• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Usmanov is bloody loaded too.

I know it's not the Arsenal way to spend a sack of cash but with the teams around it doing it they may have to sooner or later.

Get him on the board and let him spend his money, he is obviously very passionate about Arsenal.

Carbonox

hlhUc.png

HNNNNG.

I hope for the CL games they use a font on the back which is the same colour as the Etihad lettering on the front, it would look top!

Thought that was the Newcastle away top for a second. :lol :lol

Pretty much the exact same set up on the back, especially as it's the same coloured top.

We don't need RVP.

City are heavily monitoring a 17 year old who plays in Argentina, Dybala, who is dubbed "the next Aguero".

It makes me laugh how many project copies are of some players that end to be nothing.

Nani was the next Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema was the next Ronaldo (fat one), Özil was the next Zidane...

Let players have an own identity.

jtb

Banned
I didn't know Podolski had 100 caps. How the fuck does that happen for a guy who's just turned 27 and whose team was just relegated? that's just 20 behind Klose!

According to Croatian press, Modric is about to sign with Real Madrid.

I hope that means that Kaká will leave. I wouldn't mind an exchange+moneyz with Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
According to Croatian press, Modric is about to sign with Real Madrid.

I hope that means that Kaká will leave. I wouldn't mind an exchange+moneyz with Spurs.

All the stories in England are saying the transfer has stalled.
We couldn't afford Kaka's wages anyway.

Luka Modric is said to be ready to pull the plug on a potential deal to Real Madrid after becoming frustrated at the Spanish side’s lack of action this summer, The Sun report.

FootballFan

I know there isn't much people interested in Malaga around here but... this post is about new kits!

CL variant:

DUkwa.png

I care! I have stated many times how much I like Cazorla and Isco and I use Malaga in Fifa Career mode :p

Those 2 kits under the home one are so good. Especially the black one.

It makes me laugh how many project copies are of some players that end to be nothing.

Nani was the next Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema was the next Ronaldo (fat one), Özil was the next Zidane...

Worst part is when Messi was only 20 and there was already players dubbed "the next Messi" like seriously, let Messi be Messi first then find the next one.

dc89

Cleverley is the next Jesus Christ.

I know that I'm pretty late to the party, but I just wanted to say a couple of things about the Ibra-Villa thing. First of all, they've two pretty different playstyle, when Ibra plays with Milan he's the guy upfront that should receive every pass, so that the team can get closer to the goal. Then he passes the ball to someone else, whether it's Cassano, Binho or Boateng doesn't matter. Villa is more like a "pure" striker, always near the goal, waiting for the right time to shoot while lurking next to the defenders. Like Sheva, Raul and so on. So I guess that, mostly for these reasons, Villa is a better striker than Ibra, and way more deadly when he's in good shape.

Also, if Ibra doesn't want to play, then he'll do more damage than anything else. Having such a player walking around the midfield while insulting his teammates it's useless for various reasons, mostly because his team will end up playing in 10 men. And it happens a lot of times during a season.

He has (had, actually) a lot of potential, but he has also always been pretty annoying when he didn't felt like playing. Which, in a football team, is kind of a big deal.

I know there isn't much people interested in Malaga around here but... this post is about new kits!

CL variant:

http://i.imgur.com/DUkwa.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
The away kit is lovely, the home one is pretty traditional. Still like it, though.

I don't know how I feel about the third one, dat green.

Carbonox

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7872438/Ba-Forget-about-rumours?

Newcastle striker Demba Ba has played down speculation linking him with a move away from St James' Park this summer.

He's come out on Twitter saying rumours are rumours and for everyone to forget about it. I can't imagine how annoying this shit is where players who have no intention of leaving are concerned.

Once this month is over (his clause automatically disappears at the end of July), we can finally move on from this noise.

Additionally, looks like we're about to sign another youngster of the Summer:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/magpies-move-for-bigirimana-7917960.html

Newcastle are set to sign Coventry's young central midfielder Gaël Bigirimana.

He was at our training ground yesterday. He looks like a promising talent. Our youngster pool is really shaping up in midfield, with Bilgirimana, Abeid, Vuckic, etc. So good.

We also had James Tavernier sign a new contract. A promising right-back who will most likely play as third choice RB for now.

Salazar

Labadal said:

The thing about this photo is that the ball is actually travelling towards Carragher.

Jesse Lingard (striker) and Larnell Cole (midfielder) keen for loan moves from MUFC. C'mon Villa. Step up.

elseanio

The problem is he isn't 4th or 5th choice. I think if he knew that, he would leave. Coates should be getting games ahead of him, which is why it's frustrating when Carra starts and makes a mistake or hoofs the ball every opportunity. Rodgers has been speaking very highly of him in recent interviews, so he's probably going to feature a lot this season.

Ushojax

Vertonghen deal close

Nakhli Mondial, a member of Vertonghen's management agency, hopes a solution can be negotiated with Ajax which suits both parties.

He told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: "We have a meeting with Ajax at the end of this morning to come to a solution.

"There is some movement and we have the intention to come to an agreement."

Please just get it sorted. In Levy we trust.

Man those Malaga away and 3rd shirts are very nice.

Also the Barca kit on Jordi Alba looks alright, not as bad as I expected it would be.

It's a shame nothing can save the United kit :(

Blackhead

Redarse
Is there any chance that newco Rangers could end up in the lower English divisions? If they're not going to be allowed straight into the SPL again then I don't really see the point.

Is there any chance that newco Rangers could end up in the lower English divisions? If they're not going to be allowed straight into the SPL again then I don't really see the point.
I don't think there is much chance of that happening but it would be funny if it did, Celtic would want in too :lol

Labadal

What did Carra do to earn such ire from so many fans? It's not as though he forced Dalglish to play him ahead of Coates (well, some may assert that, but considering Dalglish was the one to drop him, i doubt it). He has been a great servant to Liverpool and can still play a role as an experienced 4th or 5th choice. Just think back to some of the Arsenal discussion in recent times - would you rather have the likes of Djourou?

Carra has been great for us. He has given everything he has on the pitch. But last season showed that it might be time for him to maybe retire. He had a difficult time last season, and everytime he played, I was hoping he wouldn't mess up. He made me nervous every time he played. The Carra from a few seasons ago is no longer there. Those were the days when I would thank: Calm down, Carra's got this. Now he's just a parody, unfortunately. When a player causes uncertainty on the pitch, it might be time for that player to start thinking about their future.

It's like older fighters in the UFC: They were once great, but don't know when to stop. Then they start losing game after game, yet still continue to accept new fights.

Man those Malaga away and 3rd shirts are very nice.

Also the Barca kit on Jordi Alba looks alright, not as bad as I expected it would be.

It's a shame nothing can save the United kit :(

Hey, table cloths belong on top of the table.

corny joke is the only good thing about the home kit

I doubt they're interested at that price. Especially if they sell Hulk.

Might have to go up a bit, but I hope Fergie splashes the cash at sub-30m. Moutinho was quietly impressive at the Euros. He's versatile, does the simple things well, and it would be nice to have a reliably consistent!, and class, presence in central midfield besides Carrick, who isn't that young (31) any longer either.

xintin

Sheva is (supposedly) coming back to Chelsea to work under Abramovich. Look into your future, Fernando. Roman will get every single pound out of you!

NHale

Probably bullshit rumor but here in Portugal they are reporting Tottenham is interested in Defour. In 1 week I'm sure Tottenham and AVB will be linked with all FC Porto players.

According to the Twitterati, United have bid 20m for Moutinho.

Good Luck with that.

I doubt they're interested at that price. Especially if they sell Hulk.

They are close to selling Fernando to Inter Milan. If they end up closing the deal, don't expect them to sell other midfielders unless someone pays the release clause for them.

Didn't somebody at Porto already say if Moutinho is leaving it will be for his buy out clause?

Just posturing I guess but any bid will have to be close to it and I don't think £20m is close at all.

Chelsea are interested in Schweinsteiger. Abramovich personally met him during Euro's and now they are going to contact Bayern to see if a deal is possible.

And Belhanda has said that he will be staying at Mont for at least 1 more year so it looks like Arsenal will end up with Dempsey instead :(

Clegg

The Times are reporting that Porto want £26m for Moutinho so Uniteds bid falls a bit short of that. Dont know where they're getting that figure from though.

Arnie

I've watched like 4 hours of Forbrydelsen today and I can't stop :(
Good lad.

Was good to here Rodgers talk about Carragher making the transition into coaching, that gives me hope that despite their apparent budding relationship what Carragher gains from Rodgers will be more coaching related than playing time.

And let's be honest, with Europa League as well we've got a packed fixture list, we'll need the likes of Carra this season.

Carbonox

Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern to go to Chelsea? :lol Surely Chelsea would have to cough up an obscene amount of money for him, that's even in the unlikely scenario that he would want to leave and Bayern would want to sell.

NHale

Didn't somebody at Porto already say if Moutinho is leaving it will be for his buy out clause?

Just posturing I guess but any bid will have to be close to it and I don't think £20m is close at all.

Pinto da Costa publicly said he doesn't want to sell him but if someone is seriously interested they should at least "appear" with a €35M proposal ~ £31m (slightly lower than his release clause €40M).

That was before his spectacular performance against Spain and Inter Milan advancing for Fernando, so now the upper hand is even more on his side. He doesn't "want" to sell him but I'm sure he will if someone offers around €30M + performance bonus like he did with Falcao last year.

I'm sure if Man United is interested, they will want to include Anderson in the package and lower Moutinho's price but I'm not so sure Porto is interested in having him again. But I have a feeling Moutinho will end up going to Tottenham since he loved playing for AVB...

Ushojax

Schweinsteiger leaving Bayern to go to Chelsea? :lol Surely Chelsea would have to cough up an obscene amount of money for him, that's even in the unlikely scenario that he would want to leave and Bayern would want to sell.

It happened in my FIFA12 save. But then David Silva also went to Aston Villa.

Nice interview with Subotic:
"I've always said that it's been a childhood dream of mine to play in England and I have always watched the Premier League," Subotic says. "But I don't have to do everything I wanted to do as a kid - I also wanted to be an astronaut but I can't see that happening!

"I'm not sure if it's a child's dream or still my dream but it's the hardest league in Europe and the most aggressive and I like that. However, I wouldn't be where I am now without Jurgen Klopp. First of all, he brought me to Germany from America and I signed my first deal with him at Mainz, and then he gave me the opportunity to join him at Dortmund, which was another big step. I have a lot to thank him for and Dortmund remains my home."

Sounds good, I already thought Klopp is important to him, he can stay for another few years <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom