• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Interesting information on Bilgirimana:

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/201...campaign=Feed:+offthepost/TLAa+(Off+The+Post)

What do they say?

“I asked him where he was from and he said Burundi and I said where’s that then? He said there were a few problems over there and he was starting fresh over here.

“His English wasn’t that great but he said, ‘I want to play football,’ and so I asked him if he was any good and he replied, ‘Of course I’m good!’ So he had loads of confidence even back then as an 11-year-old.

“Anyway, I asked him if he had got any gear with him and we got some sorted out for him and told him to hang around. We operated from two sites back then with one group at Warwick University and one at the Centre and to make life easier for the lad I put him in the group at the Higgs to have a little look at him.

“Anyway, after ten minutes he came over to me and said, ‘Ray, this group is no good for me. I’m better than them’

“[...]He hadn’t long been in Coventry, and the country, and was just getting his feet under the table, but he looked half decent.

“After every training session he was always absolutely starving and I have lost count of how much he owes me for fish and chips, sausage and chips and chicken and chips!
Former Coventry academy recruitment officer Ray Gooding

:lol

I'm optimistic about this particular guy. Tiote's back up and one of the most promising DM's in the Championship.

Clegg

Anderson might be out of favour, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is dead weight. He has his moments.
Anderson probably carries more dead weight than the rest of our squad. And he certainly has his moments. Crashing cars and eating all the pies in Brazil.

kharma45

The Witsel deal does seem at least plausible, either Portugal or Brazil are the only countries I could see Anderson going to if we tried to ship him out and Witsel is the sort of player who we'd need in CM, good at defensive work but can go forward too if needed.

Kyoufu

It has been a shit summer. No first team signings.

Guess if you're not in Manchester or London then you're not worth a damn.

The FA should impose a heavy London tax so we can compete.

Kyoufu

Are you doing your weird Koscielney thing with Jones now?

And you bought Obertan from us. So you're even worse.

Now?

I've always said Jones is shit, though to be fair he's better than half our defenders and probably better than Koscielny lol.

As for Obertan.... we were robbed. Why we buy your rejects I have no idea :(

Somehow we didn't make a loss on Obertan or Tosic. Somehow.

If we can break-even on Bebe then we really are plain sailing. Apparently the filing report suggests we only paid £5m, only. Besiktas paid us a million to have the honour of having him in their circus last season were just 4 million down now.

Any takers?

It has been a shit summer. No first team signings.

Guess if you're not in Manchester or London then you're not worth a damn.

The FA should impose a heavy London tax so we can compete.

It's only been 6 days man :lol

You were the one who always told me to believe, now not even you believe!!

PaulLFC

Probably already posted, but the Milan away and third kits are brilliant:

7489287772_967dc617d9_b.jpg

MILAN2123.jpg

I think the third would be even better without the pocket under the Adidas logo, though.

Jesus. We really need to switch over to Adidas once our deal with Nike expires. Rumours that is the plan so let's hope. Sick and tired of Nike churning out rubbish whilst Adidas make beautiful kits.

K1LLER7

Somehow we didn't make a loss on Obertan or Tosic. Somehow.

If we can break-even on Bebe then we really are plain sailing. Apparently the filing report suggests we only paid £5m, only. Besiktas paid us a million to have the honour of having him in their circus last season were just 4 million down now.

Any takers?

I'm hoping he's going on the pre-season tour and he's learned how to cross a ball.

Kyoufu

So have we :p

Just not massive names....yet.

It's a shame the FC Twente talks broke down. If they weren't asking for silly money we could have had 2 solid first team players.

They put a 20m Euro price on De Jong now lol. What I don't get is, he leaves next year on a free....

Are they really that dumb?

edit: they sold Tiote for 3m so I guess they are hahaha

Jesus. We really need to switch over to Adidas once our deal with Nike expires. Rumours that is the plan so let's hope. Sick and tired of Nike churning out rubbish whilst Adidas make beautiful kits.
Funny, cause I'd love Chelsea to switch to Nike. When Nike do a good job, they really do. I think nearly all their international shirts have been top. Plus, Adidas shirts aren't as comfortable.

This for example, posted on the last page,

I think look amazing.

It's a shame the FC Twente talks broke down. If they weren't asking for silly money we could have had 2 solid first team players.

They put a 20m Euro price on De Jong now lol. What I don't get is, he leaves next year on a free....

Are they really that dumb?

edit: they sold Tiote for 3m so I guess they are hahaha

Maybe they are haha. I still don't think we've heard the last of the FC Twente talks though, I refuse to believe they're that stupid that they'll let them run out their contracts and miss out on about 15 million...

Feorax

Heard Walcott is ready to leave now RVP is off too.

Any takers? After Obertan I've had my fill of 'gotta go fast' players.

Yep, I'd definitely take him. He's only 23, meaning the deficiencies in his game still have plenty of time to be rectified.

Would also be nice to have a wide man that can score goals.

TrueBlue

Espn state Ashley Cole could be leaving as he's in his last year in his contract and there haven't been any talks.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123122/ashley-cole-to-consider-options-next-summer?cc=5739

Bad move from Chelsea if true. He's still the best LB in the world IMO.

We better get an extension on that contract, he played amazing through the business end of the season, and is consistently reliable on the pitch, Plus as much as I like him, I think it would be too early to install Bertrand as our new LB, even though he did very well against Bayern.

Speaking of youth, I wanna see more of McEachran and Piazon this season. The former was unlucky not to get any time out on loan imo. More of Sam Hutchinson would be appreciated too.

EDIT: Regarding Walcott, I think Chelsea have been linked with him at some point. Not sure if want.

Kyoufu

So with Lampard and Cole possibly leaving, does that mean only John Terry is left?

Poor AVB. Should have been more patient.

K1LLER7

Who do you thinks better?

He's coming towards the end of his career but looking at last couple of seasons, he's been immense. Every time he played againt Barca he's been brilliant up against Messi and he stopped Ronaldo countless times. Not many LB can say that. Defensively he's the best in my mind and can do a job going forwards when needed.

Nice interview with Subotic:

Sounds good, I already thought Klopp is important to him, he can stay for another few years <3

Wow, that's really interesting about his youth career in the U.S. I like him more now :D

VillaGAF, sounds like you boys are signing Lowton from the Piggery? £3m (mostly in clauses)

What are your thoughts on him. Even if he is from United and not Wednesday (is it alright to call them that)

Arnie

I know Jordi Alba got a move to Barcelona, and did very well in the Euros, but hasn't he had less than one good season at left back for Valencia? Hardly the best left back in the world, or even top three.

Porto will deffo tell us to get lost until we bump it up near 30.
Yep. Article makes it sound like United hope to inspire Moutinho into revolting at the prospect of playing for United, pushing the price down considerably. And as expected, Villas-Bellend wants in too.

immy

Banned
Who do you thinks better?

He's coming towards the end of his career but looking at last couple of seasons, he's been immense. Every time he played againt Barca he's been brilliant up against Messi and he stopped Ronaldo countless times. Not many LB can say that. Defensively he's the best in my mind and can do a job going forwards when needed.

I would have lahm over him

Wessiej

Ah all the fans said goodbye today to Jan Vertonghen, we all know this is his last day. He took a hour extra to take pictures with the fans, because it's te last time

So long my friend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom