• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say the German player that convinced me most this Euro is Khedira. Of course Hummels probably played the best but I knew he could play like this.

Khedira became a true leader, not some fake leader like Lahm or Schweini. Hummels shows at BVB that he has it in him, too, but he needs a few more matches in the national team to grow into this role. Those are the kind of players that make you win things. Khedira's will is incredible. You saw that in yesterday's goal, he didn't care fuck how, he just wanted to score that one.

Wilbur

Banned
I have to say the German player that convinced me most this Euro is Khedira. Of course Hummels probably played the best but I knew he could play like this.

Khedira became a true leader, not some fake leader like Lahm or Schweini. Hummels shows at BVB that he has it in him, too, but he needs a few more matches in the national team to grow into this role. Those are the kind of players that make you win things. Khedira's will is incredible. You saw that in yesterday's goal, he didn't care fuck how, he just wanted to score that one.

Yeah I don't understand the hate he gets sometimes. Someone in the Euro thread said he was shit for Madrid... They need him next to Alonso, which is why the Modric talk confuses me.

More twitter bullshit.

Meh, too expensive. Izaguirre would have been much cheaper. Good player but I don't see it happening.

Clegg

Meh, too expensive. Izaguirre would have been much cheaper. Good player but I don't see it happening.

Baines is a good LB. He's better than Evra now so I can see why United would be interested in him.

But £15m is a lot for a player that wouldn't start every game. I can't see SAF completely dropping Evra.

It also leaves Fabio in a tough position.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Baines is a good LB. He's better than Evra now so I can see why United would be interested in him.

But £15m is a lot for a player that wouldn't start every game. I can't see SAF completely dropping Evra.

Who isn't better than Evra?

Clichy

Kyoufu

So today will be interesting.

If France are knocked out then transfer rumours/actual transfers for the French stars will be in full motion once they go home and meet with agents/clubs.

If France defeat Spain, then the price-tags for the players will rise and clubs with interest in them will have to cough up more cash to sign them.

So today will be interesting.

If France are knocked out then transfer rumours/actual transfers for the French stars will be in full motion once they go home and meet with agents/clubs.

If France defeat Spain, then the price-tags for the players will rise and clubs with interest in them will have to cough up more cash to sign them.

We'll buy Cabaye for £10 million and you will like it.

Korez

c3802894-5ce6-4c9a-a13d-7587fd604858.jpg

We are still hungry

YES! YES!

Wilbur

Banned

Oh I agree he's better than Evra. There's an old woman on the bus right now and she's got an eye patch and a purple leg, and I'd hesitate to say that Patrice would be better at staying in position than she.

But you're right, he's not getting dropped. Which puts us in an odd position because we have to assume that any purchase would be back up and Fabio's loan would mean he's out of the picture until Evra leaves.

Oh I agree he's better than Evra. There's an old woman on the bus right now and she's got an eye patch and a purple leg, and I'd hesitate to say that Patrice would be better at staying in position than she.

But you're right, he's not getting dropped. Which puts us in an odd position because we have to assume that any purchase would be back up and Fabio's loan would mean he's out of the picture until Evra leaves.

Bizzare thought but what if Evra does a Carrick and actually starts being good again next season? Not out of the realms of possibility.

fuenf

Yeah Khedira is amazing, he showed flashes of it in 2010 already but was really unlucky when it came to scoring a goal. Still cant believe that fucking Van Gaal didnt want him. :(

K1LLER7

Bizzare thought but what if Evra does a Carrick and actually starts being good again next5 season? Not out of the realms of possibility.
He played well for France so far and towards the end of last season. Last season he played 47 games, so IMO he should be rotated more. Fergie should give Fabio more of a chance

Kyoufu

Kyoufu you've posted a few times in the past day.

Does...does thing mean you're finally back?

I stopped playing Diablo 3, so yeah :p

I heard someone mention Van Gaal in this thread so I'm about to re-watch Newcastle spank Van Gaal's 400 million quid squad :lol

Nah it's acutally really good, a more centred placing would look ridiculous (because of the V in the enblem). But dont worry you'll have a third star soon enough. :(

What, how does that look good? The second one is on the side just because Puma produced them with only one star and had to stick the second one on it after we won the league. They will be centered with the next bunch of shirts.

fuenf

What, how does that look good? The second one is on the side just because Puma produced them with only one star and had to stick the second one on it after we won the league. They will be centered with the next bunch of shirts.

Ah ok but i still like it, it's unorthodox but not bad.

I stopped playing Diablo 3, so yeah :p

I heard someone mention Van Gaal in this thread so I'm about to re-watch Newcastle spank Van Gaal's 400 million quid squad :lol

Thank god for that :lol

As for the Dortmund kit, it looks like they've just left space for the inevitable third star for next season.

Linius

Agree. Two stars should be centered, looks way better.

5ZXNw.jpg

Like this.

Don't mind me asking, but why do they have stars at all? They only won 8 championhips? :S

elsk

Banned
I'm not sure, like Milchmonster already said Khedira's leadership and will to win sets him apart from other players (or all Bayern players except Neuer).

Yeah, but Khedira is all about his work rate and being aggressive. I don't rate his technical skills that high, Martínez looks way more talented than him.

All Bayern players except Neuer? I'm sorry but Lahm was a true captain in the final, and he's a top class professional. I'm disappointed of Schweini, tho, I hope he gets back on form... he was having his best season before the injuries.

How random..lol!

Edit: But according to Soccerway they have won 8 championships, so why wasn't the 2nd star already on it?
Well, it makes sense. With 10 titles for a star, only Bayern would have stars. And even with 5 for one star, only Gladbach and now BVB would have one.

Only Bundesliga championships (so after 1964) count. That takes us 3 titles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom