• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio Ferdinand ‏@rioferdy5
@piersmorgan I think its time to start trending #Tiers4Piers after the RVP statement! Crikey!

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
It's 'tears', you t**t RT @rioferdy5 @piersmorgan I think its time to start trending #Tiers4Piers after the RVP statement! Crikey!

KuGsj.gif

Az

@piersmorgan I think its time to start trending #Tiers4Piers after the RVP statement! Crikey!

It's 'tears', you t**t RT @rioferdy5 @piersmorgan I think its time to start trending #Tiers4Piers after the RVP statement! Crikey!

KuGsj.gif

lolololol

KuGsj.gif

They're both twats

rififi

RVP to city? really? I guess he is going to win trophies with Nasri on the bench then. He won't be going to Madrid, especially after the whole ordeal of trying to get Higuain to stay.

I still like him, at least he had the decency to do it now instead of the last day of the transfer window.

Like others said, the reason for him leaving is more worrying than the fact of losing RVP - he will be 29 at the start of the season, and Arsenal can't depend on one aging striker to keep them afloat. Unfortunately, I see Arsenal "investing" his fee into a Stewart Downing.

A bunch of Indian websites are reporting that Sunil Chhetri, India´s football captain, is coming to Sporting. No idea who he is, apparently he was going to QPR a couple of years ago but he was denied a work permit.

omgkitty

I know but he has gone about this in a shitty way. Oh well...

Exactly. All he had to do was the standard final interview of "I love this club, but I have decided it was time for a new challenge" bullshit. Then he could just tear up a little bit or whatever and walk off "speachless". We would have seen through his crap, but it probably would have been more sincere. Posting a message on your personal website about how you disagree with the club's direction and desires is not how you go about it. TBH, I though RVP had more class and respect than that. I guess not.

Gary Neville says

"Only a passenger on a ship remember! The ship will always be there!!"

Wise words.

He's been so great since he retired.

Gooner for as long as I can remember, and I'm glad my first reaction as to smile. All these transfers, these players leaving just when they make a name for themselves after all the years Arsene put in with them (shoutouts to Hleb who's playing for the 12th best team in Russia). What can you say?

We're The Arsenal, we'll move on.

Apparently the club didn't see the statement coming and are wondering whether or not to respond. Lack of class there, I'm disappointed.

Mastadon

Banned
Exactly. All he had to do was the standard final interview of "I love this club, but I have decided it was time for a new challenge" bullshit. Then he could just tear up a little bit or whatever and walk off "speachless". We would have seen through his crap, but it probably would have been more sincere. Posting a message on your personal website about how you disagree with the club's direction and desires is not how you go about it. TBH, I though RVP had more class and respect than that. I guess not.

You wanted him to lie to you?

immy

Banned
He's been so great since he retired.

Gooner for as long as I can remember, and I'm glad my first reaction as to smile. All these transfers, these players leaving just when they make a name for themselves after all the years Arsene put in with them (shoutouts to Hleb who's playing for the 12th best team in Russia). What can you say?

We're The Arsenal, we'll move on.

Apparently the club didn't see the statement coming and are wondering whether or not to respond. Lack of class there, I'm disappointed.

I don't understand why players are dicks if they move on. But if a player moves on, sells a bad player for a good one it's cool.

near

Gold Member
You wanted him to lie to you?

Well in this case we don't know whether he is being honest or not, however what is evident is that he has released some internal affairs which Wenger and gang may not be too proud of. It's a little embarrassing when this happens, and it use to pain me when Harry use to do it.

It's how footballers work, they constantly want to take the next step up and Arsenal are not top of the top anymore. I'm sure Feyenoord could say the same about RVP "Oh we have worked to develop him for years and years for years here now and then he just leaves" or Hleb is Stuttgart.

Lightning

Banned
So Giroud was meant as RVP's replacement :(
I would hope not but let's be honest in that RVP just had the season of his career and chances of him having another one are slim as and last season was the only season I think where he wasn't injured for lengthy parts.

I would hope like hell now that RVP is gone though that we either get another quality striker in or even better a play making midfielder. I would love us to wind up Dortmund by trying to take some of their excellent players away. That polish striker of theirs is awesome.

No offence to Dortmund fans. I do really like Dortmund.

jtb

Banned
If he leaves for City it'll open up more options for us. Dzeko, Tevez or...Mario?

Tevez is by far the best of the three... though it comes with a bit of baggage :lol. I do hope RVP goes to Juve; that or RM are the only credible options that would support his explanation. If he goes to City... smh.

Ashes

Banned
I would hope not but let's be honest in that RVP just had the season of his career and chances of him having another one are slim as and last season was the only season I think where he wasn't injured for lengthy parts.

I would hope like hell now that RVP is gone though that we either get another quality striker in or even better a play making midfielder. I would love us to wind up Dortmund by trying to take some of their excellent players away. That polish striker of theirs is awesome.

No offence to Dortmund fans. I do really like Dortmund.

They're basically you guys but with more end product.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Take Tevez, he's a bit of a JT but that shouldn't stop you guys, seen as you've already signed two others in Lucio and Pogba :p

Lucio is a devoted christian, loving husband and a humble leader. He was just trying to fit in with the rest of the JTs with merda Inter.

JjpEA.jpg

We NEED more JTs, we have too many nice guys. :p

Lichtsteiner was feeling lonely!

Edit: There you go, his first interview. 2 dislikes already :p

There's gonna be a response on Arsenal.com shortly.

Got to admit he was clever. He did this in such a way that we can't keep him for another year as we hoped in our worst case scenario. David Ornstein (BBC) is saying the club is stunned and didn't expect a public statement at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I always said RVP was a dick. I am going to piss myself when he gets crocked in City's first game and misses 2 years of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom