• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Me: Spain need to get a striker on.
*Goal 15 seconds later*

If I could have any player in the world back at Liverpool, it would be Xabi.

bjaelke

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports
Spain striker Roberto Soldado has extended his contract with Valencia until the summer of 2017.

Scum

Oh, I get it, Del Bosque. 6 MFs means no ST for the opposing defence to man mark, throwing the back line into turmoil as they're dragged around and drawn out of position.

You win this round, Del Bosque...

Great stuff from Xabi, though.

Fry

Pay attention to the way Badstuber celebrates

ihBtJ3SsqvmCj.gif

lol he's so funny. Reminds me of this gif:

tumblr_m1t0yfIfjQ1qin3w6o1_500.gif

Clegg

Spain are a technically marvellous team. Full of players that are gifted passers with amazing off the ball movement. Iniesta has been player of the tournament so far imo.

But for a team that is so technically gifted, they are awful to watch. They constantly dick around with the ball when in possession and seem deathly afraid of shooting from outside the box.

They are dreadfully boring. Torres isn't a very good striker anymore but Spain play much better when he's on the pitch and they actually have someone to pass to up front.

Yen

Andy Mitten ‏@AndyMitten
Alonso may be defensive mid. He's also Spain's 3rd highest scorer since Del Bosque took over in 2008 with more goals than Torres.

Clegg

Clichy has been complete shit tonight. He's staying so close to his centre half that he's leaving 15 yards of space between himself and the player Spain have on the wing. He's been caught out of position so badly.

He's been every bit as bad as Evra.

Clegg

I know why Spain play the way they do.

They keep passing in order to stretch the defence and then try to find that killer ball while the opposition is disorganised. But it just seems so pointless to me.

They play better with a striker on the pitch and look much more threatening.

Spain can be a very boring side sometimes.

Clichy has been complete shit tonight. He's staying so close to his centre half that he's leaving 15 yards of space between himself and the player Spain have on the wing. He's been caught out of position so badly.

He's been every bit as bad as Evra.

That's what Blanc asked him to do though since Spain attacks go through the middle 90% of the time. The problem is Ribery not helping Clichy enough when Clichy glues himself to Koscielny. It's a bit less of problem on the other side since France played 2 full-backs, Reveillere and Debuchy.

France have to start throwing themselves forward, Spain have put the game to sleep and France are just dozing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom