• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

icn_rvp45kvq.gif
I actually think City's style of play is absolutely perfect for the kind of goals that RVP scores, even though I'm against a move for him. He'd be a force, and it'll be shitty that he may not be as good in fantasy PL, since City won't rely on him like le Arse did.

GorillaJu

This James Rodriguez stuff better be bullshit and better die quickly. I don't think I can handle the heartbreak when it eventually doesn't happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yep. Sell RVP. He's overrated anyway.

He's made of glass as well, not a chance in hell he plays a whole season again. If Arsenal can fool someone into spending £30m+ they will be laughing.

elseanio

Lloris; Reveillere, Rami, Koscielny, Clichy; Debuchy, M'Vila, Cabaye, Malouda, Ribery & Benzema

Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Iniesta, Silva & Fabregas

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gerrard on De Rossi and Marchisio!

Daniele De Rossi and Claudio Marchisio both said they were looking forward to facing ‘idol’ Gerrard on Sunday.

“I’m very flattered and humbled to receive compliments from those players and the feeling from myself is mutual respect.

“De Rossi is a fantastic midfielder who can see a long pass, create goals and score important goals. Marchisio runs into the box a bit more.

“Both are threats tomorrow night and it’s important for myself and Scott Parker to control the middle of the park, because Italy have three players with superb technique there and if we let them take control then we’re in trouble.
-
The cheapest season tickets for Juve are €390 this season...

...good! :p

Carbonox

Debuchy pushing up as a winger or DM?

No Torres?

Definitely want France to win. Stop being awesome Debuchy so we have it easier trying bag you. :(

Kyoufu

No Torres?

Definitely want France to win. Stop being awesome Debuchy so we have it easier trying bag you. :(

I don't think we'll get him unless Ashley coughs up the cash. We're spending 12mil+ on De Jong which doesn't leave us much for Debuchy.

:'(

:'(

I want to hump his shrine so bad. You have no idea.

No Torres?

I want France to win now too. Spain probably would have beaten Italy if they'd have started a striker. I don't care if its Torres, Llorente or Negredo I just think playing without a striker is stupid.

But chances are they'll still go through so thats all that matters I suppose.

I don't think the France team play very well with each other, lots of individual talent but don't really mesh well. Blanc has made the right choice dumping Evra though. Would be nice to see Benzema turn up at some point.

Ushojax

This no striker system is a crock of shit. Spain look miles better even with a donkey like Torres.

Sleepy

dc89

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...fer-for-Arsenal-striker-Robin-van-Persie.html
Telegraph reporting City are going to make a formal offer for RVP. If we get a big price tag for him I say go for it, Nasri for 24m was a great sell and he was on the last year of his contract as well. Squeeze Mancini dry.

icn_rvp45kvq.gif
I actually think City's style of play is absolutely perfect for the kind of goals that RVP scores, even though I'm against a move for him. He'd be a force, and it'll be shitty that he may not be as good in fantasy PL, since City won't rely on him like le Arse did.

£30m+ and Arsenal are getting a good deal for him imo.

Yep. Sell RVP. He's overrated anyway.

He's made of glass as well, not a chance in hell he plays a whole season again. If Arsenal can fool someone into spending £30m+ they will be laughing.

I can't see City bidding more than £20m in my opinion. It's not like Nasri who is younger and more robust.

If Arsenal want £25m plus I can see City saying no thanks and moving for Cavani or someone of that ilk.

kharma45

I can't see City bidding more than £20m in my opinion. It's not like Nasri who is younger and more robust.

If Arsenal want £25m plus I can see City saying no thanks and moving for Cavani or someone of that ilk.

City will get the arse torn out of them for Cavani too, no matter who you go for you're going to have to pay an inflated price.

Salvadora

My only problem with this is that Wenger won't buy someone of his caliber to replace him. Any news if Walcott is staying or going?

Go France, beat Spain.

Its been decidedly silent on that front, offers will come in I think. Still not sure if we should keep him or not, he's disappointed me over and over again. I agree what you think, even if we got 30 million or more it wouldn't be used correctly. A world class player should be replaced by one.

GorillaJu

I don't really care who wins at all. I love the way Spain play on an individual basis but I've had my fill of their style for the time being, and with England still being in it I'd appreciate Spain to be knocked out if possible.

Sleepy

Its been decidedly silent on that front, offers will come in I think. Still not sure if we should keep him or not, he's disappointed me over and over again. I agree what you think, even if we got 30 million or more it wouldn't be used correctly. A world class player should be replaced by one.

Yup. Maybe Podolski and Gioud (?) will both fill the gap, but who knows. I adore Walcott, though. Yes, he is disappointing, but when he gets it right, it is magical to watch.

dc89

City will get the arse torn out of them for Cavani too, no matter who you go for you're going to have to pay an inflated price.

I don't mind paying inflated prices for that kind of player. Not that it's my money haha!

I just can't see a huge amount of money going on RVP considering his contract, age, and penchant for injury.

Kyoufu

I don't mind paying inflated prices for that kind of player. Not that it's my money haha!

I just can't see a huge amount of money going on RVP considering his contract, age, and penchant for injury.

It's RVP. Player of the Year, proven goal-scorer, etc. He'll be expensive no matter what. Besides, City wipes its arse with 20 million. They can easily pay whatever Arsenal want.

Ushojax

lol

When have City ever done that? If they want the player they will pay, they don't give a shit about the fee.

dc89

"Balotelli press conference in Kiev RT @sistoney67: Best of Mario: "I'm more of a man than Peter Pan."

Oliver Kay's Twitter.

Damn, I wish I get chance to see this.

Blablurn

Bla, as German living in China, why do you support the Heat?

im back in germany right now :( but back in china i met an american who was a boston fan. i started just to piss him off but then i fell love with the whole organization. and lebron is a living legend in the making!

watching lebron getting his first ring is like watching jordans first win.

dc89

Hey Yurt! I didn't know what you sent to me on Twitter.

Those France jackets the players are wearing are smart as hell too. If Nike makes stuff like that for City, I'm all for them.

elseanio

Hey Yurt! I didn't know what you sent to me on Twitter.

Those France jackets the players are wearing are smart as hell too. If Nike makes stuff like that for City, I'm all for them.

Was about to post the same about the Spain ones :p

Cesc 7/1 FGS... fuck off adverts, I've lost too much during this tournament already :(

Ben Arfa isn't a starter. He only started against Sweden because the result didn't matter.

Yeah he's not but he had a go at Blanc for subbing him off during the Sweden game. Argued that other players were worse and said the coach should send him back home if he was going to treat him unfairly like that. Apparently he called Nasri a liar too on the pitch, which is true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom