• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
Ei, that's my thread. You can see that I've always tried to get into Mad Men but it just never clicked.

Funny, because it's hands down my favorite show on TV right now. Followed by The Good Wife and Downton Abby?

And as a warning for anyone thinking of going to the cinema this week before Batman takes over: I walked out on Savages last night with about ten minutes to go. I thought it was thoroughly shit. I don't have a single positive thing to say about the two hours that I watched. Right from the opening scene - before the title is even shown - I was in roll-eyes-mode. Something happens during the climax that was so asinine to me that I just had to get out of there.

sneaky77

Funny, because it's hands down my favorite show on TV right now. Followed by The Good Wife and Downton Abby?

And as a warning for anyone thinking of going to the cinema this week before Batman takes over: I walked out on Savages last night with about ten minutes to go. I thought it was thoroughly shit. I don't have a single positive thing to say about the two hours that I watched. Right from the opening scene - before the title is even shown - I was in roll-eyes-mode. Something happens during the climax that was so asinine to me that I just had to get out of there.

what's the point of walking out right at the end?

Whelp. Anderson too good. That knee was legit, right into the midsection. Great knee. Anderson showed some good take down defence in that second round. Once he managed to stuff a couple of attempts writing was on the wall for Chael.

Nicely trolled him post fight too.

Salazar

Is every UFC event thread filled with bros being asses to each other?

Yes. It's half forced joke-character bullshit and half numpties who actually believe what they are posting.

Nasri was at the fight. Backing Silva, unfortunately.

MPW

3650_443670278999288_1946380101_n.jpg

Lightning

Banned
http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/July/08/fabregas-concerned-for-jordi-alba/

Cesc needs to take off his biased goggles. Alba should be going to the olympics as the player is fit, available and he wants to go so Barca should stop complaining and think of the player. He will most likely never get another chance at an olympics while he has many games with Barcelona so this is a unique opportunity for him and even the spanish coach thinks he should go.

Playing Euros and Olympics is rough but unique opportunity so imo it's understandable and Barca should not get in the way.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Will nobody buy Krasic, for God's sake?! He's not that bad. In the right context, he'd be actually a pretty good winger. It's not like we're asking a lot either. I'm terrified he's another Amauri in the making. Someone, anyone, please.
Nah, he genuinely wants to leave. His national team spot is in jeopardy, and we aren't even paying him that much on weekly basis. :p

Vertonghen's departure made you drink? :(
Steel Battalion made him drink.

I haven't seen The Wire either. I'm watching Mad Men first. Then Breaking Bad. Then The Wire.

You got it backwards! The Wire is the shortest, and it's finished!

xbhaskarx

Michael Bradley to Roma is done

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/07/07/american-exports-roma-hope-have-bradley-camp-monday
AMSTERDAM — Chievo and AS Roma have finally settled on a transfer fee for Michael Bradley, with a package of 3.6 million euros, half-ownership of Adrian Stoian and a season loan for Leandro Greco in exchange for the US midfielder.

A source close to the situation told MLSsoccer.com that the deal is down to paperwork, with Roma manager Zdenek Zeman hoping to have Bradley at their preseason camp in the northern Italian hamlet of Riscone on Monday. The 24-year-old New Jersey native passed his medical and inked a four-year contract on Thursday.

The transfer caps a 14-month Giallorossi crush, with technical director Walter Sabatini recently telling local reporters that the club would have chased Bradley last summer if the necessary non-European Union roster slot had been available.

After hosting a friendly against Romanian second flighters Turnu Severin next Saturday, Bradley and his new teammates will fly to the United States for a three-game tour. They'll take on Poland's Zaglebie Lubin at Wrigley Field in Chicago (July 22), Liverpool at Fenway Park in Boston (July 25) and El Salvador's national team at Red Bull Arena (July 27).

Meier

My mum wears thongs when I go see her so i don't like my girlfriend wearing them because I think of my mum and it creeps me out

Oh wait I broke up with my girlfriend today so that's cool

Pretty sure, my mums pretty hot for an older lady but I would never date her

She is 55 this year. I don't get it do you all think your mums are ugly? I would never do anything with her that's just wrong but she's got some nice facial features and breasts for her age

Yeah my mum is very active. She goes to spin class twice a week and does yoga everyday so is also very flexible.

She has nice cheekbones and also very striking eyes. Her nose lets her down a bit though it's a bit of a pig nose. When I go round to hers sometimes I snort at her like a pig to annoy her and she chases me round the house with a tea towel. Keeps me in shape.

Typical United fan.

Lightning

Banned
I am getting nervous here. The pressure on Giroud this season is going to be amazing because I will be very surprised if he isn't put up front and asked to score majority of our goals.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I am getting nervous here. The pressure on Giroud this season is going to be amazing because I will be very surprised if he isn't put up front and asked to score majority of our goals.

It will be interesting. Gervinho was banging them in at Lille but has flopped in the PL, Chamakh as well. Both Ligue 1 winning strikers, both dreadful in England. Podolski will presumably replace Gervinho on the left but he's hardly a great goal scorer either. If they don't score regularly then Arenal are in trouble, because that defense was hauled into third place with RVPs goals.

Lightning

Banned
It will be interesting. Gervinho was banging them in at Lille but has flopped in the PL, Chamakh as well. Both Ligue 1 winning strikers, both dreadful in England. Podolski will presumably replace Gervinho on the left but he's hardly a great goal scorer either. If they don't score regularly then Arenal are in trouble, because that defense was hauled into third place with RVPs goals.
Not a good comparison really. Gervinho doesn't get the service at Arsenal at all, it's almost like his job isn't to score goals but to provide the ball to the player who will, Giroud in this case, but RVP last season. Chamakh was fine when he first started when the rest of Arsenal was providing for him, RVP came back and took over and took the service with him, Chamakh goes off the boil. Chamakh is also good in the air but we don't play that way Chamakh just doesn't suit Arsenal's style of play. From what Ive watched of Giroud he does suit our play.

Gervinho should have scored a few more than he did though and was really good up until the ACN but then after his return never rediscovered his form again. He could be a break through this season though, he will be one to watch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arsene Wenger: I am a victim... I lost Nasri, Clichy & Fabregas at an age where they should've been playing their best football for Arsenal. I never left the club when I could have. I could have left 10 times to join another club but I didn’t.

Is that gif from Spidey 3? Because nothing can beat this scene :D
Oh god don't remind me. The new Spidey is much MUCH better than Toby.

Edit: Btw, the trailers are too spoilery :/
it's probably just me. I tend to dislike mainstream american comedies. Everything Apatow and stuff like that.

This. Apatow, Seth Rogen and their gang. (with the exception of The 40 Year Old Virgin, Steve <3)

dc89

City fly out to Austria today to start their pre-season tour.

I hope Mancini is with them, that's all I can say.

Mcfc.co.uk (Sports Industry website of the Year lest you have forgotten) will have a crap ton of content from the tour too.

Arsenal V City, July 27th, Beijing is what I'm looking forward to the most this pre season.

Fry

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. The guy produced Freaks and Geeks, a tv show that revealed stars like James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel. He is also behind movies like Superbad, Anchorman: TLoRB, Pineapple Express, and directed The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up.

What is shit about that?

Linius

Same. Bet all your mates, much like mine, fucking love the pure shit they put out, though :p
What about the Kevin Smith plus gang guys? Movies like Dogma?

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. The guy produced Freaks and Geeks, a tv show that revealed stars like James Franco, Seth Rogan and Jason Segel. He is also behind movies like Superbad, Anchorman: TLoRB, Pineapple Express, and directed The 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up.

What is shit about that?

And yes sir, Segel is awesome. We can also thank him for reviving The Muppets. Don't forget to mention Forgetting Sarah Marshall next time! :D (Role Models and Adventureland are great too).

Arsenal V City, July 27th, Beijing is what I'm looking forward to the most this pre season.

Looking forward to a pre-season match? In my experience most of these pre-season matches suck anyway :(

What is shit about that?

It was great when nearly all the freaks and geeks gang was living in that house in knocked up. That got a smile to my face, most recent movies has kind of sucked though. Freaks and geeks was fucking great, Apatow can't ever go on my shit list after that.

Lightning

Banned
That will be funny especially with Arsenal forcing Van Persie on tour. I hope Giroud is going and plays. I want to see him on the field in an Arsenal shirt.

dc89

The City ones last year were pretty entertaining.

Remember Balotelli's attempted roulette and he missed he was then yanked off and he had a argument with Mancini?

Now that's entertainment.

Linius

The City ones last year were pretty entertaining.

Remember Balotelli's attempted roulette and he missed he was then yanked off and he had a argument with Mancini?

Now that's entertainment.
Got to admit, everything with Balotelli in it is entertainment :p

Salazar

... Dembele is so fucking good!

NB: The muppet in me is upset.

He's quality, and he'll be better if he plays for us for a while.

And it doesn't come as much of a surprise that we're so interested.

But he doesn't set off my muppet pleasure zones. I'll be glad if we do get him, especially if the Anderson departure stories are legit. I'm going to assume our initial offer was garbage and that Fulham are just trying to bump us up to somewhere around 13-14.

GorillaJu

You sound like a RAWK member. I understand what you mean though, he's not a flashy player like James Rodriguez or Lucas Moura, but he'd walk into your team as a CM and probably be an immediate first choice.

Salazar

You sound like a RAWK member. I understand what you mean though, he's not a flashy player like James Rodriguez or Lucas Moura, but he'd walk into your team as a CM and probably be an immediate first choice.

Dunno. Our midfield situation is a bit weird considering we now have a few of these lads who don't fit in a pair.

Carrick is our definite starter.

Lucas Moura is crazy. The acceleration isn't surprising, but the physical strength comes as a shock. He just won't get pushed around.

deroli

I just wanted to say Hi to football gaf. It's my first post on neogaf, wooooo! I've been lurking the forums for years and now I finally pulled the trigger. My registration took only one day, I thought I would have to wait months before I could start posting.

I'm 25 years old and a huge Dortmund supporter since my childhood days, so I've experienced everything from the clubs golden era in the nineties, the near-bankruptcy in 2005 and of course the return to the top of the Bundesliga's table under Jürgen Klopp :) I know there are a few other Borussen on gaf, so I'm looking forward to top quality discussions about the club and football in general lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom