• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

I know he moved to Porto. I was just wondering how he was getting on there.

Anderson is a lazy, injury prone waster that always come back unfit and overweight. I've given up on him.

He had his brief moments of glory but he was a bench player at best. With Lucho coming in in January and Fernando and Moutinho in the team he lost his space in the team. When he played he went from good to terrible.

For the money they paid for him, he was a disappointment but it was a player that AVB wanted before he left the team...

Seriously though aren't you guys expecting Kagawa to play in CM? I am, like, almost certainly. Sure he will play some games behind a striker but I expect so see him in CM alot.

We'll probs sign Baines and that's it.

Very much doubt it. Every indication is that Fergie, muppet Rene and the coaching staff have identified him as our new number ten. Fits perfectly with what Fergie told Berbatov's agent. We want more speed in the side, perhaps emulating the pressing style of Dortmund and Atletico, which we failed to wield effectively in both finals against Barca. It's a young squad, so the energy is there.

I'd expect more rotation sliding in from the left. I'm sure we'll work on his passing range, and the timing of his ball release. So, yes, maybe he'll get a sprinkle of games at CM to test him out as a deep-lying playmaker, with an eye for his later career. But a sprinkle at best.

You lot are getting a bit over-pessimistic.

Fry

noob! clevgod is the only reason y man u will compete with bayern for the CL win.

ibueJrXArfRr0t.jpg

Az

This might be random as fuck... I am having a really shitty day today but I have to admit that you guys are the best community on this forum, best to new members too. Make me laugh all the time.

Clegg

Yeah... no.

Schweinsteiger was very poor in the final.

Worst midfielder on the pitch.

Not saying Clev is better than him because he isn't.

But if you stuck a bag of potatoes in the middle of the field and put a Bayern jersey on it, it would have made a bigger impression than Schweinsteiger.

elseanio

This might be random as fuck... I am having a really shitty day today but I have to admit that you guys are the best community on this forum, best to new members too. Make me laugh all the time.

Yeah, had a shitty day myself, but FootyGAF always help.

Wessiej

New captain of Ajax is De Jong, so he must go to some other club next year hehe.

Last captains: Huntelaar, Suarez, Stekelenburg, Vertonghen. Bye De Jong!
Time to make a avatar out of his face!

kharma45

Yup.

Welbeck and Chicharito will get plenty of games. Injuries, rotation, Welbeck's versatility, most likely playing 4-4-2 against lesser sides.

Feel bad for Berbasex.

Yeah if needed we could have Welbeck on the left, Chica up front and even say Young on the right for a totally different attacking line-up with Cleverly playing where I have Kagawa for instance, or even stick Anderson in where Kagawa is and give him a chance if he stays playing an advanced attacking role.

All the forward players we have now (bar Hernandez and arguably Valencia) have the ability to play pretty much anywhere in attack so there'll be plenty of scope for rotation.

Clegg

And what makes you think that noob would've been better than him?

Because just about any other midfielder would have done a better job. Maybe not Charlie Adam but you get the idea.

Being actually serious now. It was a mistake to play Schweinsteiger in the final. He was unfit and it clearly showed. It adversely affected Germany in the Euros too. He looked off the pace for the entire tournament.

Arnie

Uruguay 3-2 Chile

Suarez (captain) with two, and won a pen for Cavani to score
If he was half as clinical for Liverpool as he is for Uruguay he'd be our RVP. I can remember a Uruguay match where he didn't score.
Just read on Eurosport that AC Milan accepted a bit for Zlatan and Thiago Silva from PSG. Would be a surprising U turn after the recent events.
AC obviously don't need him if they're getting AC.

Clegg

I thought Wilbury was unbanned today.

If thats the case then why haven't we been inundated with cock talk and rampant paedophilia?

G-Unit

Have you seen my collection? What is this money you speak of?

How about Charlize Theron? I find her pretty damn sexy.

I've seen it. Money wise, I'm making $960 a month right now. Thats equivalent of a salary of $3000 maybe $3200 in USA. The things is, it's good money to live locally, but once you start buying stuff from outside, it's not really that much

Meier

Rumors lately have suggested that Milan have approached City again about Tevez. I guess we'll see what happens with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom