• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

That's the price for the worst seats in the stadium though.

Prices here are usually based a bit off the quality of the team and therefore the desire for tickets. You'd probably see the absolute worst seats costing $40-$50 at the NFL on a single game price, so maybe $30-$35 for a season ticket holder. $240 is probably the absolute minimum you could pay here (for the Dallas Cowboys, it looks like it's like $590 for the cheapest ticket and that doesn't include $60 per game to park) but again, that's for less than half the games played.

That being said, here are the prices for a nearby MLS team who just opened a new stadium (20 games). The Supporters' Section is standing room only I believe.

2012_DynamoStadium_seatingplan_final_clean.jpg

Prices here are usually based a bit off the quality of the team and therefore the desire for tickets. You'd probably see the absolute worst seats costing $40-$50 at the NFL on a single game price, so maybe $30-$35 for a season ticket holder. $240 is probably the absolute minimum you could pay here (for the Dallas Cowboys, it looks like it's like $590 for the cheapest ticket and that doesn't include $60 per game to park) but again, that's for less than half the games played.
Mighty expensive. I just took a look at two Eredivisie teams in Rotterdam: Feyenoord and Excelsior. Feyenoord is a topclub while Excelsior got demoted this season. Season tickets for Feyenoord vary between ~150 to 268 euro and the top of the line seats have a price of more than 500. In comparison, Excelsior is at around 120 euros. I imagine most lower Eredivisie teams have comparable prices.

Edit: just saw your picture and goddamn.

Wilbur

Banned
There's no way they're maintaining their form and fitness for the whole competition, and like you say there's already been signs of fatigue. That's why I was saying Hodgson should've rested one or both against Ukraine. We're at the stage now where resting them just isn't feasible, and so you're admitting that the other midfielders are there as purely injury cover, rather than credible alternatives.

I don't really feel Jones or Henderson would've been sorely outmatched against Sweden or Ukraine in all honesty. Especially with Parker or Gerrard alongside them. We've barely given the two a break either; Henderson's had a couple of 10 minute cameos when Parker's looked exceptionally spent.

Oh I definitely think one or the other alongside Gerrard would have been a good idea, but we're playing teams now where Gerrard and Parker have to be starting. Given 8 days off between Sweden and Italy would have been perfect but - if not this match - I can see them faltering against Germany.

I'm proud of how we've done so far though, and I haven't felt like that about an England team since the group stages in 2004.

PaulLFC

Everyone's getting in a panic on Twitter over some random wannabe ITK saying Skrtel's told Rodgers he wants to leave. Duncan Jenkins reckons it's not true and Skrtel's on his honeymoon, so I'm more inclined to believe that at the moment.

dc89

Everyone's getting in a panic on Twitter over some random wannabe ITK saying Skrtel's told Rodgers he wants to leave. Duncan Jenkins reckons it's not true and Skrtel's on his honeymoon, so I'm more inclined to believe that at the moment.

o_O

I know a club who would genuinely be interested.

Also this.

"Gerrard on Hart: 'I think we have one of the best keepers in the world who will go on to be the best keeper in the world' #eng #Euro2012"
Henry Winter on Twitter.

Kyoufu

o_O

Also this.

"Gerrard on Hart: 'I think we have one of the best keepers in the world who will go on to be the best keeper in the world' #eng #Euro2012"
Henry Winter on Twitter.

Dat City PR. I would love to be NUFC PR boy, but we don't have much to shout about lol :(

elsk

Banned
I wrote a new article in my weblog. Given the current situation of football in Honduras: the most talented generation just retired and we don't have new talents to replace them, I wrote about how Germany reinvented their football after the lack of talents in World Cup 1998 and Euro 2000: Academies.

Reinventando el fútbol en Honduras: el ejemplo alemán (Parte I) | El Canterano (in Spanish)

I'm planning to wrote a second part, with a proposal of how to implement a similar plan in our local football.

Is this one of those "find the odd man out" lists?

haha

Messi

o_O

Also this.

Henry Winter on Twitter.

Keywords in that comment "one of"

Casillas
Neuer
Buffon
Hart
Cech

No I didn't he said he was one of the best now, but will go on to be the BEST.

Also you missed the best keeper in the world

1330533595407.jpg

GorillaJu

Mirror's incredible journalists at work:

Title: Sour grapes? Messi criticises the defensive football tactics that saw Chelsea and Real Madrid best Barcelona this season

And this is how they came to that conclusion.

The styles of both Jose Mourinho's men and the Blues have attracted criticism in the past for being too defensive.

And perhaps with that in mind, Messi told the Times magazine "Football is a game. I'm trying to have fun on the pitch, always, just to play.

"That's why I do it. The day I stop having fun is the day I retire...I never want to lose that spark, that passion.

"Today, teams are playing more statically, more for the final score than producing good football.

"For them, it's more important to win than to play well. We need more players with passion coming up for the good of football."

This simply has to be what you Brits affectionately label "a pisstake."

And HELL NO.

Wtf?

Reina won the PL Golden Glove THREE times: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08

Kabouter

Yup, I saw that yesterday.

But Meus posted this earlier and I want to know what he was on about

Yeah, I must have mixed up some of his posting history with someone else, because I wasn't able to find the comment again. Should have verified it first via search rather than trusting my (apparently poor) memory and calling him out. I apologized to Meus via PM, and said that my response was obviously too harsh on that basis, though I obviously still feel his reply about the German team supposedly not being German was a bad one. Don't think more needs to be said on it.

GorillaJu

Bayern v Regensburg. ok

Wilbury said "before this season". He has been very mediocre for at least 2 seasons now.

At worst, he's a very good goalkeeper. He passes the ball to the feet of the striker with regularity and has fantastic command of the area. He hasn't been up to his own standards recently, but in no world except Kermit's would Reina ever have qualified as "very mediocre"

Yeah, I must have mixed up some of his posting history with someone else, because I wasn't able to find the comment again. Should have verified it first via search rather than trusting my (apparently poor) memory and calling him out. I apologized to Meus via PM, and said that my response was obviously too harsh on that basis, though I obviously still feel his reply about the German team supposedly not being German was a bad one. Don't think more needs to be said on it.

Don't think it's particularly uncouth to point out that through loopholes, many national teams are composed of players who by all rights really shouldn't be considered from that country. Motta for Italy comes to mind first, as well as Giuseppe Rossi (he's American).

Ashes

Banned

he jelly

<3 meus.

Kabouter

Don't think it's particularly uncouth to point out that through loopholes, many national teams are composed of players who by all rights really shouldn't be considered from that country. Motta for Italy comes to mind first, as well as Giuseppe Rossi (he's American).

Well, I object to it specifically in the case of Germany. Not a single German national team player at Euro 2012 got to be there in any way through loopholes. The only two not to be born in Germany are Podolski and Klose, both of whom moved to Germany at very young ages.

Clegg

Fair enough if you mistook him for someone else.

I agree with you on the issue of eligibility for national teams.

If you meet the criteria that FIFA sets then there is no problem for a Polish born footballer to play for Germany.

I don't even know why Meus bothers to post in football threads anymore.

He thinks the sport is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom