• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As a short man it's great to have a short manager. Solidarity in shortness.

http://lfctransferspeculations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/147873941.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Zlatan+Ibrahimovic+Antonio+Conte+AC+Milan+s8By4rf0X-Ql.jpg

You know what this means right Arnie?
Believe

Aurelio De Laurentiis talking about wanting to buy a London club. Now that would be fantastic.

I don't think England are ready for him.

Arnie

You know what this means right Arnie?
Believe

The problem is some crazy, deluded, RAWKish minority of my brain does actually believe we're going to go on an unbeaten run to the premier league title.

The majority of it thinks we'll come 5th.

Zabojnik

And I just asked about Verratti in here yesterday *slams head*

bro-hug1.jpg

jtb

Banned
I don't want to get my hopes up... but FUCK YEAH at the Lloris/L'Equipe twitter thing. let's just nab Belhanda too (I'm sure he wants to spend more time with his Morrocan buddy Chamakh), finish the M'Vila deal and RVP can fuck off to a destination of his choice (for a relatively sizable fee, I'd hope.)

also, was very pleased to read the statement from Usmanov. still not sure if I like the guy, but at least he's not pointing the blame towards Wenger but rather this idiotic board.

Arnie

I'd be delighted with 5th, and that makes me sad :p

Fifth would make me sad because it's so close to fourth. Thinking of that, I know Spurs fans are riding high at the moment but there must be a huge pang of negative emotion anytime they see or hear about the Champions League this coming season. They rightfully qualified for it, they should be in it. I personally thought the solution in 2005 was the best way: have both the team who qualified and the team that won it entered, as long as they pass the initial stages.

Fifth would make me sad because it's so close to fourth. Thinking of that, I know Spurs fans are riding high at the moment but there must be a huge pang of negative emotion anytime they see or hear about the Champions League this coming season. They rightfully qualified for it, they should be in it. I personally thought the solution in 2005 was the best way: have both the team who qualified and the team that won it entered, as long as they pass the initial stages.

Somewhere along the line though, a team will miss out if the Champions go into it like that, unless someone volunteers to play them before the proper qualification stages start

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The problem is some crazy, deluded, RAWKish minority of my brain does actually believe we're going to go on an unbeaten run to the premier league title.

The majority of it thinks we'll come 5th.

I'd be delighted with 5th, and that makes me sad :p

It's much better when you don't see it coming
rodgers2nkygb.png

Typical Yurt. Fills your head with dreams, then callously crushes them without a moments thought.

Yes. I blame you for my broken heart, Yurt. Pirlo successor my ass ;_;

Kms3d.jpg

I'm sorry guys I CAN'T help myself sometimes!

Sounds like Wenger is going to play Pololski on the right :lol

Looking at his profile on the Arsenal site and it says:

He is a striker, and we like them,” said Arsène Wenger. “He is technically gifted, he can play through the middle and through the flanks, he is very adaptable, can create goals and make goals.

“That for me was an obvious choice. He is left-footed as well and that for me is interesting. It is sometimes interesting to have a left-footed player on the right flank, especially a guy who can give assists."

vadernoooooo.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I don't want to get my hopes up... but FUCK YEAH at the Lloris/L'Equipe twitter thing. let's just nab Belhanda too (I'm sure he wants to spend more time with his Morrocan buddy Chamakh), finish the M'Vila deal and RVP can fuck off to a destination of his choice (for a relatively sizable fee, I'd hope.)

also, was very pleased to read the statement from Usmanov. still not sure if I like the guy, but at least he's not pointing the blame towards Wenger but rather this idiotic board.
Yeah I thought you would like this info when I read it earlier. I'm indifferent on it personally as I think Szczesny deserves at least 1 more season to prove himself. We go through with this and Szczesny is off which would be disappointing but Lloris is young as well so that's the part about it I don't mind.

Seriously, fuck RVP. He can piss off and never return in any form whatsoever.

Why is today crazy day?!

I have a phone screening tonight for my dream job in Chicago and then this morning, the only other guy who knows my position (my backup) quits which caused my company to want to restructure a bunch of positions including promoting me. Gah!

Yeah I thought you would like this info when I read it earlier. I'm indifferent on it personally as I think Szczesny deserves at least 1 more season to prove himself. We go through with this and Szczesny is off which would be disappointing but Lloris is young as well so that's the part about it I don't mind.

Poor you ¬¬

:p

Cry moar

Slizz

lol

He gave you 8 years.

Lol and in his final year he gave them an injury-free great scoring season.

Honestly, I can see RvP not being as effective next year no matter where he plays. He's got a terrible injury record and looked awful at the EURO's

vadernoooooo.jpg

Ugh, the dude basically doesn't have a right foot. He often does sidefoot shots & passes (even though he sucks at it) just to not use his right foot.
He'd probably do a dumb version of Robben's shtick on the right wing (go towards the middle, shoot).

Lightning

Banned
Dude you miss the point. I don't really care that RVP refuses to extend his contract and I've stated several times how appreciative I was for his goals last season but did he really have to stick the knife in like he did yesterday? It's that action that has angered and upset me. But Wenger did not deserve to be treated like that and I feel RVP is an classless **** for it.

PaulLFC

Interesting that goal-line technology's been approved, I hope they use Hawkeye though. It's been proven at tennis and cricket so should be no less accurate in football, plus you don't have to mess with the ball.

rodvik

Why is today crazy day?!

I have a phone screening tonight for my dream job in Chicago and then this morning, the only other guy who knows my position (my backup) quits which caused my company to want to restructure a bunch of positions including promoting me. Gah!

This is awesome. Get the new offer then tell your current employer they are in a bidding war 8)

Dude you miss the point. I don't really care that RVP refuses to extend his contract and I've stated several times how appreciative I was for his goals last season but did he really have to stick the knife in like he did yesterday? It's that action that has angered and upset me. But Wenger did not deserve to be treated like that and I feel RVP is an classless **** for it.

Yeah Wenger did not deserve to be treated like that, but direct your anger at the board. They are the ones who every Arsenal fan should be angry at, and yes RvP was wrong for doing that, but it's not his fault if the board decide not to spend money on quality players every year is it?

jtb

Banned

vadernoooooo.jpg

... Wenger WHAT THE FUCK. I swear, he's the only reason we're even contending for the top four but he's also the reason why we'll never win another trophy.

having said that, inverted wingers are cool as shit. BUT THEY HAVE TO BE WINGERS FOR IT TO WORK (and have a long range goal threat... or huge bursts of pace... or fantastic dribbling ability... which very little I've seen suggests Podolski has any of the above).

I think Szczesny will get another season (whether he likes it or not) to compete with Lloris should he come; I don't see why he can't continue to develop in a back-up role, starting the cup competitions—most GKs don't even get starting roles like that anyways until far deeper in their career. then if he develops and Lloris is still world class, sell Szczesny and make a tidy little fee - and solve our GK issue. if that means throwing the occasional youngster on the bus to make way for an opportunity to move the club forward - so be it.

Ashes

Banned
Yeah Wenger did not deserve to be treated like that, but direct your anger at the board. They are the ones who every Arsenal fan should be angry at, and yes RvP was wrong for doing that, but it's not his fault if the board decide not to spend money on quality players every year is it?

Except he decided to do it on the one year Arsenal didn't do it. Podolski is good business and it was an early quality transfer.

Lightning

Banned
I am angry at the board and have been for a while. It was their fault we got humiliated at Old Trafford last year. It's just I honestly thought much higher of RVP than that and I understand him wanting to leave, having issues with Wenger's ways as we all do, trying to win things with undeveloped kids etc but Wenger really stood by RVP showed faith and confidence in him and moulded him into the world class player he is now and is how RVP's betrayed him IMO is hard to take.

For I ask you all this. Where would RVP be today had Wenger not taken the gamble on him when Adebayour left us? Had Wenger brought in a 20mil dollar signing to play up front rather than place faith in a injury riddled RVP? You can say I have sour grapes etc... But whatever as far as I'm concerned because like I said no problem with him wanting to leave, should not waste his career away on a board who cares more about money, but Wenger deserved better for what he's done and his comments yesterday should not have been said in the way he said them.

Feorax

Given we need another striker, and we seem pretty keen on increasing our Uraguayan contingent, what would my fellow Liverpool fans think of signing Diego Forlan on a free for a year or two whilst we push for CL places?

I know he didn't do that well last time he was in the PL, but the game has changed since then, and he could be a great altenative to Carroll.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Given we need another striker, and we seem pretty keen on increasing our Uraguayan contingent, what would my fellow Liverpool fans think of signing Diego Forlan on a free for a year or two whilst we push for CL places?

I know he didn't do that well last time he was in the PL, but the game has changed since then, and he could be a great altenative to Carroll.

Diego Forlan's goals for Inter.

And a penalty.

Anderson

Lightning I'm just as pissed at RVP leaving but you've gotta lighten up, better players then RVP have left Arsenal through the years

Forget him, move on and get drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom