes of Baines, Jagielka, Jones or Henderson is really going to cost us much against Ukraine, with the utmost respect.

Yen

Gary Cotterill on SSN trying to have a conversation with Ukrainians who can't speak any English. Smart.
Oh God, there's a Stewart Downing show on lfc tv, and he's talking about his greatest footballing/Liverpool moments.
btw, I have a chicken in the oven. Needs to be taken out at 5. Don't let me forget,

Oxx

I noticed people in this thread being surprised about the folks overthere, so I wondered.

Also footy gaf, is there an topic about music? I mean talking about new releases and stuff, mainly rock (Indie), I'd like that.

There's a pop thread, lol

Arnie

I'm listening to Rooney's pre-match playlist on Spotify.

I'm three buds off running round my front room pretending I'm England's number nine, scoring the winner in a major competition.

Just kidding I've not even opened my first beer and this playlist is shit.

Gary Cotterill on SSN trying to have a conversation with Ukrainians who can't speak any English. Smart.
Oh God, there's a Stewart Downing show on lfc tv, and he's talking about his greatest footballing/Liverpool moments.
btw, I have a chicken in the oven. Needs to be taken out at 5. Don't let me forget,

God speed Yenrot.

Arnie

UEFA raking in the monies this Euro's with all the fines and that.

Blatter's probably spending it all on cocaine and nuclear weapons.

Fucking hell, Rooney's playlist includes Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life' and a cover version of 'Champagne Supernova', what a proper tit.

Hahahahahahaha this Champagne Supernova cover is terrible. I urge you all to log onto Spotify and give it a listen, the singing's dreadful. I'm laughing.

Linius

We talk about music in here. Do you love Temper Trap? They're great. The best group since Joe Lean and the jing jang jong.

Don't consider myself a fan, but I like Sweet Disposition. Will see them june 30th, they're playing Rockin' Park overhere in The Netherlands.

Yen

Don't consider myself a fan, but I like Sweet Disposition. Will see them june 30th, they're playing Rockin' Park overhere in The Netherlands.

I'm mocking Football-GAF's love of shitty indie bands. Joe Lean and the jing jang jong were the shittiest of all shitty indie bands

Arnie

How can Balotelli be so sweet one minute, then such a stroppy little cretin the next. Pretty sure he's bipolar.

Temper Trap are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom