• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoArmo

I just wanted to say Hi to football gaf. It's my first post on neogaf, wooooo! I've been lurking the forums for years and now I finally pulled the trigger. My registration took only one day, I thought I would have to wait months before I could start posting.

I'm 25 years old and a huge Dortmund supporter since my childhood days, so I've experienced everything from the clubs golden era in the nineties, the near-bankruptcy in 2005 and of course the return to the top of the Bundesliga's table under Jürgen Klopp :) I know there are a few other Borussen on gaf, so I'm looking forward to top quality discussions about the club and football in general lol
I swear I waited over a year to be activated! Welcome to the forum, man. Always nice to have more Dortmund fans about, great club.

It will be interesting. Gervinho was banging them in at Lille but has flopped in the PL, Chamakh as well. Both Ligue 1 winning strikers, both dreadful in England. Podolski will presumably replace Gervinho on the left but he's hardly a great goal scorer either. If they don't score regularly then Arenal are in trouble, because that defense was hauled into third place with RVPs goals.

Well, he can be. He scored 34 goals in two season in a terrible Köln team. But he is not when played out of position like in the German national team or at Arsenal next season...

Salazar

tumblr_m6qzenfms41qby7yon1.jpg

Diego in his Internacional shirt.

Kyoufu

Robert Pires, the former Arsenal great, has done Newcastle a favor today, by speaking to the French media about Lille full-back Mathieu Debuchy, and he advises the 26 year-old to join Newcastle, which he says are on of England’s top clubs.

“He has a game which really suits the Premier League with his speed. He also has such an attacking game, but is very aggressive in defense.” “If I have any advice to give him, it would be to try his luck in England.”

“It does not really surprise me that English clubs are interested in him. Newcastle would be a very good club for him because he would find his friends Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa.”

“Also, they are one of the top English clubs, with a history and a beautiful stadium. For him and the rest of his career, they would be a nice stepping stone.”

Cabaye is urging Ba to stay.

Cabaye is the next Newcastle Captain in my eyes.

NB: The muppet in me is upset.

He's quality, and he'll be better if he plays for us for a while.

And it doesn't come as much of a surprise that we're so interested.

But he doesn't set off my muppet pleasure zones. I'll be glad if we do get him, especially if the Anderson departure stories are legit. I'm going to assume our initial offer was garbage and that Fulham are just trying to bump us up to somewhere around 13-14.
I think I'm right in saying he only has a year left on his contract. Not more than £10m if so.

Dembele is a level below the top, top teams. In my opinion.
Agree.

I just wanted to say Hi to football gaf. It's my first post on neogaf, wooooo! I've been lurking the forums for years and now I finally pulled the trigger. My registration took only one day, I thought I would have to wait months before I could start posting.

I'm 25 years old and a huge Dortmund supporter since my childhood days, so I've experienced everything from the clubs golden era in the nineties, the near-bankruptcy in 2005 and of course the return to the top of the Bundesliga's table under Jürgen Klopp :) I know there are a few other Borussen on gaf, so I'm looking forward to top quality discussions about the club and football in general lol
Hi. There will be very few discussions about football, but stick around anyway.

Kyoufu

Imagine what you'd feel if dc said the next captain of Arsenal is Nasri. Cabaye's the same.

Proper JT.

Like Kylehimself, I fully embrace my JTs with love. Besides, Cabaye may have a temper but he hasn't done anything on the level of JT just yet :p

Arnie

Like Kylehimself, I fully embrace my JTs with love.
I love Suarez in the same way, but I wouldn't want him as the next captain of my club. That's reserved for genuinely top human beings like Pepe or Lucas. I'm sure Newcastle also has those people who should be ahead of Cabaye on the captaincy list.

Kyoufu

I love Suarez in the same way, but I wouldn't want him as the next captain of my club. That's reserved for genuinely top human beings like Pepe or Lucas. I'm sure Newcastle also has those people who should be ahead of Cabaye on the captaincy list.

In the first team I don't think we have any actually. I would nominate Steven Taylor but he's never fit for a full season.

dc89

Lol, where do they make this up!

Daily Star say City are monitoring Nani's contract situation and may put a bid in.

Sharing name with that other Pepe automatically makes Reina a bad human.

Also welcome deroli.

Arnie

Eh put me in the camp who thinks Dembele would be a great buy for a top team. I think he's quality.
Never been to a Little Chef - how's the food?
My mum took me to one when I was about 6 and I have very fond memories of the mini dunking donuts. I've been reliably informed since that they're shit, as is the place.

sohois

Does Little Chef still use the Heston Blumenthal menu or did they get rid of that? Come to think of it, I'm not even sure they ever rolled out his work beyond the one restaurant he appeared in for the TV show.

Arnie

There's a film of water vapour pressure between the paint and the tin lid so the water molecules within the paint can't evaporate. Once the paint's on the wall there's no vapour, so the water evaporates and the paint drys.

Wessiej

Is this topic UFC-spoiler free? I just saw something at the top of the page, scrolled down with 50 miles per hour immediately

Ashes

Banned
There's a film of water vapour pressure between the paint and the tin lid so the water molecules within the paint can't evaporate. Once the paint's on the wall there's no vapour, so the water evaporates and the paint drys.

Lol, that was actually Quite Interesting.

Clegg

Dembele would be a decent signing. He can play up front as well as in midfield.

But I also think we won't sign him for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom