• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hipRK.png

I was supposed to do Lewandowski avatars for PrematureQuiche's mate wasn't I?

Brinbe

Would be quite pleased with Moutinho... definitely seems like a player they've probably kept tabs on for years since his Sporting days and are moving on now that he's proven himself on the big stage. Hopefully, something comes of it because wooo midfield signing!

And not sure how accurate those reports are on our supposed interest in Lucas Moura (and really, after that large bid by Chelsea was rejected, it's hard to believe we'd splash the required cash) but I'd be ecstatic if we're showing genuine interest. Exactly the type of young high-end signing we should be after, since if we're gonna spend, it might as well be on someone that could do the job over the long-term. Wouldn't be disappointed if we missed out on Hazard for him.

The prospect of this guy playing all over in attack with the players we already have? Mouth-watering
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4_xKrs2Xw

Ashes

Banned
Best of luck, I was shaking as I checked mind.

Apparently QPR have bid £5m for Park. Another profit on the cards? It's the least they can do for us after they cost us the title the little shits.

Newcastle should step in with a better offer. No need to give him to QPR.

Zabojnik

Just look at it <3

Oh he is a defender btw, you wouldn't say that after watching the vid :D

I must say, he only played good in the second halve of the season. He was a wreck the first half'.

He seems to be a better striker than Mounir El Hamdaoui at least. :)

Yen

Sup dudes, I need Liverpool transfer gossip. 500 pages into Game of Thrones. S'allright, not much happens in the first 300 or so pages, still have 270 to go.

Sheds manly tears.

YESSS!!

I've watched like 4 hours of Forbrydelsen today and I can't stop :(

I watched the whole series bar the last two episodes, and then my dad deleted them off the sky box, so I don't know how it ends. :(

Arnie

Passed. 63 average from 6 results. Phew. That's a 2-1 right? I'll step it up for the final year. Now I can enjoy the tennis without my heart feeling like it's going to explode.

Sup dudes, I need Liverpool transfer gossip. 500 pages into Game of Thrones. S'allright, not much happens in the first 300 or so pages, still have 270 to go.
As a rule of thumb, not a lot happens in most of the books until the final third. It's all worth it though, the build up is what makes the good bits so good. See: Storm of Swords.

Passed. 63 average from 6 results. Phew. That's a 2-1 right? I'll step it up for the final year. Now I can enjoy the tennis without my heart feeling like it's going to explode.

As a rule of thumb, not a lot happens in most of the books until the final third. It's all worth it though, the build up is what makes the good bits so good. See: Storm of Swords.

Yep 2 - 1, seven off a first. Congrats! I get my first year results within the next couple of days pretty sure I've passed though.

Ashes

Banned

Depends on the formula your uni uses. More often then not, they decide the class, by being favourable to your best scores. But some unis work it out as a flat average. So you best get your act together and get scores into the 90s, just to make sure. Oh and congrats. :p

edit: Oh and I told you so!

Arnie

Yep 2 - 1, seven off a first. Congrats! I get my first year results within the next couple of days pretty sure I've passed though.

Depends on the formula your uni uses. More often then not, they decide the class, by being favourable to your best scores. But some unis work it out as a flat average. So you best get your act together and get scores into the 90s, just to make sure. Oh and congrats. :p

edit: Oh and I told you so!

Ta. Feels good to be officially sorted for the summer. Just poured myself a tall glass of semi-skimmed milk to celebrate.

In some schools, final year marks are worth considerably more than second year but to get a 1st you need to get at least a couple of A's in that third year

Arnie

In some schools, final year marks are worth considerably more than second year but to get a 1st you need to get at least a couple of A's in that third year

At University of Sheffield the 3rd year counts for double what the second year does I believe. Which is good if I harbour any aspirations of getting a first overall.

Woop congrats! Yep it's a comfortable 2-1. I'm guessing this year would have been weighted for about 1/4 of your course anyways.

Just started GoT, 50 pages in. It's slow and I already know what happens but enjoying the detail and description. First thing I noticed which was depicted differently in the shows is the height of Robert Baratheon, meant to be tall but seemed short in the show. Also I can't remember who exactly but I think it was Ned's elder brother who was meant to marry Caetlyn Tully? Again very minor but interesting tid bits which make it more intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom