• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

near

Gold Member
I almost rather he went Spurs then to City, City are now above united on my holy hate list

I don't want to ever see him in a Spurs shirt.

JmarY0RJgUCIj0fEE6xdWA2.gif

Only way I'd be okay for him to go to City is if they:

1) Swap for Tevez or Dzeko +cash
2) Send video evidence of Adebayor being deported.
3) We're allowed to throw tomatoes at all the ex Arsenal players when ever we play City.

Meet all 3 demands and I'll be sort of okay with it.

RVP has made sure Arsenal have to let him go now, it's a pretty smart statement and it also ensures clubs bidding for him hold all the trumps.

RVP needs to be sold asap so he can be forgotten and the club can move on. Bring in another top player and i'll be pleased.

But... I have a feeling arsenal will hold onto him or try to and this summer/season will turn into another joke like the last.

omgkitty

exactly. why hasn't a replacement for Nasri or Cesc been found? that's what this squad really needs—provided he doesn't get injured, I'm confident Giroud can score 20 goals a season with a world class midfield providing for him.

I feel like Wenger thinks we have players in these positions but we don't. Ramsey was up and down last season and while Rosicky played very well the 2nd half of the season, he still doesn't quite fit the bill and he's getting older, plus he's injured again. I think we need to bring someone like a Gourcuff, Martin or Eriksen in.

jtb

Banned
Whichever team he chooses, Arsenal should ask for a striker as a makeweight. Real have Higuan and City have Dzeko, both of which are rumoured to be leaving.

I'd take Higuain in an instant. But they don't need a striker and Mou is pretty conservative with his transfers. Straight swap Higuain/RVP, I'd take in an instant. Dzeko + Cash I'd also take. Hell, I'd take Higuain + Kaka and his giant fucking wages for RVP.

But we really need a quality number ten... and now that Kagawa and Hazard have been sold, there aren't too many cheap ones out there atm. :(

RVP needs to be sold asap so he can be forgotten and the club can move on. Bring in another top player and i'll be pleased.

But... I have a feeling arsenal will hold onto him or try to and this summer/season will turn into another joke like the last.

We've signed 2 good players already, so it won't be that bad this season.

Kyoufu

I'd take Higuain in an instant. But they don't need a striker and Mou is pretty conservative with his transfers. Straight swap Higuain/RVP, I'd take in an instant. Dzeko + Cash I'd also take. Hell, I'd take Higuain + Kaka and his giant fucking wages for RVP.

But we really need a quality number ten... and now that Kagawa and Hazard have been sold, there aren't too many cheap ones out there atm. :(

There is no way they'd swap Higuain for RVP.

Higuain is a young beast. No reason to swap him.

Arnie

Rosicky and Benayoun can both play in that position though, and both are still fairly talented players. I was quick to write Benayoun off as a nothing transfer but he really impressed me in the derby last season.

bud

Whichever team he chooses, Arsenal should ask for a striker as a makeweight. Real have Higuan and City have Dzeko, both of which are rumoured to be leaving.

i'd rather have benzema, who's a great footballer, rather than higuain, who's mostly just a poacher. i don't think higuain would fit in that well with arsenal's way of playing.

BBC's Ian McGarry @garbosj

is this source legit? nnnooooo!

jtb

Banned
Rosicky and Benayoun can both play in that position though, and both are still fairly talented players. I was quick to write Benayoun off as a nothing transfer but he really impressed me in the derby last season.

Benayoun was a season-long loan, Rosicky is inconsistent at best, absurdly injury prone at worst.

which reminds me, HAS DIABY BEEN SOLD YET?

edit: what the fuck, we got more for NASRI than for RVP? glad the deal's already done though.

omgkitty

Benayoun doesn't play for us any more.

Az

Only way I'd be okay for him to go to City is if they:

1) Swap for Tevez or Dzeko +cash
2) Send video evidence of Adebayor being deported.
3) We're allowed to throw tomatoes at all the ex Arsenal players when ever we play City.

Meet all 3 demands and I'll be sort of okay with it.

Yessssssssssssssssssss.

/orgasm

near

Gold Member
I'm curious if Wenger and Gazidis will release a statement in response to defend the image and direction of Arsenal. I need some pop corn. :p

Arnie

Benayoun was a season-long loan, Rosicky is inconsistent at best, absurdly injury prone at worst.

which reminds me, HAS DIABY BEEN SOLD YET?

edit: what the fuck, we got more for NASRI than for RVP? glad the deal's already done though.

Benayoun doesn't play for us any more.
That's a shame, I thought he did well. Don't know when he's going to get game time at Chelsea.
Arsenal are pathetic. Wilshere to City too in a couple of years when he realises his potential.
That's assuming Wilshere ever makes it off the treatment bench.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
RVP to City, then Dzeko to Juve? It makes sense!
In FM

I know, I know. :( Fucking Salas. C. Ronaldo was already packed and ready to move to Torino and the Chilean refused to move to Portugal and everything went up in flames. Still, he was an idol for both Vidal and Isla. I like to think that they admired him at Juve and that nostalgia played a role when Marotta came calling. :D

Weeell at least he looked cool wearing our old jersey eh?

marcelo_salas_juve_548.jpg

Dear god he reminds me of Bergonzi!

Lightning

Banned
RVP is on his last legs man, what did you expect? He doesn't have the youth of Nasri to drive the price up. RVP only has 2 maybe 3 top seasons left in him and no resale value unlike Nasri.

Oh well best of luck to RVP. I would expect to hear the news that walcott is off to chelsea soon.

Blablurn

i dont like to brag but can i brag a little?

Aw-a8xpCIAA0mOP.jpg

my gf got me this shirt for our 1 year anniversary. a shirt from her hometowm club :-o fc puebla! sooo cool

jtb

Banned
Oh wow....

Damn. It does make sense though, reinforcements have actually been brought in this time, for the first time in many seasons...

RVP is on his last legs man, what did you expect? He doesn't have the youth of Nasri to drive the price up. RVP only has 2 maybe 3 top seasons left in him and no resale value unlike Nasri.

Oh well best of luck to RVP. I would expect to hear the news that walcott is off to chelsea soon.

Walcott going to chelsea would almost make up for losing RVP to (probably) city.

Almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom