• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put WoodenLung on suicide watch.

He just wanted me to panic.... and he did manage that.
LLShC.gif

He is leaving though, no doubt. Hopefully for more money though, Rubin Kazan will pay up!

Was he teasing the Brondby fans while celebrating? :lol I'd like him.

Is he good enough, though? I don't know the level of the danish league.

Danish league is shit, but he's good. Not top club in England or Spain good, but he has shown in champions league and Europe league more than enough times he can dominate games against world class defenders. He was teasing the fans haha, he can't speak Danish or anything but he knows the "We hate BIF (Brøndby) chant haha, he got the biggest Ultra groups logo tattooed last year, the management were not exactly thrilled especially since they were having a big conflict with them at the time.

IMGF1.jpg

Will miss him so much when he's gone, think I have already seen him here for the last time, the club rejected 7.5 mil euros from Rubin Kazan and apparently Galatasaray will now bid more.

Fry

Danish league is shit, but he's good. Not top club in England or Spain good, but he has shown in champions league and Europe league more than enough times he can dominate games against world class defenders.

I don't remember much of Copenhagen in the CL. I do recall it back in 2011 when you lost to Chelsea, I think Anelka killed the match. You should know it better than anyone though. =p

Wagner Love is in Rubin now? That guy is hilarious, doubt N'Doye will go though, he hates cold weather and his wife can't stand the danish winters. Chelsea game was terrible but oh well, that's what happens when you got a 3 months winter break because the rest of the Danish teams are too shitty to have proper pitches in the winter.

qindarka

Banned
There was nothing wrong with JT celebrating the CL victory. Players celebrate victories all the time despite not playing in the final (or not playing at all). People are just singling him out because they already don't like him.

LegoArmo

There was nothing wrong with JT celebrating the CL victory. Players celebrate victories all the time despite not playing in the final (or not playing at all). People are just singling him out because they already don't like him.

There's a little difference between not playing, and not playing because you kneed someone in the back and tried your best to cost your team the semi final with your idiocy.

dc89

The guy shouldn't give so many reasons as not to like him then.

qindarka

Banned
The CL run wasn't all about one game and Terry did his part in at least 10 other CL matches. One moment of idiocy in Barcelona doesn't nullify all his contributions which if looking at the whole campaign, is still a net positive.

Salazar

The CL run wasn't all about one game and Terry did his part in at least 10 other CL matches. One moment of idiocy in Barcelona doesn't nullify all his contributions which if looking at the whole campaign, is still a net positive.

Even if you were inclined to buy him a drink for some reason, he'd piss in it and drop it on your shoes.

I expect him to wear an armband in retirement.

jtb

Banned
anyways, pretty sure the only reason anyone even bitches about JT celebrating after the CL final (besides being an asshole of the highest order) is because of that other captain who refused to celebrate due to his suspension after that heroic performance in Turin.

and let's not pretend like Keane isn't also a giant asshole.

it was a dickish thing to do (and the Keane comparison obviously bodes horribly for him), but the main dickish thing was how he went about it.

qindarka

Banned
Right, I'm sorry for bringing this Terry incident up again. I am a Chelsea fan and admit that I am biased and that we will never really agree on this.

rodvik

This is correct. I have come to enjoy JT for who he is, its like Alien "I admire his purity" 8)

Hieberrr

Are we still talking about the JT CL "incident"?

I thought it was funny
KuGsj.gif
I wouldn't consider it dickish... I mean, let the dude celebrate with his team (even though no one likes him).

neoanarch

John Terry celebrating in a full kit when he was suspended for the final is both hilarious and makes him a twat. There is not getting around that. That was the reason for the reaction not the fact that he was celebrating.

John Terry celebrating in a full kit when he was suspended for the final is both hilarious and makes him a twat. There is not getting around that. That was the reason for the reaction not the fact that he was celebrating.

Ramires and Ivanovic were twats too then? They were also in full gear, pretty sure Meireles was too. No what makes Terry a twat was kneeing Sanchez, not fucking celebrating in his kit.

Hieberrr

Fair enough. Being dressed in the full kit was a little :|

GorillaJu

duncan jenkins @duncanjenkinsFC

hearing gaston ramirez to ‪#lfc‬ is on (not done, on) with the fee £16m pound. i first reported interest back in january

Finally, time to be officially excited.

dc89

Wow. Preston North End players call the PFA in after 8 of them received a text message from Graham Westley telling them to stay away from training. Banned Newspaper are claiming this is the message sent:

"You are one of the 8 players that I expect to have left the club by the start of the season. Accordingly, as you have been told, you will be joining a special training routine during pre-season and will not be included in the 1st team squad training. Your training programme begins on Tuesday July 10, not July 3. I will send more details nearer the time. You are free to meet prospective employers between now and then. Please inform me before you attend any meeting. Do not attend the cub training ground and do not go abroad. You may be required on the same day to attend a transfer meeting. Details for July 10 will be with you in due course. In the mean time, please keep following the pre season work you were given. GW"

the players who he wants rid of include Coutts and Hume who are considered the clubs best players.

The guys an arse. In January he said "I've had to tread around some of the most mediocre standards I have ever seen in my life."

He's brought in 12 players since the end of the season.

They are going to get relegated.

Salazar

Wow. Preston North End players call the PFA in after 8 of them received a text message from Graham Westley telling them to stay away from training. Banned Newspaper are claiming this is the message sent:

Charming.

This is the knobhead in question, making those hand movements that managers without a grain of tactical intellect tend to make.

Fry

Bayern bid 30m for Marchisio? The fuck?

In other news:

Salomon Kalou has signed a four year deal with #Lille, various French sources reporting. #LOSC

dc89

Iain Hume kept them in league one last season. Also the guy deserves a break after that injury he suffered. Horrific injury.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bayern bid 30m for Marchisio? The fuck?

In other news:

Salomon Kalou has signed a four year deal with #Lille, various French sources reporting. #LOSC

From Hazard to Kalou. The poor swines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom