• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I heard Internacional are looking to sign him. Maybe then,

Leandro-Damiao-120211-450x388-gp.jpg

shinee_key_heart_sign_25022011023735.jpg

Zabojnik

Why is today crazy day?!

I have a phone screening tonight for my dream job in Chicago and then this morning, the only other guy who knows my position (my backup) quits which caused my company to want to restructure a bunch of positions including promoting me. Gah!

Congrats! I, on the other hand, had to take my beautiful car to service and pay 500 fucking euros for it, only to come home to the news of Verratti being sold to fucking PSG. *fuckmylife.jpg*

I'd be delighted to have Forlan at Liverpool, as long as the wages were reasonable. Like Carroll he was poor last season, but there's still a quality player in there, and he has a great relationship with Suarez. The odds of Carroll & Suarez having really poor seasons are relatively favourable for us I think, so whichever turns out better could get the majority of our league games and the other gets Cup games, and covers for injuries,fatigue and Suarez's inevitable suspensions

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Adriano Galliani on goal line technology: "Better late than never. I'm still keeping that photo of Muntari's goal on my phone."
Gareth Bale said:
I know plan B is Borellio again and plan C is Amauri on loan/co-ownership, but who is plan A?
ANY striker who knows how to score :(

Feorax

Would probably be able to get Gaston Ramirez or maybe even Belhanda for about the same price when you factor in the English player tax. Would also depend on the wages he wants.

Not saying no, but could maybe do better for the money.

Messi

Hey guys, I am kind of excited by Jordi Alba. Start the season NAOOOO.

Ps when does laliga kick off? Or when do they announce the fixtures? Should have been by now.

Love the new barca kit btw

jtb

Banned
To meet the arbitrary quota of Englishmen when Theo leaves?

eh. the Ox, Wilshere... no moar overpriced english players plz. In fact, Oxlade-Chamberlain cost 12m, which is quite a bit for a developing player who only started a handful of matches this season. fuck the english tax—Ligue 1/Bundesliga 4 lyfe.

Dibbz

Ps when does laliga kick off? Or when do they announce the fixtures? Should have been by now.

I feel sad for Valencia. Imagine where they would be if they kept all that talent they let go throughout the last 5 or so years.

Week starting 19th Aug.

(Super Cup on 22nd and 29th Aug)

I don't think the fixtures have been announced.

rififi

I feel sad for Valencia. Imagine where they would be if they kept all that talent they let go throughout the last 5 or so years.

So do I, especially since they were excellent at the beginning of the last decade under Rafa. But it is their fault for spending 250-300 million euros on a new stadium:

Fortunately, construction has restarted and it should be completed within the next 2 years.

Must be painstaking as a fan when you know that your best players will be sold to service the debt. I hope they can keep Soldado. Unless they sell him to Liverpool of course :p

Football really has the shortest offseason of any sport.

You can barely call it that during WC years.

I love it. It makes a load of factors come into play, like fatigue, rotation, squad depth, squad management etc. And the less time without football, the better of course.

The main positive is the drama of the transfer window being mainly squeezed into 6 weeks in the years of international tournaments. The highs. The lows. The betrayals. The surprises. The extortionate fees. The bargains. The muppetry. Its glorious

Probably been posted already, but 50 Shades of Andy Gray on Twitter. Wow.

50ShadesOfAndyGray ‏@50SOAndyGray
He belts her bits with his baton. She decides to slide her finger into his marmite mine. He stops. "You can't go in from behind like that!"

jtb

Banned
Is Jose Callejon any good? Apparently we've bid €19 million according to some Spanish journalist from Marca.

he's decent, not 19m good I'd say. Not particularly clinical; scored a handful of goals last season when he had one of the best midfields in the world supplying him, but Mou only used him as a sub most of the time.

that and he was just bought by RM for ~5m last summer. would be idiotic to buy him for quadruple that price. so... all of this leads me to believe it's Marca BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom