• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty

not sure we want to encourage criticism of the word being used by people in the past. i'd be banned till liverpool next win the league if they started looking at that stuff retroactively.

Messi

Thing is most other threads arent using it, some people in this thread (Wilbury) were using it regularly. Over time it got more and more frequent and when the Euro thread came around people moved over there and started treating that thread like footieGAF saying it all the time for no reason. Mods are pissed. We should be adults about this before FootieGAF gets taken out like NBA-GAF got taken out.

bjaelke

Willkiller gets to choose his tag? If I'd known this I actually would have predicted all of the games and blatantly won
LLShC.gif

Given the recent debate there can only be one acceptable tag.

dc89

If certain individuals get FootyGAF nuked there will be hell to pay.

Expect legal action for loss of PR opportunity.

Labadal

Okay let's drop this whole c..word debate. It's not worth it.

Not allowed to say it? fine.

I won't argue if they ban the word. I used it only jokingly, but they should make it more clear that it is a bannable offense to use the word. I haven't visited the football threads much lately, and was completely unaware about this new rule.

Anyway, I can't wait for pre-season and transfers.

Oh, and I think I read that Casillas won his 100th game for Spain. That sounds crazy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chiellini

“There is certainly bitterness at the way the match went. We were tired beforehand, as shown by my injury and that of Thiago Motta, as it’s not easy to recover in two days from an intense game like the one against Germany,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

“Spain absolutely deserved to win, but it’s a shame we were unable to play the way we did in the group game.

“In any case, nobody can doubt the effort we put in, as we have worked so hard and should still be proud of this tournament. It represents a starting point for our future, when we will aim to win.”

Chiellini looked tired and off the pace during the opening goal, when Cesc Fabregas burst past him to set up David Silva, and went off injured soon after.

It is his third thigh strain over the last six weeks, as Chiellini was also injured before the competition and in the Republic of Ireland game.

“The fatigue of Thursday that led to the thigh strain – which is in a different place to the one against Ireland – showed my muscles just weren’t able to recover.

“For many of us, this was the most important game of our careers. We really thought we could win this trophy and make the dream come true, but we have to admit Spain deserved the victory.”

dc89

Busquets has now won the Euro’s x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23.

I've won some games at Power League. At the age of 23.

Kyoufu

I did a search for the word on the forum and someone actually used it in a very harsh way towards another member and got away with it. lol

kharma45

Busquets has now won the Euro’s x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23.

I've won some games at Power League. At the age of 23.

23 years old, still plenty of time to become an even bigger... wanker.

*phew*

So I won the prediction league and can request any tag (as long as it's acceptable).

Any suggestions of what I should ask for?

Too obvious :p

fuenf

Willkiller gets to choose his tag? If I'd known this I actually would have predicted all of the games and blatantly won
LLShC.gif

tststs......

Chiellini
I've to admit i'm impressed by the class your players showed. Great turney by your team.

So I won the prediction league and can request any tag (as long as it's acceptable).

Any suggestions of what I should ask for?

Congrats! Just choose wisely... :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I do agree the disparity between teams in terms of rest. At this point of the year after a long season, it makes a difference.

WJD

Considering it's the 1st of July, isn't it about time we strarted either a pre-season thread or the first 12/13 thread?

jtb

Banned
re: the whole cunt discussion. It's not about cuss words, it's about double standards and hypocrisy (hell, Duckroll's FAQ on forum etiquette says "don't be a dick" :lol) Granted, I don't think I've ever used cunt in a post other than when discussing the word itself - and hypocrisy is nothing new. But there's still some discussion to be had, I think.

kharma45

Considering it's the 1st of July, isn't it about time we strarted either a pre-season thread or the first 12/13 thread?

We could just get the thread title changed maybe.

re: the whole count discussion. It's not about cuss words, it's about double standards and hypocrisy (hell, Duckroll's FAQ on forum etiquette says "don't be a dick" :lol) Granted, I don't think I've ever used **** in a post other than when discussing the word itself - and hypocrisy is nothing new. But there's still some discussion to be had, I think.

I'd censor that just in case...

Just asked for 'C-word'...
I'm not allowed :(

More suggestions?

Boo.

Can't think for himself

Can U Not Think might work.

WELCOME to the thread!

We've got Pirlo and Buffon baby

Oh and Bonucci
I'm a free agent and open to being wooed. :)

Pirlo and Gattuso was my duo though and the reason I casually rooted for Milan. Historically I've always like Juve because of Buffon and Del Piero but we will see.

And poor Chiellini. I feel for him and love the guy for wanting to give it a go but he had no business starting today IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom