• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

So, uhh apparently Guardiola is coming to Moscow tomorrow to talk with the Russian Football Union about being the national team coach.

Why would he ever even consider it, besides the bucket loads of money, I mean? I guess he wants to prove he can win with scrubs cause Kerzhakov is certainly no Messi.

If Guardiola's next job in football is the Russian National Team I'm going to lose all faith in humanity.

immy

Banned
It's got nothing to do with Zlatan being a poor player but everything to do with Villa being a player that has excelled at the highest level.

Something that Ibra hasn't.

LOL

Top goalscorer in euro championship history
9 league titles

That @barcastuff were tweeting quotes from a friend/colleague of Pep's saying he was moving to New York in the summer but would be back in work by the start of next season.

Sorry Fergie but it's time to go.

Fry

Finished watching The Return of The King. That was some epic shit... can't believe I took this long to watch the trilogy.

Can't really pick my favorite one. They were all masterpieces.

Kyoufu

Finished watching The Return of The King. That was some epic shit... can't believe I took this long to watch the trilogy.

Didn't like the first two. Nothing much happened and the stuff that did happen felt random. I also realise I'm the only person in the world who dislikes LotR. :(

RotK was decent though.

Arnie

I ate KFC in the cinema whilst watching The Two Towers, so it wins by default.

jtb

Banned
fuck the haters, I really enjoyed the Two Towers, if only because it's the only one of the three that actually builds up to a climax. Helm's Deep was fucking epic.

plus, dat Howard Shore soundtrack. soooo fucking good, and I really loved his work for Rohan.

Scum

Hi, all. Surprised to see Man City a tad "quiet" on the transfer front...

Just watched Messi's 4 goals vs Arsenal in the CL QF.

God damn.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xofem3_barcelona-4-1-arsenal-06-04-2010_sport

I said, god damn.

Bendtner's goal lasted all of a few mins. I was at work as well and then all Hell Messi broke loose...What a night that was.

That @barcastuff were tweeting quotes from a friend/colleague of Pep's saying he was moving to New York in the summer but would be back in work by the start of next season.

Sorry Fergie but it's time to go.
Pep always runs off from Barca for the Spain job in my FM saves. Always. So long, Del Bosque...

That is the final sequence of battle scenes? I'd say it was the best part of the entire trilogy.

Helm's Deep is the castle in The Two Towers (that's not a spoiler is it?) that comes
under siege by the orcs

Edit: I've really gotta start reading the quotes that people are responding to so I get the right context #facemeetpalm

Kyoufu

Hi, all. Surprised to see Man City a tad "quiet" on the transfer front...

Bendtner's goal lasted all of a few mins. I was at work as well and then all Hell Messi broke loose...What a night that was.

Pep always runs off from Barca for the Spain job in my FM saves. Always. So long, Del Bosque...

I'm guessing City are awaiting the return of Arsenal boss in 2 weeks for the RVP deal. In the meantime, they want Coloccini lol.

As for Pep... I think earliest he can take over Spain (if he wants it) is after the World Cup. Del Bosque has no reason to step down.

jtb

Banned
That is the final sequence of battle scenes? I'd say it was the best part of the entire trilogy.

Helm's Deep was the giant fortress-thing built into the side of the mountain at the end of the Two Towers and the fight lasted a good 30 minutes or so, with the Ents and Gandalf and all that shit. then they kind of had another similar siege thing in the Return of the King but I didn't like that as much :lol.

Scum

I'm guessing City are awaiting the return of Arsenal boss in 2 weeks for the RVP deal. In the meantime, they want Coloccini lol.

As for Pep... I think earliest he can take over Spain (if he wants it) is after the World Cup. Del Bosque has no reason to step down.

Coloccini? What the bloody hell? lol

Kozak

Banned
I'd take Guardiola at Turkey.

Gets to work with Nuri Sahin, Arda Turan and Mehmet Topal. Maybe he can mould us into a winning side.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, at least they didn't lose. :/ I don't wanna take much from today's score (Olympic Mexico 1 Club León 1) since this is not the kinda opposition they will face at the tournament, but a lot of players left something to be desired. Peralta and Salcido should do more to ratify their inclusion in the squad. Gio looked okay, but his finishing could have got us the victory had he been somewhat finer.

FootballFan

Video from Jordi Albas presentation.

HCZq7.jpg

dR2E1.jpg

wL1x3.jpg

r86zb.jpg

UBcRq.jpg

dc89

hlhUc.png

HNNNNG.

I hope for the CL games they use a font on the back which is the same colour as the Etihad lettering on the front, it would look top!

FootballFan

dat Barca DNA. they are so fucking lazy too, just sell their youth products and buy them back at cut-rate price. /bitter

Pique, Cesc(wasn't sold, was stolen), Alba and ?

Didn't know Valdes, Puyol, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Thiago, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca etc were sold as youths and bought back later.

xbhaskarx

Brian Phillips ‏@runofplay

Bold investigative journalism by the AP in "obtaining" Usmanov's letter to Kroenke. I mean, opening their email and everything.

What I'm saying is, the letter isn't meant to communicate with/persuade Kroenke. We aren't eavesdropping on internal Arsenal deliberations.

It's a PR move by a guy who's been frozen out of running the club and is now using the RVP situation to try to get some leverage.

So the reporting that makes this sound like something Deep Throat snuck into a garage is silly. The reaction is the whole story here.

I'm sitting in a Nando's eating chicken, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom