• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Wayne Bridge could join Brighton on loan as early as today. City would end up paying a huge chunk of his wages. He's also now in his last year of contract.

City could renew interest in Gago.

Chelsea have been handed 13,000 tickets for the Community shield game with City. City will get the same. Villa Park holds 42,000.

David Silva could sign another long term contract with the club which would end links to Real Madrid, it's reported to be very close.

Kyoufu

Chelsea vs City community shield?

wat

Thought it was Champion vs Runner-up?

edit: Oh it's FA Cup winner vs PL winner now? How times have changed.

Meier

are there a lot of changes between football manager 2012 and 2011? i'm thinking about buying it at amazon.com

Some differences in the presentation (more views on the player, team, etc.) but not a lot that's all that noticeable to be honest. It's so cheap though, you really should upgrade to the new one. :D 2013 will be out in 3-4 months, but for something so cheap, you can't pass it up!

Wayne Bridge could join Brighton on loan as early as today. City would end up paying a huge chunk of his wages. He's also now in his last year of contract.

City are going to be held to ransom more and more by players. And by Wayne Bridge of all people haha

Best of luck, I was shaking as I checked mind.

Apparently QPR have bid £5m for Park. Another profit on the cards? It's the least they can do for us after they cost us the title the little shits.

Noooooooo!!!

Don't sell my park!

I feel like he did bad last year because Fergie kept playing him in CM along with Giggs. I think he'll have a better season this year. He could also help Shinji settle in at the club because he's fluent in Japanese.

Edit: Maybe they got the wrong Korean. There were rumors that Ki (celtics) was going to QPR.

Arnie

Woop congrats! Yep it's a comfortable 2-1. I'm guessing this year would have been weighted for about 1/4 of your course anyways.

Just started GoT, 50 pages in. It's slow and I already know what happens but enjoying the detail and description. First thing I noticed which was depicted differently in the shows is the height of Robert Baratheon, meant to be tall but seemed short in the show. Also I can't remember who exactly but I think it was Ned's elder brother who was meant to marry Caetlyn Tully? Again very minor but interesting tid bits which make it more intriguing.

Yes next year's the real important one, I'll have to put in maximum effort.

The book's great for detail into Ned Stark's life and family, specifically his sister. Take careful note when reading about Ned's brother and sister, it's something I don't think the show has put enough time into and I feel it may come round to bite them in the ass.

Meier

City are going to be held to ransom more and more by players. And by Wayne Bridge of all people haha

A large number of Hughes' signings didn't work out but he did hit a home run on a few guys. There's not as much new dead weight with Mancini's signings.. most all of them contribute even if they don't get to play as much as they'd like on occasion.

Clegg

Park hasn't been at his best for a few years now. He was dreadful against City last April and was just poor for most of the season. He's been a great player for us but we shouldn't let sentiment cloud our judgement. Sell him if we get a good enough offer.

pappe

Park hasn't been at his best for a few years now. He was dreadful against City last April and was just poor for most of the season. He's been a great player for us but we shouldn't let sentiment cloud our judgement. Sell him if we get a good enough offer.

This is true! But then why sell him to another BPL club when we can get more from him from any of the Asian clubs.

Arnie

I didn't really want Gaston Ramirez but I've just discovered that his middle name is Ezequiel. He looks like the most credible transfer target we have at the moment, despite us apparently targeting for 3-4 players. Don't know how we're keeping it all so quiet, compared to recent years anyway.

GorillaJu

Ferguson barely even ever plays him. Can't wait to see QPR become KOREA's TEAM!!!! as a new Japanese star joins United. There will be bitterness in South Korea.

He was good the season before last. He was shit this season because Fergie played him out of position and with Giggs. Those 2 cannot play CM together.

I don't think South Koreans are as bitter towards other countries as the Japanese are.

Wrong

Kyoufu

Gael-Bigirimana-newcastle.gif

Welcome to the club. Enjoy the bench.

lol no. A lot of times you'll see Japan hating on Korea + other countries.

Carbonox

Nice to see we wrapped up the Bilgi deal quickly. That's two young midfielders for us now this transfer window. Curtis Good will likely be the next player in, though he'd be like 5th choice CB or something. :lol

I do understand that bigger and more first-team-like players will take longer to wrap up though, so it's nice to see us quickly get some filler in in the mean-time.

Kyoufu

Nice to see we wrapped up the Bilgi deal quickly. That's two young midfielders for us now this transfer window. Curtis Good will likely be the next player in, though he'd be like 5th choice CB or something. :lol

I do understand that bigger and more first-team-like players will take longer to wrap up though, so it's nice to see us quickly get some filler in in the mean-time.

Get out of here with your positivity.

Hixx

The pics of Stiliyan Petrov in todays papers are fucking heartbreaking, he looks like he's aged 10 years in the space of what, 3-4 months?

Arnie

The pics of Stiliyan Petrov in todays papers are fucking heartbreaking, he looks like he's aged 10 years in the space of what, 3-4 months?
Aye, that video on the ITV website yesterday was really difficult to watch. He looks sort of, grey? So sad. Really do hope he beats it.

Yes next year's the real important one, I'll have to put in maximum effort.

The book's great for detail into Ned Stark's life and family, specifically his sister. Take careful note when reading about Ned's brother and sister, it's something I don't think the show has put enough time into and I feel it may come round to bite them in the ass.
Nice one, I'll keep that in mind!

Kyoufu

A lot of South Koreans don't like the Japanese (due to what happened in ww2). There's a bit of a rivalry between them. Morsel was right.

Right, but it's not Koreans who boycott Japanese products. It's not K-pop stars who throw a fit when J-pop stars are performing with them.

Though like you say, I'm sure there is some bad blood that runs both ways.

pappe

Fed is awesome, and I think Murray will have a better chance against him in the final.

Its irritating how every1 (mostly English) is just assuming that Murray will be in the finals. Beating Tsonga is no joke and frankly i dont see Murray beating Tsonga.

Ashes

Banned
Murray has no chance against Djokovic or Federer, nevermind Tsonga.

That sentence implies Tsonga is better than the other three in that sentence. And I think if you're that confident, you should bet on Tsonga to beat Murray at least. :p

sohois

Hasn't Murray beaten Tsonga in like the past 5 grand slams they have met? I have no idea really, but it seems that they get drawn in every grand slam I pay attention to and Murray always wins.

Mastadon

Banned
Its irritating how every1 (mostly English) is just assuming that Murray will be in the finals. Beating Tsonga is no joke and frankly i dont see Murray beating Tsonga.

Obviously it was implied that if Murray got to the final he'd have a better chance. I'm not sure why you don't see Murray beating Tsonga? It'll be close but Murray is the favourite. He has a great head to head record against him.

Ashes

Banned
oh shit! Djokovic choking. Nerves of fucking steel.
3 break points
2 break points
1 break point
break point saved.
deuce. Deuce 2. Deuce 3. Djokovic wins game. Federer still leads 4-2.

Mastadon

Banned
Yea but it is not a forgone conclusion as many suggest. Tsonga can easily beat Murray. Its too close to call imo.

Should be a great match. As a Brit I want to see Murray win, but Tsonga in a GS final would be awesome too.

Nole's GF is stunning.

Yen

That sentence implies Tsonga is better than the other three in that sentence. And I think if you're that confident, you should bet on Tsonga to beat Murray at least. :p

Yeah, whoops. Djok/Fed/Nadal > Tsonga > Murray in my opinion. Think Murray has a good record against Tsonga though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom