• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Sammer is awesome: the players from team germany have three weeks of holidays. I never had a three weeks break in my career. There will be no excuses.

Thats what i like to hear!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Aquilani update!

Alberto Aquilani “will start pre-season training with Liverpool, then we’ll see what happens,” said his agent.

“At the moment Aquilani is a Liverpool player and will certainly start pre-season training with them, then we’ll see what happens,”

“The new manager will decide whether to keep him or not. I don’t think he’s coming back to Italy and he hasn’t expressed any particular preference, but this time I hope Liverpool can tell us in time if he’s not part of their plans so we can find him the right club.

“Recently, apart from a slight ankle sprain, Aquilani has had no major fitness problems. The real problems were when he had ankle surgery at Liverpool.”

Meier

When I visited London earlier this year, we went and saw the U-19 team play versus the U-19 Czech squad at Leyton Orient. Only cost a fiver (plus maybe another 1.40 for being in a different zone) I believe.

6977807611_d55b4757c8_c.jpg

6977807973_6bfa2fd7e1_c.jpg

6831680410_96d623275c_c.jpg

Brinbe

Just saw the news on the Fabio loan... eh, really wish we could get him more games, but hopefully he excels at QPR.

Also but assures we're in for a LB, right? Hope we don't pay out the ass for Baines =(

Bumhead

Banned
When I visited London earlier this year, we went and saw the U-19 team play versus the U-19 Czech squad at Leyton Orient. Only cost a fiver (plus maybe another 1.40 for being in a different zone) I believe.

Leyton Orient is one of the most disorientating football grounds I've ever been to. It's half football stadium, half inner City student accommodation complex.

Fucking weird.

dc89

It says Hart Dog

---

I have a good feeling he will do really well at Spurs.

I know if the manager position was vacant at City and he filled it I'd be pretty happy!

He wasn't given the time at Chelsea to fulfil his vision. And I don't buy the people who say 'if he learns from his mistakes at Chelsea' line, as he wasn't given enough time.

Gambit

hehe true, it's always surprising how dumb these so called journalists are. guess he'll shake things up quite a bit, wouldnt be surprised if one of the stars has to leave (pls be Robben).. would be the easiest move to change the culture of the club.

I don't think that's gonna happen, but I believe Sammer will tell them to either become a leader or fall in line (behind a leader). He won't be happy with any diva antics.

He is giving me a lot of hope for Bayern's future.

GorillaJu

Old?

Mario Balotelli was engaged in a heated argument with Gianluigi Buffon in the wake of Italy's 4-0 defeat by Spain in Sunday's Euro 2012 final, La Gazzetta dello Sport reports.

The Manchester City attacker stormed off the pitch and headed straight for the dressing room immediately after the final whistle was blown, but returned to the field shortly after for the award ceremony.

Nevertheless, he struggled to contain his disappointment when the Italy camp returned to the changing room after the prizes were handed out, and reportedly blamed the Juventus contingent for the Azzurri's heavy loss in the showpiece decider against La Roja.

Buffon took offense to Balotelli's outburst and the Italy captain told off his young teammate in front of the entire squad.

The squabble between both players allegedly went on for about 10 minutes, before order was restored.
Adam Digby said:
http://t.co/Ofb4L2xY Gigi Buffon says he 'killed' #MCFC striker Mario Balotelli in their alleged fight following the loss to Spain....

Feorax

Aquilani update!

Damien Comolli:

"He is obviously a big player, he’s got a very good resume and he’s a very good player.

"But Kenny and the coaching staff felt he would play in a certain position. As I told Alberto during the summer, unfortunately in that position is someone called Steven Gerrard and it would have been difficult for Alberto to play."

Same Steven Gerrard that was out for most of the games up until Christmas...

We need a proper number 4 type midfielder. As much as it seems to be overlooked, I genuinely believe the loss of Meireles last year was just as key in our downfall as losing Lucas. I remember him being injured at the end of the season before last and we lost the next 2 games without scoring a single goal, when we were pretty much top of the form table beforehand. I was hoping Sigurdsson could fill that role, but I'm resigned to that being a lost cause. Aquillani could well be the answer though.

Yes, they have signed Kagawa. He’s a player of some quality, and has impressed in his time at Dortmund. Yet it is really not a clever signing. Kagawa is at his best playing off a front man, the same position that Rooney should occupy. Certainly to get the best out of both of them, Ferguson would have to play a vague diamond, which isn’t ideal in the modern game. It also doesn’t deal with the frailty in the center of Manchester United’s midfield.
Kagawa is not just a player of some quality- I'm sure he'll do great. And Rooney can also be a front man, can he not?
I agree that there is vacancy in the CM, but the transfer period is not over yet and they did somehow manage to almost win it EPL even without world class midfielders.
I think they should easily make top4.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Kagawa is not just a player of some quality- I'm sure he'll do great. And Rooney can also be a front man, can he not?
I agree that there is vacancy in the CM, but the transfer period is not over yet and they did somehow manage to almost win it EPL even without world class midfielders.
I think they should easily make top4.

When I say some quality, I mean great quality. Quirk of English. But I'm adamant in my belief that Rooney is far less effective up top by himself. He needs someone to play off. It is why he struggles when he plays with Berbatov, who is inclined to drop into the channels, which is where Rooney tends to want to play.

Bumhead

Banned
I quite often share things I've written about football in here. Here's a ludicrous thought I've had:

Any criticisms willingly taken, haha.

I don't agree, generally, and still expect United to be in the top four. But you make a good case on paper, certainly. I still think at least one, but maybe two teams need to have stormers of a season for United not to qualify, but it's not impossible. Stranger shit has happened. There was a time in the not too distant past when Barcelona were floating around in lower mid table in La Liga.

By the way, I love your blog. Looks great. Added you on Twitter as well. Shame about your choice of Football team but I'll let that slide.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom