• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Emulate on pc instead. [/masterrace]

image.php

Arnie

Impressive interview from Cole, I'm more than willing to give him a chance and hope he replicates the form he showed at Lille. I think he'll really fit into Rodgers' system.

Carbonox

Impressive interview from Cole, I'm more than willing to give him a chance and hope he replicates the form he showed at Lille. I think he'll really fit into Rodgers' system.

He definitely deserves another chance and I would love to see him in the Premier League again.

Arnie

He definitely deserves another chance and I would love to see him in the Premier League again.

He's such a likeable man that I'd love to see him succeed. Despite his poor season for us I think his age and experience, as well as his relationship with Rodgers will take a lot of the pressure off of him, something many signings struggle with when they move to Liverpool.

ATF487

I watched a few Lille games last season, at the time I thought Ligue 1 looked about his level but I'm willing to give him another chance with Brenny at the helm

Yen

What's this interview? "I have more to prove"/"I owe it to the fans"/"Don't write me off!"/"I promise to quit smoking"

Going to miss Park. It's forgotten by some, but he made some major contributions to our last title. Those goals against Wolves can't be underplayed discussing our title run that season - and, besides that, there were plenty of goals in big games. It would be more romantic to see him play out his twilight years back in Holland or Korea, rather than at the bottom-end of the PL, but he should do well.

I can't blame some of these reserve kids, honestly. Especially in the case of someone like Fryers. Unlikely to ever have more than a bit-part role in the first team, just as likely to get sold for peanuts and low wages when you hit surplus for requirements in your early 20s like Norwood or Gibson. Might as well strike while the hype is there and hitch your wagon to big money and a greater chance at first team football.

Pogba's case is a bit more puzzling, because he had a clear long-term route to playing CL football as a first team regular, and the prestige and money that brings with it. That was a case of pure short-term drive. Ah well.

I'll remember this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBGrnEObu34

Arnie

Me too.

This Bielsa business is clearly the news of the summer though. I'm happy with Lambert, but ejaculate at the thought of Bielsa at Villa.

EDIT: My condolences Sneaky77 :(

Probably massively optimistic but he'd have been perfect for Swansea. Shame really, I think Spurs would've actually been an excellent destination. Top manager, top man.

kharma45

Seems like Fryers has indeed left United to go to Spurs. Doubt we will ever find out if he is on that £20k p/w but that's what the rumour is.

Edit - Apparently SSN are saying it is indeed £20k p/w.

Crazy amount of money to pay an unproven teenager who in showings for us never set the world alight.

We've arguably a better young left-back a year behind him in Tyler Blackett too coming through.

Ashes

Banned
I'm having that moment of disbelief, where rationally speaking, I predicted Murray to beat Tsonga, at least I think I did, and now Murray is in the final.

Well, he has to lose now surely. Yeah, he has a good record against Federer, but he can't win Wimbledon, surely.

/surreal.

Meier

Interesting, Goal are suggesting that City are not willing to make RVP the highest paid player on the team and that the £225k offer is not in fact on the table. They suggest the effective cap right now is £198k per week which is what Aguero and Yaya make.

It had been widely reported that Van Persie, who turns 29 next month, had already agreed terms, in principle, on a £225k-a-week contract with City that would see him follow the path trodden by both Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy, who moved from Arsenal to the blue half of Manchester this time last year.

Goal.com understands, however, that the Premier League champions are unwilling to go above their basic ceiling of £198k-a-week, earned by the likes of Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero, for a player with a history of serious knee and ankle injuries.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...r-city-refuse-to-break-wage-structure-for-van

Made up for the Mongoose. Well done Andy Murray.

Can't believe Bielsa has quit. No idea if he would have wanted to work in England but some of the English clubs would have loved him as manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom