• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Julio Cesar: "Lucio to Juventus? All my Brazilian friends are leaving me! Juve signed a great defender."

My Brazilian friendS. So Maicon is really leaving then!

Unless he meant Thiago Motta?
KuGsj.gif

Piers Morgan called Gary Neville T-Bag! I hope he gets the reference.
Haha Rooney always calls Nev that, sure he's got it by now.

To me it sounds like Arsenal told RVP that he wouldn't get his wish, whatever that is.. move to X club/not be sold at all and so RVP has basically put them right up against the wall.

Bit of a shit thing for him to do but also understandable from his individual perspective. His statement is basically a rip off of Rooney's when he handed in his transfer request, "hey guys I really wish it was different but these guys are ruining the club and I gotta do the right thing for myself". Playing on the heart strings of fans...with a sort of genuine point. Back then Fergie launched a stunning PR campaign (and of course we paid up). Doubt Wenger can or will do the same, on both counts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsenal
"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

omgkitty

Arsenal responded:

Arsenal Football Club has issued the following statement with regard to Robin van Persie's future:

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.

"We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."

Edit: Damnit Yurt!

Weak statement IMO. Doesn't really say much and allows for the saga to rumble on. Not quite sure what else they could have said though.

Been alot of reports from insiders that there is genuine debate and a split between those who want him to stay and those who are happy to sell.

Plasma

Banned
Either need to keep him and run down his deal or ship him out to somebody not in the PL, would be so stupid of us to give City our best player.

It was 11 years ago today that Sol Campbell left to go to Arsenal...

Now that was a Betrayal-ton. I wish we'd all been around on Gaf when that happened, would have been spectacular. Assuming that our resident Spurs wouldn't have got themselves banned, that is. Imagine the John Terrys that would have been flying around.

Salvadora

Either need to keep him and run down his deal or ship him out to somebody not in the PL, would be so stupid of us to give City our best player.

It really should be a priority to prevent him moving to another English club. Abroad should be the only option.

Lightning

Banned
We'd probably get more off City than we would off any other club but it would be embarrassing, Cementing our status as City's feeder club.
Yeah we would get the most from city but not enough more to justify doing that. This time next season RVP will be 30years old and can go where he likes at that age. But selling to city unless they pay close to 30mil should be out of the question.

"Chim chimney chim chimney chim chimney charoo.
Who needs Van Persie when we have Giroud"

ALTOGETHER GAF!

Me and my whiskey have this for next season so far:

"We're shit! And we settle for it! We're shit! And we settle for it! We're shit! And we settle for it! We're shit! And we settle for it!"

Work in progress. Every year the same shit.

jtb

Banned
With Podolski right, Giroud left?

First choice lineup would be

Gervinho - Giroud - Walcott/podolski - ox
Wilshere - song

Anyways, players will get injured so this is kind of pointless to speculate over. plus, walcott down the middle only works in a 442 which Wenger abhors for some reason or another.

And please sell Walcott to Chelsea. Many many better wingers out there, some can be bought for a decent price I'm sure...

Salvadora

First choice lineup would be

Gervinho - Giroud - Walcott/podolski - ox
Wilshere - song

Anyways, players will get injured so this is kind of pointless to speculate over. plus, walcott down the middle only works in a 442 which Wenger abhors for some reason or another.

The prodigal son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom