• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

That's the difference between men and women/me and the gf. Let's just look at Birthdays for example.

Me - content with a meal out or even a take away.

Gf - wants to go to Brighton for 3 nights. £360 hotel and £200 worth of train fares.

WTF. Told her to forget it lol.

That's the difference between men and women/me and the gf. Let's just look at Birthdays for example.

Gf - wants to go to Brighton for 3 nights. £360 hotel and £200 worth of train fares.

Dump her, what a bitch

GorillaJu

Mourinho won't want to get rid of Sahin when Alonso is going to be getting fewer and fewer minutes. I think people are jumping to conclusions when they assume that because Sahin isn't getting game time, that Real will want to sell him.

LegoArmo

Was Ashley Young really £18m? Jeez...in his last year of contract, I thought it was £14m or something...just about reasonable.

It's a case of the Henderson's, I think. Some will claim £13.5m, some will claim £18m. Most transfers are undisclosed, but don't United publish their accounts? Someone could probably work it out.

sohois

Those train prices are ridiculous. You could probably fly to another country for that kind of money.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm just glad we have a manager now, even if it is AVB. He'll be more desperate than anyone to prove the Chelsea fiasco was a one-off. Let's finish up the Sigurdsson and Vertonghen signings and show a bit of ambition. Levy finally has everything in place, young manager, new training complex, young squad, so I hope he's willing to spend a bit to make it work.

GorillaJu

It's a case of the Henderson's, I think. Some will claim £13.5m, some will claim £18m. Most transfers are undisclosed, but don't United publish their accounts? Someone could probably work it out.

I didn't look it up to see. I thought it was 18, but may be off.

kharma45

Mourinho won't want to get rid of Sahin when Alonso is going to be getting fewer and fewer minutes. I think people are jumping to conclusions when they assume that because Sahin isn't getting game time, that Real will want to sell him.

Alonso still has a good 3-4 seasons left in him, he's only 30.

Was Ashley Young really £18m? Jeez...in his last year of contract, I thought it was £14m or something...just about reasonable.

I think £14m is the base price and the rest was performance related iirc.

All speculation though, it was an 'undisclosed fee' anyway.

Brighton's alright, but almost £600 for 3 days there!? You could go to abroad for more than a week for that amount if you find a good deal.

Zabojnik

Roma signed Dodo.

Dodo.jpg

elseanio

My dad took my mum to Anfield on their first date! She turned up in a mini skirt and heels, thought they were going for dinner.

Ashes

Banned
I'm just glad we have a manager now, even if it is AVB. He'll be more desperate than anyone to prove the Chelsea fiasco was a one-off. Let's finish up the Sigurdsson and Vertonghen signings and show a bit of ambition. Levy finally has everything in place, young manager, new training complex, young squad, so I hope he's willing to spend a bit to make it work.

Your dressing room, and the way you play anyway, are more suited to him, I think.

I used to rate AVB, but I'm not sure now. I like how he gets his team to close down and retrieve the ball though, like a lot of teams on the continent. Arsenal have a head start on the possession is king movement in the Premier league, and City are very very good at it. And Liverpool now have a manager famed for keeping possession. This will be a very interesting year.

Alonso still has a good 3-4 seasons left in him, he's only 30.

Alonso maybe has 3-4 Liverpool type seasons left in him. He does not have 3-4 Madrid seasons left in him.

Xabi sometimes has to paly a role in the Madrid team that he does not need to do for Spain. When Khedira wasn't playing for a few matches and it was Lass in midfield, one could see Xabi struggling a bit after a few matches.

Part of me always wanted AVB to get a new job and do well. Mainly to make a point in regard to the short sighted nature of Chelsea. But now he's the Spurs boss I can't rightly want that.

Sahin would be a fantastic signing, for any club. Not going to happen. This summer, at least. He'll probably give Madrid another season.

I don't see how Ferguson talks about value so much then proceeds to buy English. The players might be good, or great in the future, but the real value in abroad.

I guess he likes to know they can handle the English game.

Well, Evra and Vidic were brought in as unfancied bargain signings and turned into the cornerstone of our defence for many seasons. And, of course, there's the da Slvas, Chicharito, multiple youth prospects and (lol) Bebe recently. So, it's not like he believes his own twaddle about there being no value in the market. Just seems a little hesitant to buy somewhat established foreign league talent these days, who are well into their twenties. (To be fair, he's been burned by the likes of Veron - a great player elsewhere who didn't fit the English game - and Djemba-Djemba - who was Djemba-Djemba.) Kagawa being a good step in that direction, if a no-brainer.

rififi

Sahin also said he doesn't want to move.

He had one bad season because he couldn't get back on form after an injury and get enough playing time because he has to compete with both Xabi Alonso and Khedira for a spot.

At the moment (of course things could change by the end of the summer), it seems the only way Sahin won't be in a Madrid shirt this season is if he goes out on loan.

Sahin also said he doesn't want to move.

He had one bad season because he couldn't get back on form after an injury and get enough playing time because he has to compete with both Xabi Alonso and Khedira for a spot.

At the moment (of course things could change by the end of the summer), it seems the only way Sahin won't be in a Madrid shirt this season is if he goes out on loan.

That's true, but that was when he was involved in a move to Spurs, not United.

Don't crush my muppet dream man.

Ashes

Banned
Head coach is basically pr speak for Manager right? There's not going to be a sporting director of whatever, to buy players for him to play?

Exactly! Trains are either on strike or just ridiculously overprice here.

Depends when you book them, I can get to London for £7 if I book at least 3 weeks in advance, and I'm in Yorkshire at the moment, however if I was to book a week in advance its like £50.

Head coach is basically pr speak for Manager writer? There's not going to be a sporting director of whatever, to buy players for him to play?

Three man committee involved in the signing of players. Levy (chairman), Sherwood (technical coordinator) and AVB (head coach).

The gf and I went on a cruise for our birthdays back in April. Our b-days are 6 days apart.

fuenf

Sammer is absolutely awesome, he's saying all the right things in his press conference. BAAAAYEEEERN winning everything next season confirmed!

NHale

I just can't see United ever spending £40m on Modric (nor would I want them to), something I could easily see Madrid doing

But is Madrid really interested in Modric? I don't see them going after him when they already have Ozil and I have a hard time believing any rumor that includes Madrid considering they were rumored to be close to sign 20 right backs by now, Modric, De Rossi, Witsel, Drogba, Ibra etc.

But is Madrid really interested in Modric? I don't see them going after him when they already have Ozil and I have a hard time believing any rumor that includes Madrid considering they were rumored to be close to sign 20 right backs by now, Modric, De Rossi, Witsel, Drogba, Ibra etc.

Modric doesn't play the same position as Ozil though.

Gambit

Sammer is absolutely awesome, he's saying all the right things in his press conference. BAAAAYEEEERN winning everything next season confirmed!

Which was surprising considering the journalists' insistance to ask the worst loaded questions possible.

I can't believe they actually expected an answer when they asked if he'll contact Guardiola.

fuenf

Which was surprising considering the journalists' insistance to ask the worst loaded questions possible.

I can't believe they actually expected an answer when they asked if he'll contact Guardiola.

hehe true, it's always surprising how dumb these so called journalists are. guess he'll shake things up quite a bit, wouldnt be surprised if one of the stars has to leave (pls be Robben).. would be the easiest move to change the culture of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom