• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"TalkSport's Alan Brazil has news that will 'blow your socks off' which will be announced tomorrow for Spurs. Takeover anyone? #thfc #TNC"

Transfer news centre on Twitter.

Hmm

There has been a lot of muttering about foreign investment coming in. AVB to be re-united with Falcao?

Blablurn

I wish I could GIF this and not be banned.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=20e_1283377429

2ufq4gy1.gif

Joe

I was bummed out when the Yankees tried to buy tottenham but that fell through. I wonder if there's any chance of that happening

TBH I could handle United not getting a new CM if we at least signed FB cover instead.

Evra was diabolical last year and wasn't great the season before that either. Either we sign a new fullback as a direct replacement for him or as a competitor for the position.

I could can understand SAF if he decides not to sign a CM. In his mind United have Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson. Both of whom are returning from an injury laden season. He probably sees Kagawa and Powell as potential CM cover. In fact I'm convinced that we'll see Kagawa start a few games at CM.

I think SAF wants to give Fletcher every chance possible to regain his form and fitness. He did the same with Hargreaves.

Don't cave in Clegg.

Salazar

lol at Pogtrayer.

And Fryers can do one, too. Most people remember you for your jelly-legs episode in a cup game, you little mug.

Tottenham being taken over? Seriously? Oh man, that's another club with potentially big spending power if it goes through.

:(

I very much doubt it's a takeover.

Apparently Villas-Boas might be coming then. Or at least there's an offer on the table from us. I think there's some legal issue with his Chelsea payoff and whether he can talk to clubs or sign anything before a certain date. There might have been something similar with Ancelotti, but I'm not sure. The Modric articles are interesting. I've always liked the idea of money + Sahin if it's on the table.

Also, there's been a lot of rumours the past few weeks, and especially the past few days, that there's new investment coming into the club one way or another. The club is privately owned now after it was delisted from the stock exchange back in January. Levy said at the time that it restricted the clubs ability to secure funding.

Fry

Why are shit clubs being bought and not the beautiful Newcastle United?

Why is there no justice in this world? :(

I hear Newcastle is targeting a 50m player.

edit: talking about Newcastle reminded me off Chriswok and offshore. Where have they been?

TeegsD

Unexpected transfer of the day: Nuno Gomes to Blackburn for two seasons. I assume he's going to finish there which is surprising. Thought Braga would be his last stop. Shit, we should've bought him. He would be our first competent striker in years.

bjaelke

Unexpected transfer of the day: Nuno Gomes to Blackburn for two seasons. I assume he's going to finish there which is surprising. Thought Braga would be his last stop. Shit, we should've bought him. He would be our first competent striker in years.

Portuguese U19 team had some promising talent up front.

"TalkSport's Alan Brazil has news that will 'blow your socks off' which will be announced tomorrow for Spurs. Takeover anyone? #thfc #TNC"

Transfer news centre on Twitter.

Hmm

He said something about this a few days ago. I'm assuming it's the same thing because he used the same "blow your socks off" line.

dc89

United begin to leaflet fans over Season Tickets. Apparently they aren't selling out like normal.

What happened to the one million strong waiting list. What's happened to the fans their flawed survey said they had.

http://bit.ly/MKSqSV

Fry

United begin to leaflet fans over Season Tickets. Apparently they aren't selling out like normal.

What happened to the one million strong waiting list. What's happened to the fans their flawed survey said they had.

Did you just pause Horrible Bosses to come at GAF and troll Man. United?

lolololololololololol

Kyoufu

Have you so swiftly forgotten how BRFC got Venkyfied ?

Let's not speak of BRFC until Jeff returns. :p

You already have a wealthy owner. Its Arsenal who needs a sugar daddy.

Ashley is poor compared to the likes of Roman/Sheik. Arsenal could use some money though yeah.

It's something to do with Geordie Shore and Made in Chelsea or something.

Or maybe it's 'footballing reasons', I'm not sure.

Not being based in London or Manchester hurts :(

I hear Newcastle is targeting a 50m player.

edit: talking about Newcastle reminded me off Chriswok and offshore. Where have they been?

Good question. They'll probably return when the season starts.

You tweeted this yesterday!

Seep

They'll be selling half season tickets soon like the Bitters begging on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom