• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Alan Smith has signed a permanent contract with MK Dons. Wonder how much of a pay cut he took to sign for them as he was on 60k a week at Newcastle (fml).

Vurnon Anita's value has been set at 8m by Ajax. Newcastle will - as always - play hardball. We offered 4m in the past. :lol

Steven Taylor returning to full fitness is awesome news though. That's gonna be massive for us. If he stayed fit all of last season, I reckon we could have got that 3rd spot.

Linius

'Busting your chops'

Last time I heard that phrase it was from a Mole in Animal Crossing. I need that on the 3DS and I need it now.
I believe it's coming Q1 next year.

And I just read trough that whole Mysticwhip thread. Oh boy... :lol

spidye

Today is the birthday of the best striker in the world.

happy birthday MARIO GOMEZ!

to all haters:
tumblr_m1b69gneda1qciunzo1_500.gif

GOMEZ WITH IT!

dc89

"Terry to FA: "I did a lot of things in my football career and private life, but (racism) one thing I didn't take kindly to at all"

BBC's Dan Roan

JT feels remorse?

WriterGK

A friend of mine said he heard yesterday that Arsenal signed Ganso. But then he asked me what position Ganso is and I answered midfielder. And then he said that it's not true because Arsenal would only be signing a striker or a goal keeper.

Fady K

Love these guys.

24370.jpg

PM me if you have questions. Really, if you want to learn about Irish history, watch Paul Greengrass' Bloody Sunday, and Michael Collins (which is probably historically inaccurate, but hey).

Thanks man, will do. I may pick up Bloody Sunday out of curiosity, if I can find it around.

The first time was 1999 so like 13 years ago I saw them live in Camp Nou. And the second time and last one so far was around 2002 or 2003. They beat Malaga 2-1 and I what I remeber was that Mendieta was playing for Barcelona. Yeah I remember that evening losing against Real Madrid very well 2. I was at a meeting from another forum in Utrecht Holland. And I was with one other guy at the moment who happens to be a Real Madrid fan. We were in this local bar were we saw fragments of the first half but Fc Utrecht the local club was also playing so they were watching that match. And then we went to this other plays were they aired Barcelona-Real Madrid live. And the other people from the meeting went to join us there to see the second half. It was one of the first matches against Barcelona were Cristiano Ronaldo didn't choke and scored a decive goal.

Yeah Cam Nou is very beautiful indeed. What a stadium!

Yeah it is my first time playing Mass Effect 1, shame shame. And with Valencia I really have quite a dillema. I have signed Branislav Ivanovic from Chelsea just last summer for 5 million euro's and his contract doesn't end until 2016. But the big problem is he is considered a non european player and I am only allowed to have 3 of those. The first 2 I pick are Stevan Jovetic and Lucas Moura who both are playing and scoring a lot of goals and they have a lot of assits as well. And the third one is a Brazilian midfielder called Jucilei who I signed from Anzi for just 8 million. He can play als Central Midfielder, Defensive Midfielder and rightback winger. So I am now trying to sell Ivanovic and had offers from Swansea and Fiorentina. But its sad that he is leaivng but I have no choice. He is my second best defender only Victor Ruiz is better. I sold Adil Rami to Barcelona for 21 million euro's cause I thought he deserver a ''bigger club''. But the funny thing is my Valencia is doing so well now after 27 matches I am only 2 points behind the number one Real Madrid. And if I win this match against Hercules I have a 4 point lead or 5 against the number 3 Barcelona. But my goal is to become Champions of Spain with Valencia. I keep by there side untill I reach that goal. You probably dont mind but I added you to my friends list :)

And one last thing. I play Fifa 12 a awful lot 2. 1 on 1 against my brother or 2vs2 with my brother and his friends. And my brother is really good with Barcelona so I always pick Real Madrid. I dont like them much in Real life but with Fifa I find them very good to play with.

Oh wow you went back before the Messi days! Yes, that was a tough match to watch, especially when you're sitting behind Valdes' goal after Ronaldo scored :[

Mass Effect really is beautiful huh? Don't expect much story in the second game, and it has lighter RPG elements but it's still excellent in other ways. Why is Ivanovic considered non-European in the game btw :p? This football manager game sounds quite deep! Never got around to playing it. But you brought Valencia to second place finally, and so close to the first too, so you must be doing very well. So are you a Valencia fan too?

Which friend list did you add me to? You mean on the Playstation Network? You are more than welcome to anytime :)

I don't think Fady is so interested that he'll buy a lock of textbooks. I just thought a few movies would be a fairly interesting to get a general view on events.

I would actually look into it if I had more time, will very likely look into bloody sunday at least!

Michael Fassbender is one of the best actors around.

THIS. For me, having him in the next Assassin's Creed film is a major plus. Ubisoft's last AssCreed "movie" (Lineage) was *awesome*.

I payed CoOp on Battlefield 3 today for the first time! Love it!

BF3 is my favourite shooter since CoD4 hands down.

You must bout with WoodenLung, for he is a legend in that game I believe :p

I expect Bungie's crying into his pillow in the middle of Tobago, or wherever he is.

Tottenham got so many awesome players in this window already that they should cry only tears of joy :p

Saw Spiderman tonight. Really liked it. Thought the 3D was good too, for once.

Yep Garfield was great.

Did you stick around for the post-credits scene? The film as a whole was truly entertaining.

I learned after all that time lurking, that arguing in the gaming discussions is a bad idea. I have less than 20 posts on the gaming side, yet 1000+ in OT(mainly football thread lol).

Ahh I see Fady, this is your way of hiding incase of more bans. :p Just kidding, WriterGK, Fady also supports Chelsea and Barca. :lol

Interesting, musta been weird watching Barca vs Chelsea all those times though.

I was ready to post the pics(even more than Messi) then I realised Messi already posted the wedding photos. :(

I agree with you man! Arguing can lead to a quick ban in GAF. A QUICK ONE. Heck, arguing in real life usually sucks too! Even though I'm a HUGE gaming fan, 95% of my GAF posts are in footy threads.

WriterGk seems like a nice guy too - must be a thing with guys who like both CFC and FCB :p To date, the only Barca-Chelsea matches I watched as a football fan were the CL semifinals this year, and it was definitely weird :p

I think Messi forgot to post this photo though:

196552hp2.jpg

Mmm getting excited for new season.

If only it was an actual signing rather than an offer :p My football fantasy would still be to have Modric join.

Fry

'Busting your chops'

Last time I heard that phrase it was from a Mole in Animal Crossing. I need that on the 3DS and I need it now.

How about yanking your chain? :lol English isn't my first language, so I pick these up mostly in TV shows. I like using it.

Talking about tv shows, I finished AD just now. The finale was one of the best episodes, a really nice way to end it. Brilliantly funny and full of surprises. Now I join you guys into the long wait for the new season. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Swansea have signed "Chico" from Real Mallorca. Apparently he was immense in La Liga at CB last season.

They really needed to buy a quality CB with Caulker back at Spurs, but I've not heard much about this guy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Elia, we bought him for €9m, sold him for €5.5 (up to €7.5 if bonuses are activated). So that's at the least €1.5m (up to €3.5) for 107 mins played. That's even ignoring his salary. :/

Elia and Krasic flopping worked out for us in the end. We switched to a formation with no wingers (3-5-2).

Fry8 said:
Now I join you guys into the long wait for the new season. :(

Vaporware.

Salazar

How about yanking your chain? :lol English isn't my first language, so I pick these up mostly in TV shows. I like using it.

You need to watch Porridge, Fry.

Oi, dc, what's this about a 16 year old called Lopez being thrown out on the pitch in place of the Assassin ?

WriterGK

Oh wow you went back before the Messi days! Yes, that was a tough match to watch, especially when you're sitting behind Valdes' goal after Ronaldo scored :[

Mass Effect really is beautiful huh? Don't expect much story in the second game, and it has lighter RPG elements but it's still excellent in other ways. Why is Ivanovic considered non-European in the game btw :p? This football manager game sounds quite deep! Never got around to playing it. But you brought Valencia to second place finally, and so close to the first too, so you must be doing very well. So are you a Valencia fan too?

Which friend list did you add me to? You mean on the Playstation Network? You are more than welcome to anytime :)

WriterGk seems like a nice guy too - must be a thing with guys who like both CFC and FCB :p To date, the only Barca-Chelsea matches I watched as a football fan were the CL semifinals this year, and it was definitely weird :p

If only it was an actual signing rather than an offer :p My football fantasy would still be to have Modric join.

Yes indeed. Way back before the Messi days! I think in 1999 Louis van Gaal was still head coach of Barcelona. He was the coach who let Xavi made his debute in the first team of Barcelona. So Xavi is playing for Barca's first squad since 1999 :D
Yes it is indeed very beautiful. But two weeks ago I had a surgery for my jaw. I got a headache from playing Mass Effect but I don't get one from playing FM 2012.
Yeah I like Valencia but I am not really that much of a fan. I like how they keep playing good when all there best players get sold like Villa, Silva and Mata. I also use Valencia a lot lately with Fifa 12 playing it only. I play in a 4-4-1-1 formation with Jonas behind Soldado and Jordi Alba als Left mifdielder and Pablo Hernandez as right midfielder and Alberto Costa as defensive midfielder.

I meant as a friend on this forum. Apparently you can also add people as friends on this forum. But I will add you on ps network as well later this afternoon.My PSN=Goosseffbrothers and I play Fifa 12 a lot. I am only in division 7 yet tough online I just started with it last week.

Thanks for the compliment. You seem like a nice guy as well. Come to think of it I find everyone quite helpfull and nice around here. But then again I only registered for this forum this May and got accepted just this Sunday. Yeah Modric joining would be great. I once had a Fifa 12 career where I signed Modric with Real Madrid and now he seems to join them for real.

WriterGK

They really needed to buy a quality CB with Caulker back at Spurs, but I've not heard much about this guy.

I have Caulker with my Valencia FM game. What a great central defender. He is really proving himself at the moment. I had him for a season on loan and then I bought him for 6 million euro's the next season.

Fady K

The club you hate Manchester United :p

Hey c'mon now, hate is not the word I'd use nowadays :p

Join the club! City have signed nobody either. It sucks!

Edit: well we signed Mancini on a 5 year contract. Signing of the summer.

I believe Mancini is underrated by a lot of posters, and I hope he continues to shine. Great manager, he just needs to cheer up more often ;D Though that last game against QPR must have destroyed his nerves.

Juventus confirms Elia's move to Werder Bremen.

Congrats Yurt.

Nope, he did not Fady. But it's a lovely picture, so don't mind a repost :p

Even though GAF may ask for my head, here (her name is Anna Oritz):

196552hp2.jpg

WriterGK

Have any of you seen Impratical Jokers. They have this character Mur and he looks a lot like Iniesta.

Mur:

6386349_f260.jpg

Iniesta:

INIESTA.jpg

I do see quite a resemblance.

Carbonox

Hmm Newcastle rejected Birmingham's bid for Steve Harper. Guess Newcastle wants Harper to end his career at Newcastle by helping the youngsters and possibly moving in to coaching. A great servant to the club. Just a shame for most of his career he was always second best in the selection stakes. Though he did have Shay Given in his prime ahead of him for a lot of that time.

D_prOdigy

Swansea have signed "Chico" from Real Mallorca. Apparently he was immense in La Liga at CB last season.

Really looking forward to see how Swansea do this season, especially with Laudrup supposedly being allowed to cut the squad down to 22 men. They can stay on my increasingly long list of 'teams I sort of want to see doing well'.

Carbonox

Really looking forward to see how Swansea do this season, especially with Laudrup supposedly being allowed to cut the squad down to 22 men. They can stay on my increasingly long list of 'teams I sort of want to see doing well'.

This. I hope they do well next season. They just need a couple of decent signings to round off a relatively young and vibrant team. A good striker would really go a long way for them too as they're sorted for now wing-wise (Dyer and Sinclair).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Roma ds Sabatini: "There is interest in Borini from LFC. We are evaluating things with dg Franco Baldini"

Kyoufu

Ajax want 8 million for Anita.

Pass.

this sucks

Our philosophy of buying cheap isn't going to work anymore. Clubs know what we're doing so they're raising their fees.

We need Qatari Foundation or whatever to come and buy us.

Wessiej

Pass.

this sucks

Our philosophy of buying cheap isn't going to work anymore. Clubs know what we're doing so they're raising their fees.

You won't get him. Get out, I won't love Newcastle anymore! Out, out.

Carbonox

Pass.

this sucks

Seriously, even paying 8m for Anita, 6+m for Debuchy, etc. is still fantastic business as equivalent players in the Premier League would probably cost double that at least. We can't be tight arse forever. As you said, teams can just raise their fees if they think clubs are taking advantage.

-MB-

Pass.

this sucks

Good, it was about time they started to wise up and not let their talents go for cheap devalueing their own team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom