• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pity the fool who doesn't see TDKR in the cinema. You're going to regret it for the rest of your life.

Got my IMAX tickets booked the day they were available (June 11th).
I'll think about it. I hardly go to the cinema to see movies. I always wait for the blu-ray release but The Hobbit is marked on my calendar though. I'm not going to miss out on that one.

I can't stop watching Premier League Years :/ I just want football to start. I am currently watching 03/04 now!
At this pace you'll be running out of seasons soon enough.

Great album sucker both times I saw them in concert.

Only saw them the once. I'd been drinking all day...heavily. Passed out during the support act and was crowdsurfed out. Woke up on the floor about 20ft from the front just as they had came on the stage and blasted straight into Feel Good Hit of the Summer.

I think it was pretty good, I don't remember much.

Talon

KuGsj.gif

Sorry that we can't be friends. I like Korean cinema though. Hope I'll score some points with that.
K-pop is terrible.

Only saw them the once. I'd been drinking all day...heavily. Passed out during the support act and was crowdsurfed out. Woke up on the floor about 20ft from the front just as they had came on the stage and blasted straight into Feel Good Hit of the Summer.

I think it was pretty good, I don't remember much.
I saw them early and it seemed like they their sound tech didn't understand the levels. It was all base and you couldn't hear guitar or vocals.

GorillaJu

Honestly Salazar except for beautiful Korean Barbie dolls, I can't figure out why you like K-pop when your taste in music otherwise is pretty damn solid. I know you're sick of hearing my spiel on Korean idols so I won't pester you any further.

Liverpool links so far have been all over the place but all the strong links have been with players I'd absolutely love to have:

Borini, Draxler and Holtby, Joe Allen <3, Sigurdsson, Gaston Ramirez, Clint Dempsey and now Kuba is linking himself to Liverpool (though that one is most definitely bullshit)

Also, I am allowing myself one splurge this month as I save money for my friend's visit to Japan, and that is to see TDKR. Seeing movies in Japan is a splurge, btw. It's about £20 for a 3d movie ticket. If you watch it after 8pm it goes down to about 16, but still... Mine, the ladyfriend's, train fare, and dinner, is an expensive night out.

Honestly Salazar except for beautiful Korean Barbie dolls, I can't figure out why you like K-pop when your taste in music otherwise is pretty damn solid. I know you're sick of hearing my spiel on Korean idols so I won't pester you any further.

Liverpool links so far have been all over the place but all the strong links have been with players I'd absolutely love to have:

Borini, Draxler and Holtby, Joe Allen <3, Sigurdsson, Gaston Ramirez, Clint Dempsey and now Kuba is linking himself to Liverpool (though that one is most definitely bullshit)

Also, I am allowing myself one splurge this month as I save money for my friend's visit to Japan, and that is to see TDKR. Seeing movies in Japan is a splurge, btw. It's about £20 for a 3d movie ticket. If you watch it after 8pm it goes down to about 16, but still... Mine, the ladyfriend's, train fare, and dinner, is an expensive night out.

I thought there was a clause in Rodgers contract saying he couldn't sign any Swansea player for 12 months?

GorillaJu

It's not actually in his contract; it was a gentlemen's agreement and also depends on the player's situation.

Rodgers won't come in trying to poach his favorites but if there are noises about Joe Allen wanting a move away, or other clubs lining up bids, then we'd be foolish to hold off on a player we've been scouting for a full year now. Laudrup or Jenkins might agree that the money they would get from us would help them bolster their squad and make it worth it. We could also offer them a young player on loan, like Joao Carlos, Marc Pelosi, Suso, etc.

He tried to get Sigurdsson. Doesn't he count?

Technically not a Swansea player I guess.

It's not actually in his contract; it was a gentlemen's agreement and also depends on the player's situation.

Rodgers won't come in trying to poach his favorites but if there are noises about Joe Allen wanting a move away, or other clubs lining up bids, then we'd be foolish to hold off on a player we've been scouting for a full year now. Laudrup or Jenkins might agree that the money they would get from us would help them bolster their squad and make it worth it. We could also offer them a young player on loan, like Joao Carlos, Marc Pelosi, Suso, etc.

Oh okay I thought it was in his contract. Interested to see how Allen does at the Olympics.

Salazar

I've got a bad feeling about Dempsey

Decent pickup.

I'm coming around to Baines. If he doesn't disappear like Evra does, and understands how to jockey without backing off at full speed towards his own goal, and whips in above-average crosses, he will help us a lot.

We miss a Ruud-like heading machine kind of striker, but they're not easy to find.

Meier

Dempsey scored 28 goals between Fulham and the USMNT last season. You'd be nuts to not want him on your team. He's absolutely one of the best MF in the Premier League.

jtb

Banned
it's not like United don't already have one of the best strikers in the world, even if he is better at playing deeper role—not like Rooney couldn't be shoved up front to score off of crosses if you had too, kind of similar to the role Ronaldo would play with Man Utd against various teams or even Rooney's role against Man City (which didn't work because they scored off a set piece and the service was shit, but you get my point)

GorillaJu

Dempsey scored 28 goals between Fulham and the USMNT last season. You'd be nuts to not want him on your team. He's absolutely one of the best MF in the Premier League.

I know. He's awesome and I'd love him at Liverpool. The ubiquitous "buh buh he's not a German/Portugese/Uruguayan wunderkind!" mentality driving me insane.

Also, it would appear that Fabio Borini is now a Liverpool player. :D Guy who writes LFC Boston blog photographed with John Henry, then tweets "LFC Boston &#8207;@LFCBoston
Have it on the most soundest source possible that Liverpool have signed Fabio Borini. &#8234;#fb&#8236;"

Salazar

Also, it would appear that Fabio Borini is now a Liverpool player.

pAO3F.gif

twitter said:
Comparing Theo Walcott to Lucas Moura is like comparing Rick Ross with the Notorious BIG. Same size, totally different quality.

We're surely going to get some word soon from the club. About anything. About anyone. Aside from the presser with Kagawa and Powell.

Sloosha

Very disappointed that we didn't keep a hold of Borini, especially after his successful loan spell at Swansea. Still hope he does well though - even if it has to be at Liverpool. :(

Salazar

To be fair that one alone is one hell of a signing.

True. And I'm slightly optimistic about how the side will shape up. Vida back will be a big deal. Fit Clev will be awesome.

It really is just that DM to stop sides taking the piss out of us down the middle.

We were fucking lucky to survive against Spurs late in the season. We got crunched in that abysmal 4-4 with Everton. A quick, hard tackler with a very safe passing game would be superb. Upgrade on Fletch.

I agree, the walrus. Moura would be dumping more icing on an already capable attack. It would be like signing someone based on a poll from mufc facebook.

jtb

Banned
Kagawa is a fantastic signing. and I'm not sure why all the PL clubs are scrambling over these overpriced South American wonderkids. I'm sure they can be great, and many of them will be, but I can't think of any off the top of my head that were able to make the jump to the PL straight from South America. Whether that's because of work permits or just because they simply aren't good enough, I don't know, but I don't think Lucas Moura is the answer to United's problems. and 25m for Oscar would be a pretty ridiculous price for someone who's unproven on just about every level.

rodvik

It really is just that DM to stop sides taking the piss out of us down the middle.

We were fucking lucky to survive against Spurs late in the season. We got crunched in that abysmal 4-4 with Everton. A quick, hard tackler with a very safe passing game would be superb. Upgrade on Fletch.

Yeah you take em for granted if you have one but once you are missing one you REALLY feel it.

Its why I am delighted Lamberts first signing was El Ahmadi. He recognised this was our major weak point as well and immediately strengthened it.

By the way speaking of Man U. Whats up with Chicharito?

Joe

Did I really miss the liveonlinefooty new member sign up? Their twitter feed says nothing, its useless! This sucks

FootballFan

shaqiri u beautiful man!

Excited to see Shaqiri, hope he shines and becomes a much much better Robben.

Damn guys. The last night with my mate Loki. He has a tumor in his head and is getting put to sleep tomorrow :(

Devastated, he's been around for the past 11 years (was his birthday last week!). Spoilt him loads today, gonna miss him

Sucks man, dogs are amazing. :( Sorry for your loss.

Afellay to Arsenal? For 6 million? Dream come true.

Arsenal would be the perfect team for him but I hope that that is just a rumour.

GorillaJu

Arsenal would be the perfect team for him but I hope that that is just a rumour.

With his injury record, you really couldn't find a better fit.

Edit: Ronaldinho sips from can of Pepsi, loses deal with Coke!!

Things got worse on Monday, as Coca-Cola terminated a lucrative sponsorship deal with the former superstar after he was seen drinking Pepsi at a news conference, Xinhua reports.

"Coca Cola recognizes the career and the value of Ronaldinho," the beverage giant said in a statement. "However due to recent developments it has become impossible to continue the partnership."

Ronaldinho was speaking to the press about an upcoming game with his new club Atletico Mineiro. Two cans of Pepsi were placed on the table in front of him, and the 32-year-old sipped from one of them.

Ridiculous.

sohois

Kagawa is a fantastic signing. and I'm not sure why all the PL clubs are scrambling over these overpriced South American wonderkids. I'm sure they can be great, and many of them will be, but I can't think of any off the top of my head that were able to make the jump to the PL straight from South America. Whether that's because of work permits or just because they simply aren't good enough, I don't know, but I don't think Lucas Moura is the answer to United's problems. and 25m for Oscar would be a pretty ridiculous price for someone who's unproven on just about every level.

Maybe english clubs are just tired of paying double the price in a few years to get these kids from Porto, Udinese, etc. Whilst the prices being asked for the players is fairly ridiculous (and Porto and Udinese are bad examples since they would never pay so much for S.American talent), consider the top youngsters in Europe and their prices, Lukaku went for £17million last season so the prices being demanded are in line with that.

Carbonox

Heh according to The Independent, a £10m deal for Carroll can't be ruled out for Newcastle, with Fulham and SHOCKING NEWS West Ham interested. I might call up some random fool at that shit club and say that I'm good enough to play pro football and I bet you they would even be interested in signing me. Clueless shites.

Fady K

Yurt, Del Piero is wanted by a football club in
Thailand.

@ Fady:

Forgot to tell you. I took the first position in La Liga today. Real Madrid played 0-0 at home against Malaga and I won 2-1 against Real Betis at home. 8 more matches and Real has to scrabe 1 more point out of it than me. Because I beated Real 3-1 won at home and lost only 4-2 away so that second goal from my team could make me the champion. And I see you talking about Lucas Moura.25 million euro's is indeed on the low side I also have him at Valencia and he cost me 30 million euro's spread in a 4 year payment.

Haha, you pipped Real Madrid to the first spot, congrats. How crazy would that be in real life? I've seen videos of Moura recently, he is insanely talented. In fact, Brazil has so many talented players I'm surprised that they are not far deadlier than they are.

Thanks, it is indeed kinda nice over here. But the weather really sucks :p

What's the weather like nowadays? Summers SUCK in the UAE, ~44 degrees celsius usually.

You seen any more footballers around your city?

I wish man :'( I only met Gerrard, other than that I saw Drogba, Tiote, Kalou, and the Toures play a friendly for Ivory Coast against Tunisia. I also went to a friendly here between PSG and AC Milan last January/February but it was TOO hard to see most players. Allegri's trademark walk was easy to spot though :p

What about you bro? Have you bumped into any players this year? I recall you bumping into Mancini - that's awesome!

i appreciate ur nice words, man! they are awesome! u r a good man! hope you r doing alright!

Thanks hellenic bro, likewise, you are too :)!

Dammit. A month too late. Lambert OUT! El Diego IN!

I know you're joking :p But Diego would be a fun presence at any club I think, not as a coach though -_- Maybe a guy for moral support and cracking jokes for the team :p

Damn guys. The last night with my mate Loki. He has a tumor in his head and is getting put to sleep tomorrow :(

Devastated, he's been around for the past 11 years (was his birthday last week!). Spoilt him loads today, gonna miss him

ib2eBZ9y9qF8jt.PNG

11 years? Wow..so sorry bro :[

Wilbury to return with a Fady-like mega post.

I approve of this!

Imagine you get the urge to shit... Do you leave halfway in the movie or do you crap your pants?

Lololooloooolol. Man, for a movie like this, you have to plan your pooping in advance, you simply have to!

I probably won't be seeing it until a month after release.

It'll be delayed till after Ramadan in the UAE (to coincide with Eid, they have a tradition of releasing the bigger films in Eid here) - hence I'll HAVE to wait a month :'(!!!

Edit: Ronaldinho sips from can of Pepsi, loses deal with Coke!!

Ridiculous.

Yikes, that simple huh :/ If Coke paid me a quarter of what they paid him though I'll make sure to never get caught drinking Pepsi again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom