• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

Ajax want 8 million for Anita.

Pass.

this sucks

Our philosophy of buying cheap isn't going to work anymore. Clubs know what we're doing so they're raising their fees.

We need Qatari Foundation or whatever to come and buy us.

I think we stil need to ditch van der Wiel, you want him?

Carbonox

If he's as decent as he is on FIFA then sure. :p

Seriously though, how is he? He was tipped to be big for the future but I've heard fuck all from him in quite a while.

Is it wrong of me to secretly hope for Spurs to under-perform so AVB gets sacked?

I'm a bad person, I know.

Don't worry, I always wish for Spurs to under-perform and self destruct.

Ajax want 8 million for Anita.

Pass.

this sucks

Our philosophy of buying cheap isn't going to work anymore. Clubs know what we're doing so they're raising their fees.

We need Qatari Foundation or whatever to come and buy us.

They better leave the small guy alone. Honestly, it wouldn't be nice if Anita leaves too. He is probably the most essential player in Ajax' first team.

He looks like a solid player. Wish we could afford him (we can, but we're just stingy and tight).

He can read the game very well and he fits exactly into an offensive playing style. Last season he had multiple tackles leading to a goal. Intercept and immediately move foreward.

I can't disagree with this. I don't like his attitude after the 2010 world cup. He never got to his old level because he thought he was the best. I prefer to see the substitude (Van Rhijn) playing than Van der Wiel.

pappe

If Lloris happens, then pretty much every club in the PL bar QPR and United have a top class goalkeeper.

wojciech-szczesny-arsenal-718.jpg

GorillaJu

Unless Liverpool played in Eredivisie. Then everything would lead to goal posts/crossbars.

Ian Ayre needs to bring up the idea that's on the front of everyone's mind, but they're all afraid to talk about:

Should we implement nets without any woodwork in the PL in 2012?

Corrupt English FA would probably just make them bars bigger because they hates the scousers.

pappe

Ian Ayre needs to bring up the idea that's on the front of everyone's mind, but they're all afraid to talk about:

Corrupt English FA would probably just make them bars bigger because they hates the scousers.

Unless Liverpool buy Messi. Then they should replace the football goal with a basketball net.

GorillaJu

Not sure I would call Ben Foster or Kelvin Davis top class either. Actually not sure if I would call more than a few top class keepers in the league, Cech, Reina and Hart? Some of the rest might be solid and even good, but hardly top class.

Look at that primate.

Isn't Foster pretty highly rated?

I'm just constantly impressed by how many solid keepers there are in the PL. Even the small teams have fantastic stoppers, like Vorm and Al Habsi.

Arjen

I can't disagree with this. I don't like his attitude after the 2010 world cup. He never got to his old level because he thought he was the best. I prefer to see the substitude (Van Rhijn) playing than Van der Wiel.

Yeah he's been shit ever since he came back from the World Cup.

Oxx

Red nets, red goalposts.

gurasa

That home Spurs shirt has a cheap look to it, away shirt looks much better, I love it.

happy birthday MARIO GOMEZ!

to all haters:
http://static.tumblr.com/z0fn1zf/BP9m1o8d1/tumblr_m1b69gneda1qciunzo1_500.gif[img]

GOMEZ WITH IT![/QUOTE]
That's a great gif. I've added a small touch:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AAO5M.gif

dc89

Santa Cruz:

Has cost City about £14,800,000 in wages so far and around a £17,500,000 transfer fee. A total of about £32,300,000

He has made 20 appearances and scored 3 goals.

I feel ill

Santa Cruz:

Has cost City about £14,800,000 in wages so far and around a £17,500,000 transfer fee. A total of about £32,300,000

He has made 20 appearances and scored 3 goals.

I feel ill

Financially well run club though. Any club should be jealous of that sort of business acumen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom