• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

God I wish it was december. Season in full swing, listening to idiots complain about x, y and z on 5 live or talksport...

Need football back. The withdrawals are kicking in.

Euro final last Sunday, Wimbledon final this Sunday... there had better be something major happening next weekend too.

K1LLER7

Hmm did he say why? I think Moutinho would help United midfield a lot. He works hard and can play both ways, good range of passing too. Very versatile. And seems to have the way to motivate others with just his play.
Can't remember exactly what he said but he compared him to Fellani but with more flair/skill. He's tall, strong and his passings very good. He mentioned that he broke a players leg a while back and was banned 11 matches. Wouldn't mind either but he could be a better ball winner

I would much prefer Moutinho, I think he has a better eye for a pass and I saw a stat that he made a very high amount of interceptions in games last season. Was one of the highest in all of Europe.

Clegg

That was a good, informative article on Ganso. Cheers Viva.

And on the subject of Ganso

Darren Can ‏@Darren_Can
Crikey. Ganso's off. [ via @Cynegeticus ] - another for ambitious Spurs?

Probably won't happen but there you go.

Somebody with a latin name on the internets said Gaston Ramirez is a Liverpool player.

Just incase he's right...

Gaston Ramirez is shit.

I'm so bored and desperate for transfer news. May have to boot up FM...

AxTRScICMAAwQiC.jpg:large

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You have got to be fucking kidding me

edit: For a kid's party, thank fuck.

Arnie

Somebody with a latin name on the internets said Gaston Ramirez is a Liverpool player.

Just incase he's right...

Gaston Ramirez is shit.

I'm so bored and desperate for transfer news. May have to boot up FM...

I know you're trolling, but I'll expand anyway, not in a defensive way but just as my own thoughts. I'm not a big fan personally. He's far from shit but I see him being an extremely frustrating player. Would rather we went hammer and tongues for Sturridge first of all, although I'm sure the latest developments with his health have set things back a way.

As far as that liverbird mascot goes, he won't be on the touchline during games, it's something for kids apparently as part of our community work.

Fady K

Yeah! Prince of Persia games are usually quality I loved the art in the cel shades one!

Are you referring to the one released in 2008? That one *looks* really nice. Fantastic art direction!

Thanks for the info Fady and dc (or, well, lack of info :p)

Would be interesting if Chelsea managed to get Hulk. Wonder where that would leave Torres.

You're welcome :p With Chelsea the deals come out of nowhere at times - like Meireles for example - so anything can happen. I still think Torres is going to play an extremely vital part for the club this season.

Tell me about it :)

Wait Iniesta is getting married today? What a coincidence, with my avatar being him and all :p

kharma45

I would much prefer Moutinho, I think he has a better eye for a pass and I saw a stat that he made a very high amount of interceptions in games last season. Was one of the highest in all of Europe.

Imagine if we could get both somehow... outright buy Moutinho and get Witsel with that rumoured Anderson swap plus some cash.

Could have a midfield of this

--------Witsel --------- Moutinho-----

Valencia------Kagawa---------Nani----

With Rooney up top, plus Carrick and Scholes as back-ups for Witsel and Moutinho.

I fucking hate the FIFA series. How do I go from getting 17 points three consecutive seasons in a row to getting one point in the same division. I hit the woodwork more than Liverpool and my keeper makes less saves than shay given in an Ireland shirt. This game is such bullshit. I love watching my tackles lead to improved ball movement for the other team because the ball lands in their fucking feet. I want one of those PVRs just so I could record the amount of times I get absolutely fucked in the luck aspect of this stupid game.

Clegg

Tbh I really don't think Bob Cass knows much. He insists he does but all those stories have been around for a while already so he's not telling us anything new...apart from that we might do some business.

Alot of people give off conflicting reports about the players we are interested in anyway. Many people are sure that we have bid for Moutinho, but then Daniel Taylor says today that isn't the case. There are those who say we've bid for Baines or are at least in the process of putting a bid together, but then James Ducker says it's a total red herring and won't happen. Now we've got something similar with Dembele.

It's impossible to know what is true and what isn't and all these people get different messages from their sources. I think the club actually give off mixed signals on purpose just to confuse these suckers.

I can't see Baines being a red herring.

We need a left back desperately. SAF can't believe that Evra is adequate cover for LB. We've sent Fabio on loan and we have nobody other than Evra.

Arnie

Like I say, for the children at parties and such. I think this is from the Kop cafe.

AxTQMBqCAAEtktN.jpg:large

Oh and anyone who's ever been out in Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers was in Garlands last night. What a lad.

sneaky77

I fucking hate the FIFA series. How do I go from getting 17 points three consecutive seasons in a row to getting one point in the same division. I hit the woodwork more than Liverpool and my keeper makes less saves than shay given in an Ireland shirt. This game is such bullshit. I love watching my tackles lead to improved ball movement for the other team because the ball lands in their fucking feet. I want one of those PVRs just so I could record the amount of times I get absolutely fucked in the luck aspect of this stupid game.

Just stop playing it until 13.. it will be better for your sanity

Messi

Everytime I see Roger Federer I want to punch him in the face. Such a smug looking dude. I like Nadal much more personally.

Talon

Everytime I see Roger Federer I want to punch him in the face. Such a smug looking dude. I like Nadal much more personally.
?

He's always been graceful and measured in his approach. Plus, bonus points with being with the same woman forever.

Messi

?

He's always been graceful and measured in his approach. Plus, bonus points with being with the same woman forever.

Its just his face, I realise he is incredible at what he does, but he has a smug face. Some people just have it. John Terry has it also, so does Dwayne Wade.

Clegg

I don't mind Federer because I know he's smug and arrogant. You can tell that he doesn't give a shit about what people think and I can respect that.

But Nadal is a massive twat. He gets very nasty when things aren't going his way. His time wasting and delaying tactics fly in the face of his supposed "humble" nature.

Both are pretty gracious after they lose though. But it's a slightly different story on court.

Mastadon

Banned
I know you're trolling, but I'll expand anyway, not in a defensive way but just as my own thoughts. I'm not a big fan personally. He's far from shit but I see him being an extremely frustrating player. Would rather we went hammer and tongues for Sturridge first of all, although I'm sure the latest developments with his health have set things back a way.

As far as that liverbird mascot goes, he won't be on the touchline during games, it's something for kids apparently as part of our community work.

I like Ramirez quite a bit actually. He keeps the ball very well and has a bit of flair in him that could unlock a stubborn defence. He's young and has plenty of room to improve some of his weaker areas, and obviously having another Uruguayan in the team won't hurt our chances of keep Suarez for a while longer.

kharma45

I don't mind Federer because I know he's smug and arrogant. You can tell that he doesn't give a shit about what people think and I can respect that.

But Nadal is a massive twat. He gets very nasty when things aren't going his way. His time wasting and delaying tactics fly in the face of his supposed "humble" nature.

Yeah can't stand Nadal myself, love Federer though.

Every time I see Olivia Wilde, I want to punch her in the face. Such a smug looking bitch. I like Green much more personally.

note: I do not condone woman beating of any kind.

also, don't diss my waifu :p

Messi

Both are pretty gracious after they lose though. But it's a slightly different story on court.

Smug Face:

106614637_crop_650x440.jpg

What is with Nadal biting shit? google image search for him and see how many pictures there are of him biting trophies and rackets.

Is it just me or does it look like Andy Murray was about to cry in his post match interview on sky? feel bad for him.

Timurid

How can anyone hate Rodger Federer?!?!?!? The guy is pure class and is probably the most classiest player in all of sports atm. It's like ppl hating messi, I don't know how anyone can hate the little maestro.
Also Juve fans, Bianchi is going to run a riot against you guys this year!! Also, have fun getting knockout in the group stages of the UCL.
Forza TORO!!!!

How can anyone hate Rodger Federer?!?!?!? The guy is pure class and is probably the most classiest player in all of sports atm. It's like ppl hating messi, I don't know how anyone can hate the little maestro.

People just like to hate on the best.

I have no idea why though.

Feorax

I like Ramirez quite a bit actually. He keeps the ball very well and has a bit of flair in him that could unlock a stubborn defence. He's young and has plenty of room to improve some of his weaker areas, and obviously having another Uruguayan in the team won't hurt our chances of keep Suarez for a while longer.

At this point, I'm quite happy to trust that Rodgers going to make signings that will fit into a system that he has in mind, rather than just looking to buy players in a certain position and be done with it.

Won't know for sure until the season starts though, but I've seen nothing so far to suggest otherwise.

Arnie

And getting Cavani next summer. Believe.

Talon

I don't dislike any of the big 3. I get a kick out of the fact that Djokovic is a mega troll and doesn't give a fuck. Glad to see him put all that ability together in the last three years.

Federer has the best all around game of all these guys, and I think he's shown more of an ability to win championships even when he's not at his best (see: the immense number of unforced errors in that win against Roddick).

Nadal is overpowering, and he's certainly the best clay court player ever.

And I don't hold anything against any athlete for their demeanor within the lines. It's hard to say how you'll react in the moment. I've broken my fair share of rackets, and I'm a shitty tennis player. Murray gets hate for yelling at himself constantly, but every athlete copes with high levels of competition differently. What matters to me is how the graciousness they displays as winners or losers. Part of the reason I've never liked Roddick.

Anyways, I think we're blessed to see an era with all three of these guys playing. Too bad for Murray, Roddick, the others of this generation.

Messi

Also Juve fans, Bianchi is going to run a riot against you guys this year!! Also, have fun getting knockout in the group stages of the UCL.
Forza TORO!!!!

As I said, its the face. I don't hate the talent. I respect it infact. Its the face.

Talon

I really want Falcao and Cavani to move over to the EPL, just so I can see more of those two.

Any club, really. Except Man City, unless Mancini is planning on using an exclusively FW lineup in the future.

Labadal

I'm thinking about starting up FM again. I won't bother with games, just play pre-season, and bid for every player I want them to buy IRL. And sell all the players I don't want at the club. I'll then pretend that it's all real.

I've never seen Gaston play, just seen a couple of YouTube videos. Tbh he didn't strike me as a £15m sort of player but it's just YouTube match compilations, so no idea what his strengths are. It seems people rate him though so it'd be interesting to see how he does if you do sign him.

Ashes

Banned
People just like to hate on the best.

I have no idea why though.

Think the hate trend started round about when he beat Nadal.

I don't mind him. But I didn't like when today he said he hoped Murray would win at least one grand slam. Stressing the at least one grand slam part. Kinda off putting. Yeah we get it, you've won a dozen already. :/

But on the whole, all these tennis champions are a class above footballers usually.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm thinking about starting up FM again. I won't bother with games, just play pre-season, and bid for every player I want them to buy IRL. And sell all the players I don't want at the club. I'll then pretend that it's all real.

I'm barely over my New Star Soccer addiction. Staying well away from FM.

I'm so close to starting FM...so so close...I just need to get through tonight and by the morning I won't be bothered. Must resist.

My mind is full of ideas and formations and transfer targets and training regimes and an empire of dominance #mourapowellfuture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom