• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Started a FIFA campaign as Juventus. Went to buy Asamoah. Udinese accepted an inflated bid because they're "rivals". Asamoah turns down my contract offer cos he wants more money. Offered him - for a laugh - 500k a week. Asamoah turns it down because he wants more money. Next day Asamoah goes to Atletico Bilbao.

This fucking game.

PS: I know Asamoah has joined/is joining Juventus in real life and I could easily just use the main menu team management to put him on the team but there's no fun in that is there?

Arnie

Oh god, we haven't been linked have we.

Fuck me, not more of this.

The sudden disdain for Van Persie's footballing talents is grating to say the least. Can you imagine that sort of comment in the middle of last season when he was in the middle of his pomp, scoring goals for fun and singlehandedly pulling Arsenal to results.

The guy grabbed Arsenal by the scruff of his neck and pulled them into the Champions League places, imagine what he'd do for any prospective people actually capable of challenging for the title. Like, say, Chelsea.

Az

For all of you fellow Batman lovers, watch out for the spoiler thread. Critics got to see the it today so I am guessing spoilers will leak.

The sudden disdain for Van Persie's footballing talents is grating to say the least. Can you imagine that sort of comment in the middle of last season when he was in the middle of his pomp, scoring goals for fun and singlehandedly pulling Arsenal to results.

The guy grabbed Arsenal by the scruff of his neck and pulled them into the Champions League places, imagine what he'd do for any prospective people actually capable of challenging for the title. Like, say, Chelsea.

I'd jizz myself skeletal if we signed Van Persie

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chelsea? Why not?

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Started a FIFA campaign as Juventus. Went to buy Asamoah. Udinese accepted an inflated bid because they're "rivals". Asamoah turns down my contract offer cos he wants more money. Offered him - for a laugh - 500k a week. Asamoah turns it down because he wants more money. Next day Asamoah goes to Atletico Bilbao.

This fucking game.

I wouldn't go as far as calling our feeder club rivals
Y8Ekj.gif

EXI6F.jpg

This is how you dress when you sign for a club, Elia.

For all of you fellow Batman lovers, watch out for the spoiler thread. Critics got to see the it today so I am guessing a spoilers will leak.

Thanks, was gonna pop in cos I thought it was all still under wraps. I;ve avoided eveything except for a couple of photos so far.

Anyone wanna play some Killzone 2?

Sloosha

Where did I express my disdain for RVP's footballing talents in my post. It was more a response to Chelsea potentially going crazy this transfer window. Just been reading up on the Schweinsteiger links. Silly season indeed.

Arnie

Where did I express my disdain for RVP's footballing talents in my post. It was more a response to Chelsea potentially going crazy this transfer window. Just been reading up on the Schweinsteiger links. Silly season indeed.

Perhaps I took it wrongly and saw it as you intimating you wouldn't want him, I guess I was already coming from such an angle because I'd just read people describe him as old, injury prone and a one season wonder. The guy's the best striker in the league, without question.

Rooney is better.

Edit - Aguero will prove to be better too IMO. Reckon Tevez is better too but he's a JT to the point where he harms his usefulness.

Bumhead

Banned
Everyone else from UK FootyGAF experiencing torrential rain and/or flood warnings?

The river Don that runs through Sheffield is extremely high and close to bursting. Hope it holds off. Could do without a repeat of this:

Lightning

Banned
Perhaps I took it wrongly and saw it as you intimating you wouldn't want him, I guess I was already coming from such an angle because I'd just read people describe him as old, injury prone and a one season wonder. The guy's the best striker in the league, without question.
Yeah. Sucks that he wants to leave us!

Sloosha

He was great last season. I watched very little of the Euros, so my opinions of him have not been marred by his Holland performances.

Arnie

Rooney is better.

Edit - Aguero will prove to be better too IMO. Reckon Tevez is better too but he's a JT to the point where he harms his usefulness.

Don't agree, and I'm not going to get into factoring in potential, it's murky territory. As it stands, as of today (and tomorrow), RVP is the best out and out striker in the Premier League. Yes Rooney can track back, and yes Aguero can dribble, but neither of them can score goals as well as Van Persie.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Haha, don't get me wrong! He's fantastic, one of the best in the world last season, no question about that.

We have no (proper) strikers in our squad, and I'd rather see us spend that money wisely.. Robin IS old, and his wage demands are ridiculous. Can he guarantee us an injury-free career and consistency in three competitions? Our other targets are younger, and demand way less than him.

Only over their careers, all 3 have proved otherwise. Most certainly in the cases of Rooney and Tevez and I believe Aguero is going to do so too, he already has a good record.

RVP had an amazing season. He was the leagues best striker, he was the leagues best player. He was one of the best 5 players in Europe.

I don't give him any of those accolades in a general sense though, because it was one season (perhaps one a half) at that level. Others have shown more consistency.

Carbonox

Everyone else from UK FootyGAF experiencing torrential rain and/or flood warnings?

The river Don that runs through Sheffield is extremely high and close to bursting. Hope it holds off. Could do without a repeat of this:

My town doesn't get floods, luckily. Rain has been irritating though. YO SUMMER WHEN U START?

kharma45

Good deal we got from QPR for Park, selling him for £5million actually makes us a profit on his transfer fee, plus I'm sure we did very well from merchandising, plus he was a good team player which doesn't hurt.

Arnie

Bielsa false alarm, Bielsa false alarm, I repeat, Bielsa false alarm.

At least until another outlet reports the contrary.

That's the second time I've been swizzed by Marca in two days. Lesson learnt.

Well agree to disagree about Van Persie. I believe he's a better striker than all those mentioned at this moment in time.

Also, with this short video I'll officially say Suso > Cleverley. Such a nice piece of skill.
It is debatable for sure, I guess we will find out. I think Suarez will throw his name into the mix this coming year too.

Suso looks great. Wonderful technique. For some reason left footed players just look...better. Unless you're called Carroll lol.

Wow that was quick, later Ji. Kinda sad but it's a good deal for us. Writing was on the wall when we removed him from all the advertising today. People in S Korea must be heart broken.

Zabojnik

Sborry! God, we must stop buying all these USELESS players. Can't believe we spent 12M€ for fucking Martinez and about the same for Elia. That's 24M€ + wages for ... nothing, absolutely nothing. At least Krasic had a great first half of his first season with us.

MPW

Bye Modric :(

modric would be great for madrid

and sell players like kaka and lass

This fucking game.

PS: I know Asamoah has joined/is joining Juventus in real life and I could easily just use the main menu team management to put him on the team but there's no fun in that is there?

bwhahaha

Sloosha

Good deal we got from QPR for Park, selling him for £5million actually makes us a profit on his transfer fee, plus I'm sure we did very well from merchandising, plus he was a good team player which doesn't hurt.

So the Korean going to QPR is PJS, not KSY... Well unless they are in for Ki as well. Don't want QPR to be the Korean club :(

Arnie

It is debatable for sure, I guess we will find out. I think Suarez will throw his name into the mix this coming year too.
I think Suarez still has a long way to go, he' still not consistent enough. His hat trick against Norwich showed he's got all the ability in the world though.
For some reason reminds me of when Anderson was once exciting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4FKBkyZOc
Please don't even begin to compare the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom