• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

I think he scored a long range cracker in the league shortly after he joined, too.

I was so hopeful.

Believe me, I watched every Juan Veron video last night, every good moment of his United career, but I can't find that one goal.

Wessiej

Funny that so many people on here are looking for the Japanese kit. I want the 2010 one so bad but I can find it anywhere.

I still want to get our away kit from this year, its awesome

ajax_away_jersey_12_1wgkew.jpg

It's probably a god thing I wasn't around for the cursing drama this weekend. I would have been banned for sure. At this point they may as well ban anything that can be interpreted offensively.

Clegg

This is OT but I don't want to start a new thread about it, as it might be a touchy subject.

Does anyone else think that most olympic sprinters are doped up to bursting point?

Jensen

Seriously, Juan Veron scored a cracking volley on the outside of his boot in the Champions League, in September or October in either 2001 or 2002. Someone not afraid to go onto the Man Utd website can check it out for me.
Edit: also, I think it was 4-0 or 4-1
Was it against a Greek team after he played a one-two pass with Beckham?

Edit: This one?

LegoArmo

This is OT but I don't want to start a new thread about it, as it might be a touchy subject.

Does anyone else think that most olympic sprinters are doped up to bursting point?

I guess you saw that guy on Sky Sports News beating Bolt in the trials too? He was huge.

Clegg

Judging by the European Championship in Athletics, no.

I specifically mean the ones that will be competing in the Olympic final. Justin Gatlin set a 9.80 sec time at an event a few weeks ago. A great time except he's just back from a 2 year ban for taking performance enhancing drugs.

Shelley Ann Fraser Price recently set the 4th fastest time ever for a woman in the 100 metres. Yet she too is only coming back from a ban.

Marion Jones was widely regarded as one of the greatest female sprinters of all time yet she was found to have used PEDs too.

bjaelke

I specifically mean the ones that will be competing in the Olympic final. Justin Gatlin set a 9.80 sec time at an event a few weeks ago. A great time except he's just back from a 2 year ban for taking performance enhancing drugs.

Shelley Ann Fraser Price recently set the 4th fastest time ever for a woman in the 100 metres. Yet she too is only coming back from a ban.

Marion Jones was widely regarded as one of the greatest female sprinters of all time yet she was found to have used PEDs too.

I imagine a fair amount of the athletes competing for gold are taking some kind of performance enhancing drug. It's definitely something that exists as proven before but it's impossible to predict to what extend the athletes are doping and how many of them are involved. All I know is that I'll be watching the entire event from the comfort of my couch (was unable to get tickets to any of the interesting competitions).

I shouldn't be judging them - I'm currently watching Tour de France and enjoying it

fuenf

Of course but i dont care, the Olympics are probably the only time i'm even interested in the sport. I just want to see a good show!

edit: the official song of the Olympics is so bad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt__jKWoYH8). what were they thinking???

Kyoufu

YoutubeMe extension is amazing. Can't browse GAF without it now.

Fuck no, i will click them if I want to watch them.

It's great because you can see what the video is about before clicking it. So if it's a love letter video to Downing then you can just save yourself the torture.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dzagoev's dad says Spurs are interested (as well as other unnamed clubs), according to the Mail. I liked the look of him at the Euros, although I imagine Pavlyuchenko will have made Levy a little wary.

sneaky77

Well, the storms were bad in S OH which is where I was. I don't know what it was like in Cleveland.
How about you? I don't really know what was going on because I was locked Ina windowless room with the groom and groomsmen.

No, North Carolina was fine, but I saw about Ohio declaring state emergency.

Kyoufu

Another French player to our list. Alan Pardew is the new Arsene Wenger.

0,,10278~11002843,00.jpg

Wish I was as good as DC with the PR posts. :(

Mirror Football just RT a Titus Bramble account where he says he's just starting to read 50 shades of grey. The account had 60k followers...but surely that cannot be the actual Titus Bramble.

If so, their response of *gulp* is just perfect, hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom