• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many girls I know reading 50 Shades of Grey?

I couldn't believe it, but the Guardian actually dedicated an entire piece to explaining why. The crux comes down to it being unabashed, fembot-inhabited erotica not trying to pose as anything else. Basically, the appeal of sexy-time and the security of a fantasy billionaire boyfriend. I'd say its author picked the perfect time to write it then.

And then I went over to Slate and caught an article examining Kanye West's lyrics for some kind of profound message on lesbianism. Fuck it. It's all about marketing these days.

Carbonox

I couldn't believe it, but the Guardian actually dedicated an entire piece to explaining why. The crux comes down to it being unabashed, fembot-inhabited erotica not trying to pose as anything else. Basically, the appeal of sexy-time and the security of a fantasy billionaire boyfriend. I'd say its author picked the perfect time to write it then.

And then I went over to Slate and caught an article examining Kanye West's lyrics for some kind of profound message on lesbianism. Fuck it. It's all about marketing these days.

Not looking forward to the inevitable 50 Shades films and the girls going mad for it. Seriously grating how often they go on about the books.

dc89

There's a picture on a City forum of supposed Daily Mail back page tomorrow. They are running with the Mancini to Russia story too.

I'm getting a bit nervous.

Hixx

Brian McNally reckons we're finally going to bid for Fletcher this week. Hope it's true, we need to start bringing in players as our squad is looking a bit thin now...

Jensen

There's a picture on a City forum of supposed Daily Mail back page tomorrow. They are running with the Mancini to Russia story too.

I'm getting a bit nervous.
Sounds like Mancini's agent really wants to get his client a large pay rise.

dc89

Sounds like Mancini's agent really wants to get his client a large pay rise.

Well it's well known his party and City have been discussing a new contrat since the season finishes, some figures were bounded around and he'd become the best paid manager in the league etc.

But it's disconcerting it's still not done and that makes me think is that why we've not signed anyone yet! Cause we don't know if we can tie him down.

GAH! It needs resolving ASAP.

Kyoufu

Roberto Di Matteo has warned Fernando Torres there are no guarantees that he will be number one striker at Chelsea next season.

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO EURO 2012 GOLDEN BOOT WINNER THIS WAY!

Roberto Di Matteo has warned Fernando Torres there are no guarantees that he will be number one striker at Chelsea next season

"They will all have to fight for their position and there is healthy competition. Whomever is in the best form and can give the best for the team will be playing."

Really news worthy stuff, "the best players will play". Find me any manager who doesn't say the same, lol

Ashes

Banned
Roberto Di Matteo has warned Fernando Torres there are no guarantees that he will be number one striker at Chelsea next season.

To be fair to Torres; he isn't totally shite any more. Fair play, he's trying to get over whatever caused his playing level to drop by a 1000%

K1LLER7

To be fair to Torres; he isn't totally shite any more. Fair play, he's trying to get over whatever caused his playing level to drop by a 1000%

Yeah he's improved. His best performance last season was against United (old trafford) except for the sitter he missed. IMO he'll never get back to his Liverpool form after all the injuries he's had, but it's good to see him improving.

^ Nope, we're getting Steve Bruce out of retirement and using him in Midfield. No value in the market and all that.

Clegg

I don't think we can say Torres has improved at all. He scored twice against the worst team in the tournament and then against an Italy side that was already beaten and were down to ten men. He was awful against Italy in the group stages too.

rodvik

Di Matteo wont finish next season as Chelsea manager.

Ashes

Banned
I don't think we can say Torres has improved at all. He scored twice against the worst team in the tournament and then against an Italy side that was already beaten and were down to ten men. He was awful against Italy in the group stages too.

So he scored about as many as he did in 2011. :p

Someone photoshop Torres calling the shots from the sideline.
qnKpQ.png

Arnie

@SkySportsPeteO: Sky Sports understands Sheffield Wednesday are weighing up a move for Marlon Harewood. #swfc http://t.co/yofvtMAI

Oh god.
Hahahahaha fucking brilliant. We tried to get that rumour starting a couple of years ago on deadline day. We were doing an exam at hillsborough and we all tweeted in that we saw him.

Just spent the last 2 hours in A and E after my brother got too drunk and passed out outside a pub. He's a fucking moron. Had to shephard him home and put him to be the JT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom