• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Holy hell! More PNE craziness.

Richard Wright signed about a week ago. Richard Wright has already left the club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Manchester United lost nine of the final 11 competitive matches that Park Ji-Sung started for them in 2011-12.

-

n7aIa.jpg

In other
bullshit
TuttoSport news ... Bayern bid 30M€ for Marchisio, rejected.

Anything involving a Bayern deal is fake. We burned that bridge a long time ago
wjgOD.gif
wjgOD.gif

I know most probably don't care but I am excited to read that my local club DC United is getting new investors. DCU is the most decorated club in MLS and I regret not following the team earlier in my life. For years we've had incompetent management and owners with little money. The club has desperately needed a new stadium due to losing money while playing at RFK and the crumbling status of the stadium. There have been threats to move the team to Baltimore. With new investors I won't have to worry about my club moving away and will look forward to having a new home for the team.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/st...inority-owners-purchase-dc-united-mls-sources
That's great news for you! How many titles do DCU have? All I really know about DCU is that Freddy Adu used to play for them and he was meant to be the best thing ever.

Zabojnik

Video of Sammer at Bayern:
http://mediencenter.sport1.de/de/video/fussball/index.html#/0,0_7iyqvxrr

So, Bayern actually got a new coach after all. This season will be tough as shit, Sammer will kick guys like Kroos' ass so bad, it's not even funny and they will be either almost unbeatable or cry in the corner.

How did Borussia fans take the news? Do you even care? Is Sammer considered a club legend? Well, legend may be taking it to far, but he did spend something like 10 years with Dortmund, right? As player and as coach.

Lightning

Banned
Video of Sammer at Bayern:
http://mediencenter.sport1.de/de/video/fussball/index.html#/0,0_7iyqvxrr

So, Bayern actually got a new coach after all. This season will be tough as shit, Sammer will kick guys like Kroos' ass so bad, it's not even funny and they will be either almost unbeatable or cry in the corner.
LOL. Dortmund have the players to beat any team. Klopp as built a fantastic group of players at Dortmund and imo they are a better and more complete team than Bayern. Dortmund's strike power is impressive and that Lewandowski is an excellent striker.

How did Borussia fans take the news? Do you even care? Is Sammer considered a club legend? Well, legend may be taking it to far, but he did spend something like 10 years with Dortmund, right? As player and as coach.

I think most fans care because Nerlinger was a living joke and with Sammer, they have someone that actually has a clue what he's doing. This will make Bayern stronger (or it'll end in chaos if Sammer and Hoeneß fight lol).

For Sammer himself, well, I don't really care that much to be honest. Yes, he spent some years here but he doesn't have the status of a Michael Zorc for example.

LOL. Dortmund have the players to beat any team. Klopp as built a fantastic group of players at Dortmund and imo they are a better and more complete team than Bayern. Dortmund's strike power is impressive and that Lewandowski is an excellent striker.
That's why I said "almost" unbeatable. Dortmund vs Bayern will be awesome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumour: 'PSG offered 30 million for David Villa'

Leonardo is on GAF isn't he?

And the toilet papers are saying we switched our focus to Stevan Jovetic.

--Jovetic--
--Giovinco--

Not too bad eh?

Zabojnik

Rumour: 'PSG offered 30 million for David Villa'

Leonardo is on GAF isn't he?

And the toilet papers are saying we switched our focus to Stevan Jovetic.

--Jovetic--
--Giovinco--

Not too bad eh?

I don't know. Jovetić is fantastic, when he isn't injured, when it comes to Giovinco though ... we'll just have to wait and see. Fool me once ... I think Conte can mold him into the player he was supposed to be, but Seba is a bit of a JT, so you can never be sure. If it wasn't meant to be, we'll ship him off to Napoli next year and take Cavani, thank you very much.

n_20120705180627_del_piero_il_mio_cartellino.jpg

Stevan is probably the closest thing to a Del Piero successor. Can't believe he's actually 185cm @ 80kg. He has the movements of much smaller technical player.

So Greg Stobart believes United will get £2.5m for Park up front and then another £2.5m if QPR stay in the PL. That sounds fair, come on QPR, you can do it!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know. Jovetić is fantastic, when he isn't injured, when it comes to Giovinco though ... we'll just have to wait and see. Fool me once ... I think Conte can mold him into the player he was supposed to be, but Seba is a bit of a JT, so you can never be sure. If it wasn't meant to be, we'll ship him off to Napoli next year and take Cavani, thank you very much.

Stevan is probably the closest thing to a Del Piero successor. Can't believe he's actually 185cm @ 80kg. He has the movements of much smaller technical player.

He has the facial features of a smaller face too.

Jovetic1.jpg

RVP is fantastic when he isn't lying on the medical table too
9EuUE.gif
vOn8a.gif

And for some reason, I believe in Gio again. Granted that 12 of his 15 goals were scored on small/mid table teams, but still..

Ramires and Ivanovic were twats too then? They were also in full gear, pretty sure Meireles was too. No what makes Terry a twat was kneeing Sanchez, not fucking celebrating in his kit.

Meireles, Ramires and Ivan...
Get out of here with your damn reasoning!

People see what they want to see, and that's the hight of it really. At the end of the day, it was Chelsea's celebration and the vast majority of Chelsea fans wanted to see him lift it. Moaning about JT is just other fans way of getting involved in something that really didn't concern them.

In fact, people who hate JT sort of baffle me. I get why he's disliked, but there are loads of players from other teams I hate, but the last thing I want to do is sit and talk about them all the time.

Clegg

SAF gets a lot of stick for "ruining" Anderson but I don't think thats really his fault. Anderson started off very well but injuries and attitude problems have stifled his development.

And I don't buy the assertation that Anderson was some genius attacking midfielder who was shoehorned into a CM role that suited him poorly. He's never shown that he was an accurate enough passer to be great in that role and his goalscoring record is appalling.

He has/had a great burst of power and acceleration that was great for a CM. He just doesn't have the fitness required for it imo.

Bumhead

Banned
Wow. Preston North End players call the PFA in after 8 of them received a text message from Graham Westley telling them to stay away from training. Banned Newspaper are claiming this is the message sent:

"You are one of the 8 players that I expect to have left the club by the start of the season. Accordingly, as you have been told, you will be joining a special training routine during pre-season and will not be included in the 1st team squad training. Your training programme begins on Tuesday July 10, not July 3. I will send more details nearer the time. You are free to meet prospective employers between now and then. Please inform me before you attend any meeting. Do not attend the cub training ground and do not go abroad. You may be required on the same day to attend a transfer meeting. Details for July 10 will be with you in due course. In the mean time, please keep following the pre season work you were given. GW"

the players who he wants rid of include Coutts and Hume who are considered the clubs best players.

The guys an arse. In January he said "I've had to tread around some of the most mediocre standards I have ever seen in my life."

He's brought in 12 players since the end of the season.

They are going to get relegated.

Crazy goings on. There's clearly more going on at Preston than meets the eye, but even on the face it it looks like Westley is painfully out of his depth. Preston are a good club that deserves better. I know they have financial issues, but Westley looks to be approaching the situation with a very small time manager attitude.

It's disappointing for Preston because League One is going to be wide open this season. With all due respect to the division, the 3 sides who got promoted last year were head and shoulders above the rest of the league apart from United. With those 3 sides gone and United crippled financially, with all of their best players either sold, likely to be sold, likely to leave for nothing or in prison, there's a real chance for the rest of the division to step up. Preston will be incredibly disappointed if they're not one of the clubs in the running to take advantage of that.

Get out of here with your damn reasoning!

People see what they want to see, and that's the hight of it really. At the end of the day, it was Chelsea's celebration and the vast majority of Chelsea fans wanted to see him lift it. Moaning about JT is just other fans way of getting involved in something that really didn't concern them.

In fact, people who hate JT sort of baffle me. I get why he's disliked, but there are loads of players from other teams I hate, but the last thing I want to do is sit and talk about them all the time.
JT does continuously give people reason to talk about him though, more than anybody else. Wayne Rooney runs him closest I suppose, but even Rooney's record is relatively clean compared to JT's :lol

Anyway, the JT "haterade" will reach fever pitch next week when he tries to defend himself against allegations (and almost self perjure) that he called Anton Ferdinand a "black JT". That should be fun!

SAF gets a lot of stick for "ruining" Anderson but I don't think thats really his fault. Anderson started off very well but injuries and attitude problems have stifled his development.

And I don't buy the assertation that Anderson was some genius attacking midfielder who was shoehorned into a CM role that suited him poorly. He's never shown that he was an accurate enough passer to be great in that role and his goalscoring record is appalling.

He has/had a great burst of power and acceleration that was great for a CM. He just doesn't have the fitness required for it imo.
Before even getting to on pitch matters Anderson has made life difficult for himself. His fitness is quite frankly a joke and the way he behaves when he does end up injured is ridiculous, two car crashes I think now, and last time he was lucky he escaped a DUI charge. Muppet.

I think the management did make some mistakes with Anderson but it's his fault more than anybody else's. He has had some clear bad luck and problems but he hasn't been professional or serious enough about his career to warrant any further sympathy or patience. I don't think playing in CM was a bad idea for him, as you say he would be too wasteful up front and his terrible injuries slowed his pace and feet down, plus he said himself early on he wanted to play CM. If there has been one mistake it's been chopping and changing him too much, he needs a run of games and we never really gave him that...obv. injuries didn't help.

Anyway, as I said, doesn't take his career at United seriously enough so we should let him go and just be done with it.

Jensen

John Terry celebrating in a full kit when he was suspended for the final is both hilarious and makes him a twat. There is not getting around that. That was the reason for the reaction not the fact that he was celebrating.
The suspended players had to the wear the kit if they joined the celebrations, I'm guessing due to sponsorship reasons.

I don't understand the furore over him joining the celebrations, he has been at Chelsea for his entire career and has been the captain for a most of that time. The guy has seen his team come so close to winning the UCL a few times that I can't blame him for joining in.

Rad-

I have always liked Anderson and seen his potential but his lack of stamina and injuries are really annoying. They fuck up his form every season. It would be better for him too if he moved to a "softer" league. He could play more games per season I bet.

Clegg

Before even getting to on pitch matters Anderson has made life difficult for himself. His fitness is quite frankly a joke and the way he behaves when he does end up injured is ridiculous, two car crashes I think now, and last time he was lucky he escaped a DUI charge. Muppet.

I think the management did make some mistakes with Anderson but it's his fault more than anybody else's. He has had some clear bad luck and problems but he hasn't been professional or serious enough about his career to warrant any further sympathy or patience. I don't think playing in CM was a bad idea for him, as you say he would be too wasteful up front and his terrible injuries slowed his pace and feet down, plus he said himself early on he wanted to play CM. If there has been one mistake it's been chopping and changing him too much, he needs a run of games and we never really gave him that...obv. injuries didn't help.

Anyway, as I said, doesn't take his career at United seriously enough so we should let him go and just be done with it.

Who would even be interested in in buying Anderson? I can't see us selling for less than £10m though. Then we'll need a new midfielder coming in.

Don't know who that might be though as every United fan I've talked to has a different idea on what kind of player we need.

GorillaJu

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
There are some important updates about Ramirez and Liverpool.Nothing like 'Yes,they buy'or'no,they don't'.But it is a new situation

Liverpool talked again with Bologna,hoping the request of 20m € would start to decrease.But Bologna answered again with same price,bcs (1)

meanwhile,Napoli (much more than Juventus)asked infos about Ramirez,and showed interest,so Bologna was assured in policy of keeping price

But,this time,Liverpool didn't said no,and asked time - some days to valuate the situation and definitely come next week with a bid.

That's because,so far,actually the only official bid received by Bologna for Ramirez is 13m € from Wolfsburg(immediately turned down)

So,likely next Wed, ‪#lfc‬ should come with first official bid.If - if - will be close to the 20m €,then talks will turn into negotiations

Sounds believable. Hope we don't fuck around for too long. Napoli might want to reinvest some of the Lavezzi money if they see Gastón as a replacement.

JT does continuously give people reason to talk about him though, more than anybody else. Wayne Rooney runs him closest I suppose, but even Rooney's record is relatively clean compared to JT's :lol

Anyway, the JT "haterade" will reach fever pitch next week when he tries to defend himself against allegations (and almost self perjure) that he called Anton Ferdinand a "black JT". That should be fun!
My point is more so that most of the JT hatred comes from off the field scandal, which personally, as a football fan I don't concern myself with. Whether it's in regard to players I like or dislike.

Using Rooney as an example (who I don't particularly dislike). When I heard about him banging old prostitutes, I really couldn't care less. When you then get a bunch of football fans going on about it, it really stinks of a bunch of women gossiping over their latest issue of Heat magazine.

Of course many players do terrible things off the pitch, but I'm not going to pretend like it concerns me or makes me think any less of that person as an athlete. The athlete aspect being the part of their character which does concern me.

I support JT as a footballer in the team I support. I'm not trying to be his mate. So why people get upset about the things he does, or any player does (unless it's on the pitch), really goes over my head.

As a bonus gripe. It also seems that people who are publicly disliked seem to get more shit attached to them than even they deserve. For example, I remember somebody asked why JT was so disliked. Bungie come on with a big post listing all JT's transgressions (seemed slightly obsessive since as a Chelsea fan, I had even forgot about some of them). Anyway, one of the things he listed was how, as he put it, JT assaulted a club door man. Now even Bungie went on to acknowledge he was found not guilty and had fought in self defence. yet he still used it as something to further stain his character, even though he wasn't found guilty of anything. Now, I consider Bungie a rational person, but when rational people start listing things for the sake of it, it comes across as a bit sad. I mean, by that same logic, Redknapp (a sports personally I dislike) is a tax dodger, even though he was found not to be.

Salazar

Eh, it matters to me when a player is a nice bloke off the pitch.

I like Mata, for example, because he's a lucid, funny, intelligent, seemingly even-tempered guy who cares about books, history, culture, Taylor Swift.

It only makes sense that I care when, on the other hand, a player is a total prick off the pitch.

I see where you're coming from, though. A bit.

Kyoufu

I don't dislike JT because he's a JT off the pitch. Footballers being JTs outside of football is nothing new.

Kneeing Sanchez at the Barca game though, that's just typical JT. Only a JT would do that during a big game.

Anyway I don't think I can hate Chelsea as much as I used to since Torres is still the man with the golden gun, and Hazard looks phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom