• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Tevez leaving City will be a big loss. Although he's a bit of a John terry, Tevez is the best Striker City have IMO and not many in the world will give the team what he does on the pitch.

He's excellent but Kun is better if nothing else due to him not having Tevez's temperament. I'd honestly love it if he stuck around, but I think he's too volatile. I don't think he's a very good example to have around if Mancini wants to help Mario mature.

get-attachment.asp

Design of a new 8*6 ft fan banner next season. Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Final product should be a lot of fun.

4-1 against Metalist Kharkiv in one of the first training matches, not bad. Mustafa Abdellaoue, can't wait to actually see him this season now that we got a real manager. Just don't take my N'Doye.

6U2XS.jpg

Nope. Dude can't play on the wing. Waste.

So we change the formation, we need strikers now. We can't start shipping them off because they had a bad second half of a season, especially when the first half of the season brought us 16 goals!

Unless of course you want to rely on the Ameobis :lol

Salvadora

So we change the formation, we need strikers now. We can't start shipping them off because they had a bad second half of a season, especially when the first half of the season brought us 16 goals!

Exactly. Ba was magnificent last season so I can't understand why Newcastle fans would want him gone.

Kyoufu

We need a non-African Striker tbh. Either way, I'm sort of hoping for Hoilett on the wing. He could be a real gem if he signs for us.

More importantly, still hearing that we're in for Douglas despite the shit going on with De Jong. We definitely need the CBs as Saylor will probably get injured again.

Our problem wasn't scoring goals, it was our back line leaking them in.

Exactly. Ba was magnificent last season so I can't understand why Newcastle fans would want him gone.

He didn't score a single goal in our new formation. Would have been better to have a proper winger.

Yeah if I can get that without all the advertisements I will. There's just no way of making the burger king logo look good

AdsZz.jpg

Are they having trouble finding new sponsors or?

Arnie

When's Spurs new training facility ready? Just seen the in progress photographs on the official site and it looks magnificent.

We don't, it's just Kyoufu :p

We need a non-African Striker tbh. Either way, I'm sort of hoping for Hoilett on the wing. He could be a real gem if he signs for us.

More importantly, still hearing that we're in for Douglas despite the shit going on with De Jong. We definitely need the CBs as Saylor will probably get injured again.

Our problem wasn't scoring goals, it was our back line leaking them in.

We need a non-African striker anyway, now isn't the time to make straight swaps though, our biggest problem this season coming could be a lack of depth in the squad. Getting rid of a proven goalscorer wouldn't be a smart move at all.

Cisse was fucking dynamite when he came but I doubt that will last forever, Ba didn't work in that formation but it wasn't a problem because Cisse was single handedly winning us the games. There is no reason at all why they both can't start next season with Ba in a central role, we just didn't experiment with that last season because there wasn't a need too.

Yeah hopefully we can still nab Debuchy and Douglas though, we need squad depth badly with Europe etc

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

He didn't do much once Cisse arrived. With his dodgy knee I think it's wise to cash in, like Van Persie he isn't going to repeat that kind of form or stay fit for the whole year.

When's Spurs new training facility ready? Just seen the in progress photographs on the official site and it looks magnificent.

It's ready to go, as far as I know. Training starts on Monday.

Clegg

TBH I could handle United not getting a new CM if we at least signed FB cover instead.

Evra was diabolical last year and wasn't great the season before that either. Either we sign a new fullback as a direct replacement for him or as a competitor for the position.

I could can understand SAF if he decides not to sign a CM. In his mind United have Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson. Both of whom are returning from an injury laden season. He probably sees Kagawa and Powell as potential CM cover. In fact I'm convinced that we'll see Kagawa start a few games at CM.

I think SAF wants to give Fletcher every chance possible to regain his form and fitness. He did the same with Hargreaves.

TBH I could handle United not getting a new CM if we at least signed FB cover instead.

Evra was diabolical last year and wasn't great the season before that either. Either we sign a new fullback as a direct replacement for him or as a competitor for the position.

I could can understand SAF if he decides not to sign a CM. In his mind United have Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson. Both of whom are returning from an injury laden season. He probably sees Kagawa and Powell as potential CM cover. In fact I'm convinced that We'll see Kagawa start a few games at CM.

I just hope Kagawa isn't converted into a CM. I don't want another Anderson.

Fry

iBvkOViENB6QV.png

Our new jersey was leaked yesterday. Not quite sure what to think of it. They're aiming for an 80s retro look.

Brondby, right? So you followed Agger since the beginning? Was he like your best player? Did he influence in your Liverpool supporting by any chance?

K1LLER7

I just hope Kagawa isn't converted into a CM. I don't want another Anderson.
This.
Would could find out at Pre-season and he might try Powell there, but I think he'll start next season with Carrick and Scholes depending on Team GB and Clevs, with Kagawa behind Rooney

bjaelke

Brondby, right? So you followed Agger since the beginning? Was he like your best player?
He didn't play that much before moving to Liverpool. Far from our best player. We had the pleasure of Michael & Brian Laudrup, Peter Schmeichel and Ebbe Sand.
Did he influence in your Liverpool supporting by any chance?
Nope. Started following both teams back in the early 90s when they were still successful.

dc89

"TalkSport's Alan Brazil has news that will 'blow your socks off' which will be announced tomorrow for Spurs. Takeover anyone? #thfc #TNC"

Transfer news centre on Twitter.

Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom