• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Interesting press conference. Supposedly about the US tour, I think we had one or two questions on the tour, the rest of the conference was people asking about next season, transfers etc. Main points:

- Rodgers says he hopes to finalise deals for at least one, maybe two players this week. Interestingly, none of the media seem to have picked up anything - doing our business in private, which is nice, although I predict a huge number of articles claiming they "know" who these two players are and that they "were told a few weeks ago" and so on.

- On the academy: "If you're good enough, you'll play"

- On Carroll's chances next season: "It's about assessing the squad, will decide the squad by August, every player has a chance". Same answer for Cole and Aquilani

- Rodgers: "I only want players who want to play for Liverpool and can match our ambitions."

- Looking at 3 to 4 additions and 'tweaks' to the squad to get it to where he wants it to be for the start of the season.

Hixx

Some of the quotes from this trial are great.

Defence to Ferdinand: I'd suggest this isn't the first time you've been called a c***?
John Terry: (paraphrased) I did call him it but it was exaggerated sarcasm

KuGsj.gif

Kyoufu

LFC fans, excited at the prospect of possession based football? I hear Rodgers is (was?) invited to watch Spain train.

You could be a force again.

faridmon

I really don't get the appeal of having a pre-season training session in Austria. Everton are camping there along with Chelsea (or was it Tottenham?) Is there a minor tournament going on there?

neoanarch

I really don't get the appeal of having a pre-season training session in Austria. Everton are camping there along with Chelsea (or was it Tottenham?) Is there a minor tournament going on there?

not sure City do have three matches in Austria though, so probably.

Labadal

LFC fans, excited at the prospect of possession based football? I hear Rodgers is (was?) invited to watch Spain train.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Doubt we'll break into the top four. Depending on who we sign, we might challenge for 4th spot. I just want to see us score goals. Last season was mostly a pain to watch. Played like shit in some games. Then we played fairly good in others, but we were not effective.

Linius

I put an six year old iPod video (30GB) up for sale and I keep getting mails. Already five people interested in two days. Never expected I could actually get some money for that thing :p

Arjen

Well we failed to sign our big money target (De Jong). :(

Also Spurs are just buying everyone.

Leave some for us :p

Dutch media is reporting Anita is having a talk with de Boer (the manager) because he's interested in moving to Newcastle.

GorillaJu

I think, given time, we will be a force, but I'm not setting my expectations for next season any higher than a slight improvement on last season.

We should be doing much better than we have been, and we would be if not for woeful chance wasting, particularly against smaller teams.

I expect a 5th or 6th place finish this year, and hopefully more improvements to come in the next.

I put an six year old iPod video (30GB) up for sale and I keep getting mails. Already five people interested in two days. Never expected I could actually get some money for that thing :p

I put up a 1st gen 8GB Ipod Touch with broken Wi-Fi up a couple of months ago and got £45 :lol :lol

Linius

I put up a 1st gen 8GB Ipod Touch with broken Wi-Fi up a couple of months ago and got £45 :lol :lol
If the deal goes trough a guy will pick it up for 70 euros tomorrow. I bought my new one with 160GB for 180 euros, so that's a nice discount for me :p

Will De Boer let him go? I don't know what happened with Vertonghen but it sure got needlessly messy.

I don't think so. Ajax already stated they don't want him to go. That's why he renewd his contract for 2014 after all. It's just a serious sitdown, to be honest I don't see him going this transfer period. Maybe next summer.

spidye

Man down!

Bayern have made an official statement on their website about Pirlo. "We did not make an offer and we did not talk with Juventus "

Also some interesting stats from Opta!

-The two players to make the most interceptions in Serie A last season were Lucio (140) and Chiellini (124).
-Andre Schürrle created more chances from open play (40) in the 2011-12 Bundesliga than any other Bayer Leverkusen player.

first time bayern denied a rumour in such a short time.
interesting

dc89

Black. I'm not a big fan of white gadgets.

My new iPod is silver tough. They don't have the shiny black one anymore :(

They should have stuck with the shiny white and black one.

I had a shiny black one too. It got scratched up badly and then i regretted not getting the white one.

People will always buy Apple stuff. Even if it's to refurb and sell on.

I bought a refurbed 1st Gen Nano in white - its immaculate. I got it for £20 on eBay. They now sell for £70-£80. I should have ot a few in hindsight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ELJERO ELIA ‏@ELJERO17ELIA
"I wanne thank all the juve supporters #love and good luck in the next season #forzajuve #4life"

k8wzX.jpg

COME BACK ELIA WE MADE A MISTAKE

Linius

They should have stuck with the shiny white and black one.

I had a shiny black one too. It got scratched up badly and then i regretted not getting the white one.

People will always buy Apple stuff. Even if it's to refurb and sell on.

I bought a refurbed 1st Gen Nano in white - its immaculate. I got it for £20 on eBay. They now sell for £70-£80. I should have ot a few in hindsight.
I'm not an Apple fan (Android, Windows etc.) but I kind of like the iPod. I bought the video one when it came out and it worked well for me all those six years. Great quality for the money I paid. I replaced it for an 160GB one because I needed more memory. Hopefully this one gives me the same joy.

Zabojnik

Never used an iPod in my life, but I did buy an older one last year for 40€ or so. It makes a great storage unit for the multimedia system in my car. Can't imagine using anything else with it now!

dc89

ESPN report Mancini could sign his new Mcfc contract as early as next week.

Meanwhile City have reportedly opened talks with AC Milan over the transfer of Dzeko.

Salazar

Academy News: A #mufc reserve team X1 will play Longford Town (23/7) and Cork City (25/7) on short tour of Ireland...good chance to see lads

WATCH FOETUSES.

GET ATTACHED.

WATCH THEM FUCK US OVER A CONTRACT IN 2 YEARS TIME.

We should set up some betting system where we can bet on the next ban (betting on yourself will put you on Juve supporters list, so don't do this). My bet is on Wilbury. Yeah he will come back and get banned.

This is fucking brilliant.

They are so fucking bad. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom