• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look! Another Mark Hughes disaster. The guy just signs who he likes regardless of how good they are.

I agree, another poor pick by Hughes (don't like it when managers just go and buy the players they worked with before). But someone upstairs opened the cheque book without asking questions. Fortunately that seems to be happening less at City for the time being.

LegoArmo

Oh look! Another Mark Hughes disaster. The guy just signs who he likes regardless of how good they are.

You didn't have much to offer other than money at that point, I feel he got the best players he could, considering that.

Plus, you know, Kompany.

Also sounds like Borini to Liverpool is very much back on.

"There is a real interest shown by Liverpool for Borini," Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini said during today's press conference in Roma's pre-training camp in Riscone.

"We are evaluating the situation with (Roma general manager) Franco (Baldini)."

Fady K

Silva looks cute here lol.

196707hp2.jpg

Yes indeed. Way back before the Messi days! I think in 1999 Louis van Gaal was still head coach of Barcelona. He was the coach who let Xavi made his debute in the first team of Barcelona. So Xavi is playing for Barca's first squad since 1999 :D

Yes it is indeed very beautiful. But two weeks ago I had a surgery for my jaw. I got a headache from playing Mass Effect but I don't get one from playing FM 2012.
Yeah I like Valencia but I am not really that much of a fan. I like how they keep playing good when all there best players get sold like Villa, Silva and Mata. I also use Valencia a lot lately with Fifa 12 playing it only. I play in a 4-4-1-1 formation with Jonas behind Soldado and Jordi Alba als Left mifdielder and Pablo Hernandez as right midfielder and Alberto Costa as defensive midfielder.

I meant as a friend on this forum. Apparently you can also add people as friends on this forum. But I will add you on ps network as well later this afternoon.My PSN=Goosseffbrothers and I play Fifa 12 a lot. I am only in division 7 yet tough online I just started with it last week.

Thanks for the compliment. You seem like a nice guy as well. Come to think of it I find everyone quite helpfull and nice around here. But then again I only registered for this forum this May and got accepted just this Sunday. Yeah Modric joining would be great. I once had a Fifa 12 career where I signed Modric with Real Madrid and now he seems to join them for real.

Van Gaal? Wow that was long back indeed. I wonder how he'll do as the national coach of Holland. Yes, Xavi has been around forever, i feel lucky to still see him playing in this day and age!

Sorry to hear about your jaw, how are you feeling now? Its true - after all the players they sold, it's incredible that they rarely drop below third place! That's a good line up that you use in FIFA.

Oh that's what you meant! Nice, I'll add you up on the PSN anyway :] I don't play that much FIFA or PES because in my game time I tend to play single player games. I do play online at times too if its co-op. Football co-op IS AMAZING.

Thanks for your kind words bro, much appreciated. Yes - this thread is full of wonderful people. Even when they seem to be mean, they mean no harm 90% of the time. Very friendly community.

Modric. I love Modric. I think he'll be GREAT at Real if he gets enough playtime.

If you count people who randomly crashes into everything flying helicopters, yes, otherwise far from it. I miss footygaf on there.

That actually sounds fun :p Do you do it on purpose :p?

dc89

You didn't have much to offer other than money at that point, I feel he got the best players he could, considering that.

Plus, you know, Kompany.

Speaking of Kompany

youtube.com/watch?v=O1JsDZ…

Shirt looks awesome with his name and those patches!

Arnie

Stobart says we're after Joe Allen. Can we not just promote Suso? Also would mean Jay and/or Adam would have to go. Won't see me objecting.

Jonjo Shelvey's signed a new contract though, fucking spiffy news Jonjo, class player.

GorillaJu

I saw a mod on RAWK say they had heard Liverpool's interest in Ramirez was non-existent, and it was all agent talk, which is something I'd easily believe.

Yeah, starting to believe this myself. The moment it was rubbished by all the journalists who are close to the club, I began to doubt the validity of the rumors. Especially since it was specifically mentioned that any plans for Ramirez vanished along with Comolli.

When everyone was saying that the Borini transfer would be dead in the water, with him transferring over to Roma, I wasn't completely satisfied - there's no reason why we couldn't bid more than the total amount Roma paid. They'd still make a profit and he'd still be a cheap buy for us.

I hope that "certain" signing happens soon!

Bumhead

Banned
We have signed Diogo Amado, 22 year old Portugese midfielder. Was part of the youth setup at Sporting and has represented Portugal at under 16 to under 21 level.

Any of our Portugese members know much about him?

We have signed Diogo Amado, 22 year old Portugese midfielder. Was part of the youth setup at Sporting and has represented Portugal at under 16 to under 21 level.

Any of our Portugese members know much about him?

It seems like your Front Office is making a lot of moves to make you competitive. I'm excited to see how your season turns out!

Yen

Stobart says we're after Joe Allen. Can we not just promote Suso? Also would mean Jay and/or Adam would have to go. Won't see me objecting.

Jonjo Shelvey's signed a new contract though, fucking spiffy news Jonjo, class player.

Jay will stay, was one of the guys at B-Rod's first press conference and basically said "I know my place." - a squad player.

Delighted for Jonjo, love him. Just in case anyone didn't know, Jonjo posted pictures of his penis on twitter a while back. That's not why I love him, btw.

Arnie

Won't see much complaining from me, I've already noted that I don't think the guy's as good as the price tag being thrown around.

Jay will stay, was one of the guys at B-Rod's first press conference and basically said "I know my place." - a squad player.

Delighted for Jonjo, love him. Just in case anyone didn't know, Jonjo posted pictures of his penis on twitter a while back. That's not why I love him, btw.
As it stands we've got too many midfielders though, and if we're looking to bring any more in then it's getting ridiculous. We need a defensive midfielder, but to get one, again, we'd need to flog one of our current crop, most obvious of which is Jay or Adam.

Fady K

Apparently there has been no formal bids for Moura. 25m euros is being scoffed at, they think the valuation is far more than that.

Sao Paulo's FD - "There is no (formal) offer and, even if it were to appear, this amount is ridiculous," he said. "How can you pay €25m (£20m) for a player of Lucas' quality? Italian football is broke - the club (Inter) are broke. It seems they are creating this to satisfy the fans. Lucas is happy here. Now he will go to the Olympics and he will continue to fulfil his contract, which runs until 2015."

Arnie

Is Borini preferable to you guys then? What's the price tag on him?

You guys need to get some new wingers regardless.
Far preferable, I was genuinely gutted when Roma won the blind auction a few weeks ago, although it turns out that's actually not a bad thing as it simplifies the negotiations. Fee is around £8 million.

Bumhead

Banned
I reckon he could definitely do a job in the championship.

If he's got pace then probably.

The talk was that this Amado lad was signing as part of our "Development Squad" but it doesn't specify that on the OS so who knows. Hopefully he turns out better for us than Bebe has for you!

It seems like your Front Office is making a lot of moves to make you competitive. I'm excited to see how your season turns out!

Yeah, we've signed 6 players now which isn't too bad for the second week in July. We're also linked with Paulo Regula (another young Portugal midfielder) and David Norris from Portsmouth, and we need 2 new wingers, but we're almost ready for The Championship I think.

£8m.
Expect Sterling to play more. He's probably our best winger, which says a lot about the quality at the club.

Far preferable, I was genuinely gutted when Roma won the blind auction a few weeks ago, although it turns out that's actually not a bad thing as it simplifies the negotiations. Fee is around £8 million.

Cool.

Doesn't Suso also play on the wing? If this were FM I'd be using them as my back-ups for Carling cup games to develop them.

But who will play on the right this season presuming Downing keeps the left hand position?

Grim1ock

Banned
Santa Cruz:

Has cost City about £14,800,000 in wages so far and around a £17,500,000 transfer fee. A total of about £32,300,000

He has made 20 appearances and scored 3 goals.

I feel ill

mark hughes was a disaster for man city. some of his signings are frankly laughable. Any other club would suffer with unspeakable amounts of crippling debts

GorillaJu

I would also prefer Borini to Ramirez. Ramirez is a good creative player with lots of flair and trickery, but Borini is 100% exactly the kind of player we need - an out and out goalscorer.

I reckon what makes him a good prospect is that our attack never operates on the same level Suarez is on, but Borini has a real intelligence to his movement. He would benefit from Suarez's chance creation.

He's exactly the type of player we were crying out for all last year since losing Torres.

But who will play on the right this season presuming Downing keeps the left hand position?

If we a play Rodgers style 4-2-3-1, then that means Suarez would be on the right of the three, and Downing on the left.

Arnie

He's exactly the type of player we were crying out for all last year since losing Torres.

Yep, one that sticks the ball in the back of the net.

I've just seen a stat on Twitter saying Lloris made the least amount of clean sheets in Ligue 1 last season? So why is everyone dropping their pants for him?

Our thread titles need to reflect the marvel that is MUFC facebook.
I can never work out whether they're genuine or a piss take, which says a lot if they're the former.

GorillaJu

I've just seen a stat on Twitter saying Lloris made the least amount of clean sheets in Ligue 1 last season? So why is everyone dropping their pants for him?

Rude answer: because there's more to a defense than just the goalkeeper.

Apparently there has been no formal bids for Moura. 25m euros is being scoffed at, they think the valuation is far more than that.

Sao Paulo's FD - "There is no (formal) offer and, even if it were to appear, this amount is ridiculous," he said. "How can you pay €25m (£20m) for a player of Lucas' quality? Italian football is broke - the club (Inter) are broke. It seems they are creating this to satisfy the fans. Lucas is happy here. Now he will go to the Olympics and he will continue to fulfil his contract, which runs until 2015."

Well his agent claims to be flying to London in the coming days to get the deal done with Chelsea... So seems like he is confident there will be an agreement.

Edit : Oh wow, i should sleep, for some reason read Oscar instead of Moura.

Fady K

Terry trial is set to continue, dismissing the case of Terry's defense that it does not need to continue. 3 more days of the trial I believe.

Fady K

Well his agent claims to be flying to London in the coming days to get the deal done with Chelsea... So seems like he is confident there will be an agreement.

Edit : Oh wow, i should sleep, for some reason read Oscar instead of Moura.

Yes, surprisingly things are picking up for Oscar at Chelsea. Would be an out-of-nowhere surprise! Isn't it still early at Denmark :0? Or have you not had much sleep the night prior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom