• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I know there are a few Dutch gaffers in this thread. Could one of you possibly translate this article please?

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/194397_liverpool-wil-united-overbieden
->
Manchester United and Liverpool seem in a bitter struggle with each other. Both English clubs want the signature of James Rodríguez under a contract.

The dethroned (LOL?) champion of England would be a cool 25 million to pay for the Colombian winger. Liverpool has a bad season behind him and would make a bid of around 28.5 million at the pass twenty prepare.
Rodríguez itself does have ears to a move and a lot more pay. Agent Silvio Sandri up against newspaper O Jogo very interesting: "This is something that should be discussed with Porto. I can not say more about this because it is so complex."

Lightning

Banned
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/eu...ersies-lack-of-goals-for-netherlands-is-down-

I agree with everything Wenger said there. RVP didn't have the best tournament but he is better than Huntelaar and the Dutch side don't provide service to him like Arsenal do. Wenger also brought up the very clear fact that he was tired which was obvious but RVP is one of the best strikers in the world and imo only Ronaldo is better than RVP at goal scoring who is at the Euros.

Manchester United and Liverpool seem to be in a bitter struggle with each other. Both English clubs want the signature of James Rodríguez under a contract.

The dethroned champion of England want to pay 25 million for the Colombian winger. Liverpool has a bad season behind them and are preparing a bid of around 28.5 million for the twenty-year-old.
Rodríguez himself does have ears for a move and a higher wage. Agent Silvio Sandri has said some interesting things in the O Jogo newspaper: "This is something that should be discussed with Porto. I can not say anything about this because it is very complex."

Edited the Google translate.

Basically ManU's offered 25 million and Liverpool 28,5. Rodriguez is keen to a move and a higher salary.

elseanio

Better picture of LFC 3rd kit. Still an odd design, but nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be:

6Vmwt.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2898/eu...ersies-lack-of-goals-for-netherlands-is-down-

I agree with everything Wenger said there. RVP didn't have the best tournament but he is better than Huntelaar and the Dutch side don't provide service to him like Arsenal do. Wenger also brought up the very clear fact that he was tired which was obvious but RVP is one of the best strikers in the world and imo only Ronaldo is better than RVP at goal scoring who is at the Euros.

Yep. I'm a believer that players should try and adapt to their teammates (maybe Robin should've stayed further up & central abit more?) but at the same time there were moments where Robin dragged defenders away from their position and left spaces in-behind that his teammates didn't take advantage of. He's so used to Theo or whoever running into that space, but Robben just wants to wait out wide and carry the ball, and Sneijder is glued to the hole in-between midfield and attack.

On the tiredness point, he covered more ground than any PL player last season, playing as a lone-striker too, so he would definitely be running on fumes at this point.

Clegg

Not too keen about the patterns on the sleeves. But its not like I'd ever buy a Liverpool jersey anyway.

Uniteds home jersey is still worse imo.

Lightning

Banned
Yep. I'm a believer that players should try and adapt to their teammates (maybe Robin should've stayed further up & central abit more?) but at the same time there were moments where Robin dragged defenders away from their position and left spaces in-behind that his teammates didn't take advantage of. He's so used to Theo or whoever running into that space, but Robben just wants to wait out wide and carry the ball, and Sneijder is glued to the hole in-between midfield and attack.

On the tiredness point, he covered more ground than any PL player last season, playing as a lone-striker too, so he would definitely be running on fumes at this point.
In the Arsenal system RVP is the main man and the other attackers base their game around him that is why Walcott and Song formed such a fantastic understanding because RVP is all over the place forcing defenders to follow him and taking them out of position and making room. RVP is a fantastic striker because of this but it requires his teammates to go along with this and the Dutch don't know how and prefer to rely on individual brilliance or a bit of luck to win games. Arsenal's attacking system works fantastic for RVP that's why he scores a lot of goals for us and as long as he stays fit he will keep scoring for us because that's the way our system is.

RVP was tired. He played a lot of games for Arsenal and since Arsenal's attack was poor had to do a lot of work in those games as everything in Arsenal's attack went through him.

Clegg

Well it could be a possibility, SAF has been watching him. It's just that Liverpool's interest came out of nowhere

I'm sure Liverpool have an interest in Rodriguez.

Its just that the two sources for this rumour couldn't possibly have any insider info on this deal.

Copenhagen declined a 5.5 mil euro offer on N'Doye. Might be hope for having him another season. :eek:

Better picture of LFC 3rd kit. Still an odd design, but nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be:

6Vmwt.jpg

Yeah it's bad but not the most terrible shirt in years as we had hoped. :(

Nicklas Bendtner was supposed to visit a childrens hospital the other day. But he had to cancel it because of hangovers after a wild night out (which he tweeted about quite a bit). :lol

Wilbur

Banned
Have I ever made a comment directly/indirectly that a team should be killed?

What hahaha?!

Ugh, work has made it so that I'll miss every England match provided they get to the final (lol). Sucks. :/

Damn, surely you could all huddle round the telly or something. The whole country will be watching if we're in the final.

It's odd but I almost hope we go out now. I couldn't take the pain of losing the final. Fuck it, I want to lose in the semi. That way my heart is intact.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
707 - Zinedine Zidane has completed more passes than any other player in the history of the European Championships, ahead of Xavi. Birthday.

Btw Charles, are on you twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom