• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Luuk De Jong has signed for Monchengladbach

:(
shola-ameobi-166696973.jpg

Kyoufu

That is false I think. We upped our offer to 12million. I think the gladbach thing is a couple days old when Twente denied it all.

If he does go to Gladbach though I'll be sad :(

Linius

That is false I think. We upped our offer to 12million. I think the gladbach thing is a couple days old when Twente denied it all.

If he does go to Gladbach though I'll be sad :(
I think you're confusing pounds and euros here. The initial Newcastle bid was also 10 million pounds I believe.

Kyoufu

I think you're confusing pounds and euros here. The initial Newcastle bid was also 10 million pounds I believe.

Yeah initial was 10m pounds, but we made another offer of 12m pounds which is also rejected I think. Last I heard, Twente want 16m pounds for both Douglas and De Jong, so hmm.....

Wish we'd just cough up the cash.

edit: initial source is Sunday Sun which is a load of shit. They claimed Cheryl Cole had 3 tits, and to be fair, while she was with Ashley Cole she definitely did have 3 tits.

Linius

So long no Dutch media are reporting anything 'bout this I don't believe a thing. Not that this transfer really interests me, but still :p

Twitter seems to think Kicker and L'Equipe are saying Luuk de Jong is going to Germany. If they are, that's bad for NUFC cos those two tend to be right. Well know soon enough.

Kyoufu

Also here:
http://www.nufcblog.com/2012/07/01/borussia-monchengladbach-claim-victory-in-de-jong-chase/

Good for him. Why sit on the bench in Newcastle when you can play for Gladbach (possibly in CL too)?

They're just posting what Sunday Sun posted.

I doubt De Jong will be a bench player. Ba is most likely leaving.

He's also still in the development stage. He has yet to play a full season as a number 9 for Twente.

Another thing to note is De Jong has already visited Newcastle before and liked what he saw. He's also Tim Krul's buddy.

I'm panicking here so I'm pulling out the friend card yeah what now?

Kyoufu

pe3iM.gif

Realises she might taste another woman on him. Bails out.

:lol

He did that last year and scored 25 times.

Steve McLaren said he hasn't played a full season? That's why he doesn't want to let him go until he does.

I've got my eye on Dutch media and nobody is reporting this. Pretty sure this is the bollocks that Sky reported when it was dismissed by FC Twente.

bjaelke

Deportivo La Curona signed Simon Poulsen on a free transfer. He had a great season for Alkmaar and two good games at the EURO. Very good deal they've done.

Linius

I was watching some old classico stuff.

2963950_o5akv2.gif

Classic :p

Deportivo La Curona signed Simon Poulsen on a free transfer. He had a great season for Alkmaar and two good games at the EURO. Very good deal they've done.

Ajax was in the market for him as well.

Slizz

Finally managed to take a picture of my kit collection. It's modest compared to Messi's but it's growing! Next up...Japan!

Niiiiiice. Can't believe you got a Brazil kit with the bar across the chest =P

I just got 1 more kit to add to the collection putting mine at 12.

It's a Cayman Islands National Team kit with WC2014 qualifier patches on it... Pretty nice actually. Parents were vacationing there and brought it back.

Niiiiiice. Can't believe you got a Brazil kit with the bar across the chest =P

I just got 1 more kit to add to the collection putting mine at 12.

It's a Cayman Islands National Team kit with WC2014 qualifier patches on it... Pretty nice actually. Parents were vacationing there and brought it back.
Heh I really didn't want it but then I saw it in the Nike Store for £10 and I kinda had to. It looks alright when playing in it.

I'm at 16 now, crazy since even though Ive been playing football 3 times a week I hardly wear more than 4/5 of them.

Cayman Islands, that's pretty cool. Im planning on buying a kit from wherever I go on holiday now.

YouTube Me! does not work properly for me however. Clicking the thumbnail does not make the video play so I have to click the link and watch it on youtube.

Yen

Seriously, Juan Veron scored a cracking volley on the outside of his boot in the Champions League, in September or October in either 2001 or 2002. Someone not afraid to go onto the Man Utd website can check it out for me.
Edit: also, I think it was 4-0 or 4-1

Salazar

Seriously, Juan Veron scored a cracking volley on the outside of his boot in the Champions League, in September or October in either 2001 or 2002. Someone not afraid to go onto the Man Utd website can check it out for me.

I think he scored a long range cracker in the league shortly after he joined, too.

I was so hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom