• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did he say?

'There is one person that I will never forgive for what he did to me - the previous coach.
'It's not just that. It was also the way he spoke to me and treated me.
'Right from the beginning, it was weird. I could not stand how he was treating me. I received no explanation.
'In training, he put me on the right or left wing. In training matches, I was a substitute with a shirt to keep swapping teams. I really learned nothing!

AVB being completely clueless was obvious from the moment he put Lukaku on the wing.

Jensen

Pretty good source that I know of says United bid for Moutinho is 20m EUROS, not pounds. And that it is still at least £5m (so about 8m Euro) short of what Porto are after. Spurs were very confident they would be able to sign him and are a little bit edgy now that United have started to sniff about.

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out, but for sure United's interest seems real and genuine. The bid however, is a bit of a low baller.
Porto won't sell him until we get close to what they think he is worth.

They make so much from selling their players and replace them with players who they sell on for profit a few seasons later, really impressive how they make so much money from transfers;

11/12 - £ 47.344.000
10/11 - £ 34.126.400
09/10 - £ 48.312.000
08/09 - £ 61.556.000
07/08 - £ 9.526.000
06/07 - £ 39.864.000
05/06 - £ 86.900.000

He's a kid. Can't take his word at face value, IMO. He was a bad buy, both for Chelsea and for Lukaku.

Lets wait until he permanently leaves the club before saying that. Dude just turned 19 a few months ago and still has more than enough time to prove himself. It's not like he was bought to get in and take the spot from Torres, Drogba and Sturridge the first year.

hipRK.png

I was supposed to do Lewandowski avatars for PrematureQuiche's mate wasn't I?

Oh shit....I totally forgot. haha. I am just catching up on the thread but don't worry he has only posted that one thing haha.

GorillaJu

I really have no idea what teams are going to go down this year, in all honesty Viva.

I have a really bad gut feeling that Laudrup's Swansea is going to have a torrid year. It would be a real victory for them to stay up and be in the PL for a third season. Then again, I thought Rodgers' Swansea would be shit last year. Underestimated the Welsh Iniesta!

I would guess... Norwich, West Ham and Wigan.

Lets wait until he permanently leaves the club before saying that. Dude just turned 19 a few months ago and still has more than enough time to prove himself. It's not like he was bought to get in and take the spot from Torres, Drogba and Sturridge the first year.

I mean it was a bad piece of business, not that he's a bad player. He should have stayed in Belgium and been top scorer again. He needs to be able to play more often than he has.

dc89

Porto won't sell him until we get close to what they think he is worth.

They make so much from selling their players and replace them with players who they sell on for profit a few seasons later, really impressive how they make so much money from transfers;

11/12 - £ 47.344.000
10/11 - £ 34.126.400
09/10 - £ 48.312.000
08/09 - £ 61.556.000
07/08 - £ 9.526.000
06/07 - £ 39.864.000
05/06 - £ 86.900.000

I think they have FFP nailed.

Hixx

West Ham won't go down, as much of a
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif
Sam Allardyce is, he knows how to stay in the PL.

I do think Wigan's lack of investment in the team will finally come down on them, though I said this last year too. Norwich a good shout as well, be interesting to see what Hughton can do with a squad that was very close-knit with Lambert.

GorillaJu

West Ham won't go down, as much of a
ibnYgO2KdQ3Hsn.gif
Sam Allardyce is, he knows how to stay in the PL.

I do think Wigan's lack of investment in the team will finally come down on them, though I said this last year too. Norwich a good shout as well, be interesting to see what Hughton can do with a squad that was very close-knit with Lambert.

I wonder how West Brom will do with Steve Clarke / Kevin Keen there. Some Liverpool fans blame Steve Clarke for our horrible season, while others think he was what saved us from a bottom-half finish. I hope he does well, personally, but given its his first year as a manager, it'd be hard not to include him among the relegation scrappers.

I mean it was a bad piece of business, not that he's a bad player. He should have stayed in Belgium and been top scorer again. He needs to be able to play more often than he has.

That would have been the best, however we can thank the stupid ass home grown rules for clubs like Chelsea picking up youngsters as soon as they can.

Is that for real? $7,328 gratuity , lucky server.

Yeah it is, haha

Carbonox

You want Guthrie and possibly Simpson to get relegated? :(

Meh, not my fault Reading is the team in question. :p

I want Guthrie to do well, irrelevant of the team's performance he's playing for. Simpson's a good player but his loyalties made me start to dislike him as a person.

Seems like Fryers has indeed left United to go to Spurs. Doubt we will ever find out if he is on that £20k p/w but that's what the rumour is.

Edit - Apparently SSN are saying it is indeed £20k p/w.

Kyoufu

He wants to be on par with the top earners. That is a ridiculous demand to suddenly jump up by 50k a week. Absolutely ridiculous demand.

I doubt he wants 50k a week. He wouldn't get that anywhere in the PL. Deserves more than 10k though.

Saying that, I have no love or affection for him. Debuchy please <3

I agree he deserves more. We offered somewhere between 25 and 30k IIRC (might be less). But he most certainly shouldn't have expected an even larger increase. That's just being an arsehole.

Guthrie is trying to get him to play for Reading. Wonder how much they'd pay him.

Carbonox

I doubt he wants 50k a week. He wouldn't get that anywhere in the PL. Deserves more than 10k though.

I agree he deserves more. We offered somewhere between 25 and 30k IIRC (might be less). But he most certainly shouldn't have expected an even larger increase. That's just being an arsehole.

Bumhead

Banned
I have a really bad gut feeling that Laudrup's Swansea is going to have a torrid year. It would be a real victory for them to stay up and be in the PL for a third season.

Second season syndrome is something that is difficult to deal with anyway but changing manager is an added complication. Lambert and Rodgers were both hugely influential in their clubs success not only in staying in the Premiership but getting there in the first place. It'll be really interesting to see how both clubs adapt without.

Wigan have got to go next season. They are circling the drain and as admirable as their continued fight is, eventually that string is going to break.

dc89

That new PS3 model which appeared on the FCC website, what are the chances of it being backwards compatible lol.

dc89

And that's what freaking sucks about PS3, it's just inexcusable.

(I own a PS3 btw, but I have never got over the lack of BC - not rich enough to buy a 60GB model :p )

Arnie

hahahaha that Villa player really does look like AVB.

Spain Under 19s versus Portugal later, excited. Going to stream it for some Suso magic.

Going to miss Park. It's forgotten by some, but he made some major contributions to our last title. Those goals against Wolves can't be underplayed discussing our title run that season - and, besides that, there were plenty of goals in big games. It would be more romantic to see him play out his twilight years back in Holland or Korea, rather than at the bottom-end of the PL, but he should do well.

Seems like Fryers has indeed left United to go to Spurs. Doubt we will ever find out if he is on that £20k p/w but that's what the rumour is.

Edit - Apparently SSN are saying it is indeed £20k p/w.

I can't blame some of these reserve kids, honestly. Especially in the case of someone like Fryers. Unlikely to ever have more than a bit-part role in the first team, just as likely to get sold for peanuts and low wages when you hit surplus for requirements in your early 20s like Norwood or Gibson. Might as well strike while the hype is there and hitch your wagon to big money and a greater chance at first team football.

Pogba's case is a bit more puzzling, because he had a clear long-term route to playing CL football as a first team regular, and the prestige and money that brings with it. That was a case of pure short-term drive. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom